Statue Weta Workshop's Tauriel Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
god damn this piece from weta actually looks really good, i committed myself not to get anything else besides merry pippin for this license. argg temptations...

What do you mean 'actually' looks good? They all do, it's just that I think some people prefer a bit of detailing on the base. Well, this one has both the black base and a cool bit of tree environment! You must be pleased! This and Azog.
Besides, as we know, the SSW line had black bases so it makes sense to keep them for this line so they fit in.

And yes, I hope to see a Beorn in bear form satue. I don't think Weta will be able to resist making a massive, detailed bear in an attacking pose! Think of all the detailing they could put into the fur...

And yes, I hope to see a Beorn in bear form satue. I don't think Weta will be able to resist making a massive, detailed bear in an attacking pose! Think of all the detailing they could put into the fur...

Yes...me too! I think it would be similar to Azog in size.

This to me is a nicer piece than Thranduil. Both statues are great though. I love the tree base with the blue fungi

Nice looking statue and really looking forward to this character in the new film, if CDUK stock her I might have to put in an order...

Got my order in, sweet! Let's hope that 'early' stock is plentiful at the UK warehouse. :)
The price bump is not that big for me, €206,- instead of say €199.- for Gandalf. Shipping isn't as cheap as US rates though, came in at €23,-

Why not just order from Weta? You'll get Weta dollars to spend on other stuff

Not keen on the whole taking payment then giving it back to you business, besides CDUK also have a reward points so I'm not losing out by going with them (plus they have a layaway system to pay bits off as and when)

I can't wait to see actual pics.

There is a low quantity alert on Tauriel now. So those that are waiting better get in soon...

I can't wait to see actual pics.

There is a low quantity alert on Tauriel now. So those that are waiting better get in soon...

Agreed, looking forward to seeing the pictures of this one, its a great looking statue.

Hopefully we should be getting ours in the UK in the next few weeks...I hate waiting for statues!! :gah:

Agreed, looking forward to seeing the pictures of this one, its a great looking statue.

Hopefully we should be getting ours in the UK in the next few weeks...I hate waiting for statues!! :gah:

The base looks really good on her too. I haven't seen many good pictures of the base. But it looks like a map with words are inscribed in it. I just couldn't miss this one. She'll be the start of my Archer collection.

Got a notice as well, should arrive in 10 workings days. Unfortunately that could mean two weeks, but I am getting Tauriel!
Funny though, haven't even seen the movie yet but Tauriel is climbing my fav character ladder at lightning speed :eek:.

I like the statue. At comic-con it looked pretty darn cool. I love the movement, likeness, and detail of the piece. Weta did a fantastic job on her. I agree based on what we've seen in the trailer and such she appears to be a solid addition to the story.

Just saw some in-hand pics from one Chinese Forum.
The paint job is fantastically well done and the cast is surprisingly great, capture all the details.
Look at those wrinkles of clothing and the hair sculpt...and no googly eyes at all!
QQ56FE724720131112202721_zps207eb3ab.jpg

QQ56FE724720131112202715_zpsc9b31fd5.jpg

QQ56FE724720131112202708_zps22c1d3dc.jpg

QQ56FE724720131112202703_zpsca6ba551.jpg

QQ56FE724720131112202657_zpsce9a1c18.jpg

QQ56FE724720131112202652_zps577e2769.jpg

QQ56FE724720131112202637_zps80e8784d.jpg

Back