Prop WETA Staves of Radagast and Gandalf

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few months from now and alot more money spent you shall find out

Actually, no I won't, since given the postage cost, and my general lack of knowing where I'd put it anyway, I'm not getting any of them.

We are only at the start of things at this stage and I just know plenty more is coming from Weta, etc. So unless it's something I really really want, I'm just passing till said item comes along.

But we will still find out in a few months time, as others order.

Yeah, not wanting to be mean or anything, but from the photo's it does look a bit 'plastic', that UC one.

Will be interesting to see how the Weta one tuns out.

btw Snadinator, thats cheap postage. If you in Australia, it costs $160USD for postage from NZ, 'oversized' item!!!!

What? That makes no sense. NZ is practically Australia's neibourgh.

What? That makes no sense. NZ is practically Australia's neibourgh.

There is no Australian warehouse, so they just use New Zealand shipping. Which for an oversized item such as this is ridiculously expensive. The US and Europe both have their own warehouses.

Yeah, not wanting to be mean or anything, but from the photo's it does look a bit 'plastic', that UC one.

I don't think it looks too shabby. I guess I'll be able to judge myself, soon! I did wonder if a matte coating on it might dull it a bit? I've put a shinier coat on something dull but never the other way around. Not sure if that'd work.

Got a notice from Weta my Radagast staff was ready to ship but I had to re-enter my payment details. I did that, and the payment page stopped loading and gave me a page load error.

The money has been pulled from my account, but my Weta page is showing some odd stuff about May 2013 transactions not going through or somesuch and saying Payment is processing.

So... I guess Radagast's staff MIGHT be on it's way to me? :)

I put an e-mail into customer service, so hopefully it'll be resolved soon. Can't wait to get this! :)

Got a notice from Weta my Radagast staff was ready to ship but I had to re-enter my payment details. I did that, and the payment page stopped loading and gave me a page load error.

The money has been pulled from my account, but my Weta page is showing some odd stuff about May 2013 transactions not going through or somesuch and saying Payment is processing.

So... I guess Radagast's staff MIGHT be on it's way to me? :)

I put an e-mail into customer service, so hopefully it'll be resolved soon. Can't wait to get this! :)

YUPPERS!!!

It shows on the WETA site as shipping..........

Hadn't peaked in here. That UC Gandalf staff looks pretty sweet. I'm staying away from stuff like this in general as I have no place to put it. From the sidelines I am looking forward to seeing how the Weta staffs came out. I'm sure they will look even better.

Hadn't peaked in here. That UC Gandalf staff looks pretty sweet. I'm staying away from stuff like this in general as I have no place to put it. From the sidelines I am looking forward to seeing how the Weta staffs came out. I'm sure they will look even better.

Not sure what the weta plaque looks like on these, but the uc staffs look to take up no wall space at all

Same here but rethinking Rads.............

Ive been bitten by the Lotr/hobbit weapons bug, I think I will get rads once I see pics, and maybe gandalf too.

Its not so much the plaque. Just something about trying to display a 7ft staff seems like it would be a pain.

Naw, it's just like Tetris when you get one of those long straight pieces. Everybody loves those because everybody has a long straight opening somewhere.

Wait, that came out wrong...:rotfl

The black metal plaque is terrible...looks like it came from Home Depot...I will paint it green

I got my Radagast staff! I think it's AMAZING. The detail is actually much cooler looking than Gandalf's, to be honest. It has lots of knots and thick grooves that makes it feel and look incredibly realistic. The blue crystal on the top looks great too. It's such a gorgeous piece. The wall mount is a little uninspired, but in some ways it's nice that it doesn't take away from the staff. I'm a little confused about how the staff will go into it.

Yea, I saw that mount, horrible and lazy design. The staff looks great, but with such a horrid mount, I think I will pass on this.

Back