Statue Weta Workshop Smaug the Terrible Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is not a beginners piece...but even with the difficuties it was still a labor of love...very busy with life's goings on at the moment so it cant be one of those done in a week jobs...hopefully by Summer...love it though and the man can sculpt

You are going to paint it yourself too?

Eventually mine will be professionally repainted.

Please post photos after you have done it :) I keep hoping someone could do a professional repaint, that should bring this great sculpt to another level.

Should be charged when they start shipping your item. If they ship this week, you will be charged this week. If your batch is on June, the it is charged on June :)

I get that, it would just be nice to know when it's actually going to ship. Going by what the product page says I should be in the late March/early April shipment but since it's late April that obviously isn't happening so now what? Is it just delayed by a few weeks or will it be June before he comes? I love Weta and everything they do but their communication could use a little work. It's great when you contact them but they should be keeping those of us who ordered this better updated on what's actually going on with it.

Replacement Smaug arrived as first one had it's right wing completely shorn off, worth the wait though. Very happy with this, paint job is excellent and the detail is just stunning!

20150428_210415a.jpg

20150428_210126a.jpg

20150428_210054a.jpg

20150428_203237a.jpg

20150428_203140b.jpg

Saw him this weekend at the con in philadelphia. This is an impressive presence. the sea of gold underneath is pretty darn amazing too.

dang nice, I got the spot and funds for it, been waiting a while, this will be my last lotr piece then im done, although I will have the weta points so need to find something to do with that lol

Given the size and amount of detail this is one of the most impressive pieces I own right now. Even with en ES at 2k and a hefty pricetag it was totally worth it, for me. I don't think it's going to take that long to sellout either.

i asked Megan of Flame of Udun and she said on June 8th

"Hopefully by the end of this week in our NZ and UK warehouses. The US warehouse shipment is a little late so it might be a bit longer!

Otherwise it will be July!"

Soon!

i asked Megan of Flame of Udun and she said on June 8th

"Hopefully by the end of this week in our NZ and UK warehouses. The US warehouse shipment is a little late so it might be a bit longer!

Otherwise it will be July!"

Soon!

Flame of udun is the new weta forum that replace shadow and flame?

I got an email from Weta about that forum too, and of course all the refugees from S&F bouncing through.
With SS now seemingly defunct with ME material I think it's going to be pretty quiet around here...

I do appreciate the diversity of the freaks forum though.

Back