Prop WETA Staves of Radagast and Gandalf

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's part of the package man. Unless one plans to display it leaning against the corner of a wall, it makes a difference. They had these cheapo mounts with their D9 guns too. I hated it.

I'm against the cheap mount as well.. but seriously, the staff is amazing. I'm sure with all the talented lotr's fans, we can even get someone to make some nicer staff mounts we would all like if we need to, or better, complain to weta until they fix it and offer one on the website. But to not get the staff is dumb. It's amazing, very limited, and at least in radagasts regard, is not being made by anyone else I know of.

It's worth it, trust me!

But if you are not going to buy it, at least make a fuss about it in one of the forums that weta will see so that they know why you are not buying it, and it will encourage them to fix that hopefully.

I'll live with the sub par mount though. Nothing really comes close to holding a solid staff, and slamming it against the ground and shouting gandalf lines. lol. I felt like a little kid! Amazing work as far as the staff goes at least. :)

I agree Husker. The staff really is a work of art. Definitely worth dealing with the blah mount.

Here are some pics. Not the prettiest I've ever taken, nor the prettiest backgrounds! But hopefully it gets the job done of showing how amazing this is. Great sculpt. Great paint. Beautiful work. So glad I took the plunge! Mine was 149 of 1000.

8479627242_ba8c6d5ce3_b.jpg

8479627478_c4b2c8e3b2_o.jpg

8479627452_f4a1b0610c_b.jpg

8479627514_9f67b1e1bc_b.jpg

8479627256_7876d48d2f_b.jpg

Just got mine yesterday! How do you guys recommend I display it? With the mount holding the staff off the ground, or with the staff on the ground with the mount stabilizing it? I'm leaning towards keeping the staff on the ground - constant weight pulling down can't be good.

Thanks!

Got my Radagast staff today. I'm in love! But when I saw the bracket it's safe to say my excitement was a bit tempered. There's no mincing words...Weta really dropped the ball here. In fact, the staff didn't even fit into the bracket as is it came. I was a little baffled, so went to the boards in search of a solution. Over at Wetacollectors.com the answer presented itself. Since I haven't seen it explained here yet, I'll go ahead & forward the advice as a public service. :wave

This is how the rubberized-coated metal bracket looks straight out of the box. It's plainly too narrow to fit the staff in. {photo source unknown}

Adjust it with a pair of pliers, bending the rubberized metal into a wider curve as shown. {This image courtesy of"Kit Rae" from the UC forum}

Finished; Here's the staff hanging on the wall. {this one is mine}

Bracket aside, I would highly recommend this piece.

And since we're in a Radagast mood today, I also would direct attention to this wonderful hour-long interview with Sylvester McCoy;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UGXQRKCAf1s

Cheers!

Here are some pics. Not the prettiest I've ever taken, nor the prettiest backgrounds! But hopefully it gets the job done of showing how amazing this is. Great sculpt. Great paint. Beautiful work. So glad I took the plunge! Mine was 149 of 1000.

8479627242_ba8c6d5ce3_b.jpg

8479627478_c4b2c8e3b2_o.jpg

8479627514_9f67b1e1bc_b.jpg

8479627256_7876d48d2f_b.jpg

I believe the crystal is on backwards

Mr. Pickles - Thanks! I wondered what was going on. I thought I was just being stupid. I can't believe you have to bend your own bracket on a high end collectible to get it into the right shape! They could have at least provided instructions along those lines. Sheesh. Still, as you say the staff itself far overrides any bracket issues.

Adolpho, I'm not sure but I think it's right? Once you have it in hand, I think you realize there doesn't seem to be any other way to display it. Going by Weta's official pics it seems okay to me? The curve of the crystal follows the curve of the branches. It may just be that I could wedge it down a little more which might make the angle match more exactly. But I didn't want to force it anywhere.

hobbitradagaststaffclrg2.jpg

Mr. Pickles - Thanks! I wondered what was going on. I thought I was just being stupid. I can't believe you have to bend your own bracket on a high end collectible to get it into the right shape! They could have at least provided instructions along those lines. Sheesh. Still, as you say the staff itself far overrides any bracket issues.

Adolpho, I'm not sure but I think it's right? Once you have it in hand, I think you realize there doesn't seem to be any other way to display it. Going by Weta's official pics it seems okay to me? The curve of the crystal follows the curve of the branches. It may just be that I could wedge it down a little more which might make the angle match more exactly. But I didn't want to force it anywhere.

hobbitradagaststaffclrg2.jpg

I still think it's wrong...just got mine..I'll find out and take pics

JW your crystal looks like its mounted higher than mine....mine is a little less close to even with that fork on the right...yours is quite higher...I will take more pics on thurs...these staffs are not the easiest to take pics of due to all the different angles...maybe that's why it looks different to me

Last edited:
Thanks for the pic! The crystal was facing the right general direction but it was off. I just had to turn the crystal about 25-30 degrees and it fits perfectly now! :)

Wow, this is looking more and more better with each pic, I canceled my order as I just have no room to display, I am in a bind now as it is with what I have......

Back