Statue Weta Orthanc Black Tower of Isengard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man why couldn't we have gotten something like that from SS/W - in cave troll scale, that would rock.

Re: Weta Orthanc Pre-Ruin Environment

Orthanc arrived and I must say I'm completely disapointed.
My top of Orthanc is croocked like a banana, there's no way I'm gonna keep this thing...
Not to say, that the spikes are crooked in all different directions, too.

Got 2 loose trees with missing paint, too but thats not the problem.

That makes it 3 out of 3 items i bought directly from Weta having issues and 1 out of 5 for Sideshow.
Sideshow wins.

Hello!!!
Has anybody seen the same problem in other Orthanc tower?
I´m thinking buying one, but in doubts...
Thanks!!!

4 direct orders from Weta so far, all in pefect condition. Guess you are just very unlucky Boro, sorry man.

So we can say that Boromir has been very unlucky with his Orthanc Tower... maybe he could get a replace, I hope that!!!

For my part, I have decided to go for one of that beautifull piece of art... and I hope to be lucky with it!!!

How does sideshow handle issues pertaining to broken items ? Do you send in just the broken piece, a base or example and get another, or do you have to return the whole thing? Is there a cost?

Mine arrived with a broken tree, but I was able to glue it back with no signs of damage. Hope to get Barad Dur someday.

I know I'm a little late to the discussion on this one...but I just got into the environments...and realized these were out there. I ordered Orthanc directly from Weta months ago....and last week got a notice from them that they are no longer shipping these from their U.S. Warehouses at all! Fortunately they gave me the option of getting one shipped to me from their NZ warehouse for an extra $46. It was painful....but I'm glad I ate the extra because it's really very nice looking. Can't wait for Rivendale....(which they also told me is in it's last pressing).

11896085_10155973209575188_6050502213881553289_n_zpsa0z2rft2.jpg

11907220_10155973209650188_1563366371406873411_n_zpsbjfuac3p.jpg

11889475_10155973209735188_7340986147521905610_n_zpsenub6svf.jpg

Congrats, Vonhahn!

Orthanc is a fantastic environment. One of my favorites.

Strange that they told you that Rivendell is on it's last pressing, as it's an open edition piece. Perhaps they meant for the time being, until they need the next pressing done.

Appearantly "open ended" doesn't mean forever. To be fair...it HAS been on sale for years..... This was our conversation below....

To: vonhahn
Cc: [email protected],[email protected]
Sent: 2015-08-04 23:06:18 GMT
Subject: RE: pre-order #716808

Hi
Yes, I know it’s disappointing and we would have liked to avoid it, but I hope this solution works for you.

As for your credit card – the link to pay for the extra shipping you can use any card you like for:

The card you’ve used for the actual order you can update yourself. If you log into your account on the website and go to your order history, there’s a button on the order page to update it.

When you have done both, please let me know and we will process your order and ship it to you. It’s a 2-6 day tracked and insured service.

Rivendell is also nearing its end of life but we have one more shipment arriving from the factory. Have you already placed an order? Because the price may increase for new orders… just a friendly insider tip. J

Cheers
Magnus

Magnus Hjert
Online Manager

e :: [email protected]
ph :: +64 4 909 4104
m :: +64 27 488 7488
Weta Workshop PO Box 15208 | Miramar Wellington 6243 | New Zealand
Wetalogo

Sent: Wednesday, 5 August 2015 4:46 p.m.
To: Magnus Hjert
Subject: pre-order #716808
Importance: High

Thank you for getting back to me on this product. Of course I’m very disappointed as I didn’t know your environments existed until recently. I would still like to move forward with purchasing this item from you, and will pay the additional shipping charge.

Would insurance be included in the cost of shipping?

Also, the credit card I used when I first ordered has changed. Can I update that in my account on your website and not have it cancel my order?

Also, do you think you will be running out of Rivendale any time soon? I would like to order that later this year J

Thank you so much.

Sincerely

Even an open edition will ultimately end. Interesting though, my box has #/600 listed on the Brown shipper. Makes me wonder if that's how many were done or if they've made more. Now I know why my BD box had #/750, was confused for a long time until we found out that the last 250 are now being done.

This however is a great piece, nice pick-up.

Good to know about Riverdale, been dragging my feet on that one so I should order it sooner than later.

Wow, it dried up fast. Looks like I may have waited too long to pick this up for a decent price. Passed on it last year when they had the sale for Black Friday thinking I could get it cheaper. Just never got high enough on my want list thinking they would keep selling it.

I maybe waited to long, it's bad that those come to a end at same time that Minas tirith is release. I have 400$ of weta dollar that I was keeping for Minas tirith, but with the one last call of Rivendell , maybe I'll switch, my only concern it's the poor green paint job on recent batch. What would you choose guys? Rivendell or Minas tirith?

Back