Prop WETA Staves of Radagast and Gandalf

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously... why is the Weta version held in higher regard? Isn't the UC one cast in the same mould as the film prop? The UC one is also more expensive.

Actually Weta is more expensive at the moment...I paid less than 130 for my UC shipped...Weta wants over 220 shipped Plus get 27 weta dollars back

How? I see UC's site has it listed for $237 but BBTS has it for $189.99.

The Weta one is going for $179.99

Ordered both Weta staffs!

I only have Radagast's ordered for now. With 3 different manufacturers making Gandalf's I figure I am in no rush to order.

I did not know they would pre-authorise the whole 230$ charge at once though. Showed up on my mobile bank app as a withdraw instead of an authorisation, kind of startled me :lol

ordered Radagast(it's the only one out there not Gandalfs(Weta,UC,NC makes em)...I preordered GG staff from Bladecenter for under 130 shipped...Weta charged me over 40 to ship the Radagast Staff

Me and my impulsive buying!!! :slap :lol

Seriously... why is the Weta version held in higher regard? Isn't the UC one cast in the same mould as the film prop? The UC one is also more expensive.

The information i've seen has shown that the weta version is bigger than the UC/noble versions, since it was from the original mold. The other two were cast off of original props i think, and suffered some shrinkage? So they are a bit shorter/smaller. Not a huge deal. But Weta is also who made all the props from the movies, hence why people tend to value their accuracy and detail a bit more. Doesn't mean they will always be better, but we wont know until all 3 versions are released. Also, weta seems to be doing theirs in fiberglass, one piece. This would make it stronger and less likely to break if you are taking it out of the house with you. I love my UC gandalf the white and saruman staffs.. but they are crap. They are poorly constructed, my gandalf the white staff was chipped and cracked to hell and back, and needs serious repair.. and sarumans has a ball that is wayyy to small and doesn't sit securely in its head. They also feel weak, since they are not a single piece. They need to be screwed together most of the time, which is a downside to me. Some like it for storage, i don't. I'd much rather have a solid item.

If you are paying anywhere near what you have quoted for UC items, you are really buying from horrible sites. UC have some of the cheapest prices around if you shop for them. Bladecenter, and many others often have good deals on them. You shouldn't be paying more than 150 tops for the gandalf staff from UC. And the weta one is 179 from them, and then shipping varies (mine was 11 for gandy's, so i lucked out, others it is like 130 if they are in australia, etc).

Obviously, there is a lot of variance there. But there are a lot of reasons some might prefer weta, and some might prefer UC or NC. I know for sure I want the radagast and gandalf from weta. And once I see the UC/NC pictures, i'll decide if I want one of those as well. I'd love one that lights up, just for the novelty.

The one big advantage about the Weta Staffs is that they are L/E...Radagast's is a must buy because(at least for now) no one makes em which makes it a pretty rare piece...I ordered the UC because of great price plus at the time it was pretty much the only one available...All My UC pieces are doing well although I admit to not owning any of the previous staffs

I used to have all the LotR UC stuff and the swords were really nice. The staffs however were not (for the same reasons Husker75 mentioned).

Agreed. I love my UC swords. They are good quality for what they are. I have a small hoard of them. lol. But the staves are.. well, underwhelming. Quality control sucked on them, and they just feel very off balance and cheap. Displays were horrid too. I love Nobles displays for staves. which we could just buy those displays! lol

The information i've seen has shown that the weta version is bigger than the UC/noble versions, since it was from the original mold. The other two were cast off of original props i think, and suffered some shrinkage? So they are a bit shorter/smaller. Not a huge deal. But Weta is also who made all the props from the movies, hence why people tend to value their accuracy and detail a bit more. Doesn't mean they will always be better, but we wont know until all 3 versions are released. Also, weta seems to be doing theirs in fiberglass, one piece. This would make it stronger and less likely to break if you are taking it out of the house with you. I love my UC gandalf the white and saruman staffs.. but they are crap. They are poorly constructed, my gandalf the white staff was chipped and cracked to hell and back, and needs serious repair.. and sarumans has a ball that is wayyy to small and doesn't sit securely in its head. They also feel weak, since they are not a single piece. They need to be screwed together most of the time, which is a downside to me. Some like it for storage, i don't. I'd much rather have a solid item.

If you are paying anywhere near what you have quoted for UC items, you are really buying from horrible sites. UC have some of the cheapest prices around if you shop for them. Bladecenter, and many others often have good deals on them. You shouldn't be paying more than 150 tops for the gandalf staff from UC. And the weta one is 179 from them, and then shipping varies (mine was 11 for gandy's, so i lucked out, others it is like 130 if they are in australia, etc).

Obviously, there is a lot of variance there. But there are a lot of reasons some might prefer weta, and some might prefer UC or NC. I know for sure I want the radagast and gandalf from weta. And once I see the UC/NC pictures, i'll decide if I want one of those as well. I'd love one that lights up, just for the novelty.

Now that is a helpful post. Thanks

US$160 shipping for each staff to Australia from NZ? Seriously? I'm not sure if they'll ship it from NZ warehouse; I could be wrong otherwise there must something wrong with their system. Anyway, I'm not really keen on getting these. If they release a Radagast statue (pretty sure they will at some point) which I think will have him with his staff that's enough for me as representation. The latest Gandalf statue has him with his staff and that's enough for me already. But congrats to all who are getting these! They are pretty nice! :rock

Huge 7ft and got some weight to it box came today from Bladecenter
IMG_3231.jpg

First thing I pulled out...was quite happy remembering what I paid
IMG_3246.jpg

Back