Statue Weta Workshop Smaug the Terrible Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2i1ju5w.jpg

68gcnm.jpg

Thanks!!!!!

Gonna pay for mine on Tues... Gonna get him about July 8...finally

Unboxed mine today. Holy moly Smaug is a massive statue and freeing him out of the packaging layers took a while.

Smaug totally owns the room I can tell you. Place him below eye level and watch him take full effect. Such an extensive piece.

Unboxed mine today. Holy moly Smaug is a massive statue and freeing him out of the packaging layers took a while.

Smaug totally owns the room I can tell you. Place him below eye level and watch him take full effect. Such an extensive piece.

Yah, gotta give Weta credit for really engineering the packing on this. Congrats on the pickup.

Just paid for mine finally....ordered it in Dec $620 shipped total from Weta, should have it in a week :)

Smaug arrived yesterday and finally got around to unpacking it today. Weta deserve kudos for the packaging alone but my god it took over an hour to get him on display!
I'm amazed that given how thin the wings & tips are, that any of these arrive in one piece. Thankfully my has and what a piece it is...a few months after preordering I was toying with cancelling to save money; boy am I glad I stayed the course. This piece (as many have stated before) is outstanding, the detailing & paint work is wonderful and the gold base looks far better in person than on photos. No regrets in buying this and he has pride of place as my Middle Earth centrepiece

Smaug arrived yesterday and finally got around to unpacking it today. Weta deserve kudos for the packaging alone but my god it took over an hour to get him on display!
I'm amazed that given how thin the wings & tips are, that any of these arrive in one piece. Thankfully my has and what a piece it is...a few months after preordering I was toying with cancelling to save money; boy am I glad I stayed the course. This piece (as many have stated before) is outstanding, the detailing & paint work is wonderful and the gold base looks far better in person than on photos. No regrets in buying this and he has pride of place as my Middle Earth centrepiece

I went through the same thing and I'm really glad I didn't cancel.
It's the most $ I've paid (and want to pay) for this type of collectible but was totally worth it.

The only other piece I think of that can come close to this size and detail would be a MT environment.

Unfortunately mine did not survive the journey to my house.

smaug03.jpg

smaug01.jpg

Contacted Weta customer service with photos, awaiting response.

Back