Statue Weta Orthanc Black Tower of Isengard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Weta Orthanc Pre-Ruin Environment

Okay I used a water lever for taking the pic now. :D
I think this one shows it better to get an idea of what I'm talking.
You may say I'm a bit picky with that, but it was the first thing I realized when I took Orthanc out of the box so..

img3212dn.jpg

Last edited:

I think a little picky with a 'lean', but I can understand about the spikes.
Just get in touch with them and get a replacement you will be happy with, the peeps at weta are great and will definately help.
I hope it all works out for you Boromir.
x :wave

Yeah I sent a mail to them. I'm still not 100% sure if the top is really croocked or if it's just the spikes. Anyone got an idea on how I can fix them without damaging. They seem to be made of the same material as the weapons in Sideshows Maquette line.

Well, to bring back the fun, here's a pic of my display.
I will replace the last alliance helms with the new Uruk-Hais and bad boys over time.

img3214jz.jpg

Last edited:

Well, to bring back the fun, here's a pic of my display.
I will replace the last alliance helms with the new Uruk-Hais and bay boys over time.

Very nice picture :clap :clap

That looks like a perfect set up to me :rock
x :duff

Very nice display. Shell said exactly what I would say that if it's an issue get it fixed.

Wow Boromir, you're the first person i've seen that has something wrong with this piece, so i don't think this is a normal occurence.

It's definately the spikes, you can see how they're bending. How strange. I would definately just get a replacement, this looks to be a very random one-off.

Just received my shipping confirmation. But when I look in my tracking site, I see two tracking numbers instead of one
thinking.gif

Mine arrived yesterday -LOVE it! Think this is my favorite so far.

I see several ruined Orthancs have shown up on Ebay. You used to NEVER see those.

I still won't cash my ruined Orthanc for one of these. Mary MacLachlan's magic is hard to beat.

I wouldn't either but I would get this to go with it.

So I asked for a replacement, but the only options I got offered are 50 bucks off or a replacement tower (open edition), because all limited editions are sold out now. Then I asked for only replacing the tower and keep the base as it only has minor issues -> not possible, once again completely fail.

Seems to be there common policy. I had a Bag End CE and there was green color flodding down the house on the way etc. It was completely screwed up.
Got offered 50 bucks or return, but not to replace, just to get a refund because "it could happen with the replacement too, as they are hand painted".
Blablabla what is so difficult about inspecting a replacement piece before shipping?

I'm done with Weta, too bad I have 100 weta $ left. Will cancel my remaining orders for 5 Uruk-Hai General Helms as well. So congrats to whom's waitlist converts.
At least no tough decission ater all what happened, the change of material allready screwed it up (not wanting to start a new discussion, just my opionion).

Last edited:

Sorry to hear that it couldn't be sorted to your satisfaction Boromir.
x :peace

Yeah I'm really pissed right now.
Saying that they do not have any spare tower to send as a replacement is simply ridiculous.
Their policy is simple: Offering 50 bucks off is approximately how much shipping the tower back and sending a new one would cost.
So offering the discount (in Weta dollars, so they get them back anyways) saved them time, a tower and money.
It's not even a limited edition, so how can Sideshow allways send replacements without any problems, I mean Weta is not new in this bussines..

I think they took a bath on the whole Smaug base issue and have since changed there replacement policy, if its not clearly broken you can only return or take the discount. Kind of sad really, it turns collecting into a frustrating hobby.

Lol yes it's sad, it basicly means I'll have to break my next statue on purpose and pretend it arrived in this condition to get a replacement.

Back