Statue Weta Workshop Smaug the Terrible Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the delay in shipping of those who are in the second batch could probably be due to Weta fulfilling replacement requests for Balrogs of those who were in the first batch. If you are far down in the 2nd batch queue, you'd expect delays as you've been bumped down further by first batch replacement requests.

Ya that makes sense. Hopefully i will receive update this week... it is almost at the end of the month already, lol.

Starting to put mine together yesterday...23 pieces...was a pain and got a lot of work ahead...hope to finish May/June...he's around 30" long

Starting to put mine together yesterday...23 pieces...was a pain and got a lot of work ahead...hope to finish May/June...he's around 30" long

Did you encounter any issue buying from this sculptor? I know some people got conned and even myself almost lost my USD 570 when i was trying to buy a V-Rex from him. Before i paid the money, he said stock ready and will be sent in 4 days. After paid, he either never reply email for a week or when he replied, giving various reasons like still taking photos, will give me photos soon (every week telling me he will give me photos, he skipped all my questions about when he will send me the item, which he promised to send in 4 days before i paid). Dragged over a month and i felt uneasy with all the lies, and eventually filed a dispute to get back my money. I still have all the mails kept and has known another victim who paid via bank but received a box with just a broken tail.

^^^ Stunning photos :clap. Such an impressive statue.

Thanks, It really is. :)

Pork those are some great shots.

Thanks, :duff.

Been a while since I was that impressed with an order. So much detail.
I'll have to debate the Balrog, no space and extra $ is nonexistent but I'm sure that looks just as good in hand.

Congratts. Realy looks good
Real cameras will always be better than phones...

View attachment 179983

View attachment 179984

View attachment 179985

View attachment 179986

View attachment 179987

View attachment 179988

View attachment 179989

View attachment 179990

View attachment 179982

Looking at it further, my only gripe is that chin "barb" on both sides. I think the pink could have been shaded/toned a bit better. May have to do that at some point, but i still think it looks great.

Thanks, :duff.

Been a while since I was that impressed with an order. So much detail.
I'll have to debate the Balrog, no space and extra $ is nonexistent but I'm sure that looks just as good in hand.

No problem. :duff

It's quite the piece there is no doubt there. The Balrog is fantastic! It one of those pieces that makes the top 10-15 pieces in LOTR collectible history, IMO.

Did you encounter any issue buying from this sculptor? I know some people got conned and even myself almost lost my USD 570 when i was trying to buy a V-Rex from him. Before i paid the money, he said stock ready and will be sent in 4 days. After paid, he either never reply email for a week or when he replied, giving various reasons like still taking photos, will give me photos soon (every week telling me he will give me photos, he skipped all my questions about when he will send me the item, which he promised to send in 4 days before i paid). Dragged over a month and i felt uneasy with all the lies, and eventually filed a dispute to get back my money. I still have all the mails kept and has known another victim who paid via bank but received a box with just a broken tail.

It was my first order with him ..via Paypal.. Was shipped days later from Mexico City ...even got a tracking #... It did take a slow 3 1/2 weeks to get to me ... For me it was a totally successful transaction...I did hear some stories too but took a chance because I had to have it, plus Paypal added some confidence too

It was my first order with him ..via Paypal.. Was shipped days later from Mexico City ...even got a tracking #... It did take a slow 3 1/2 weeks to get to me ... For me it was a totally successful transaction...I did hear some stories too but took a chance because I had to have it, plus Paypal added some confidence too

Thanks for the info Aldo. Hope you enjoyed putting the 23 pieces together :D :gah:

Thanks for the info Aldo. Hope you enjoyed putting the 23 pieces together :D :gah:

It is not a beginners piece...but even with the difficuties it was still a labor of love...very busy with life's goings on at the moment so it cant be one of those done in a week jobs...hopefully by Summer...love it though and the man can sculpt

First impressions...

1.) Most impressive!
2.) It doesn't look like anything's broken. lol
3.) Most complicated statue I've ever had to unpack. (not that there's anything wrong with that)
4.) It's a lot more pale than I though it would be. I pictured it being a deeper more vibrant red.
5.) I'm not sure where I'm going to put this.

...now to examine it some more. :D

I just uploaded a video...

So my only critisism is the color. I would like it to be more red and not so pale in spots such as the wings. The color around the head is ok. I don't have a problem with the paint work/quality itself. Would I like it to look exactly like the prototype, sure. But it pretty darn good the way it is.

Amazing video.
Thanks for sharing.

I looked at extended hobbit desolation of Smaug but in the movie he is not so red at all,so I like the naturall color.

I just uploaded a video...

So my only critisism is the color. I would like it to be more red and not so pale in spots such as the wings. The color around the head is ok. I don't have a problem with the paint work/quality itself. Would I like it to look exactly like the prototype, sure. But it pretty darn good the way it is.

It's a beauty Fritz :rock...congrats man :hi5:. Thanks for the wonderful video. :duff

Thanks guys. It looks like I'm not going to use the crappy video camera I used for my other videos. Seems like the iPhone camera is the better way to go. :dunno

Nice job Frank! I'm not looking forward to having to drag him out to review. :lol

I can save you some time, my review is below...

Fritz's Reviews
Weta Workshop Smaug the Terrible Statue
IT'S ****ING AWESOME!!! :rock :yess:

Nice video, pedestal looks great too. :)

I have to agree with you on the color, I thought the same thing when I unboxed mine but the positives are so many that it hard to complain. I've also noticed depending on lighting there are various highlights in the gold, which I never noticed before and looks pretty cool.

Easily one of my top collectables right now, great piece.

Back