Weta Originals:The Rayguns

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, also looks great !

Nobody else collects these ? Not much interest at all on the board when you do a search ...

Has anybody ordered this baby ?:

Blunderbusses_together_750px.jpg

Number 33 will be mine !!!

And they will be shipped before the end of the year.
This is the most amazing piece next to the Cinemaquette Predator I have ever seen. I love it !!

This is the most amazing piece next to the Cinemaquette Predator I have ever seen. I love it !!

Having registered my interest I recieved the email from Weta about this today and I'm soooooo tempted, but ALOT of cash :horror

wtf? I havent received anything... how much?

how do you know you'll get 33?

wtf? I havent received anything... how much?

how do you know you'll get 33?

You have to subscribe for the e-mail on their website, then you got the chance to buy one. I guess they will be available for some time.

The price is really, really high !

You can choose your own edition number.

Pricing varies according to the edition numbers you choose

Edition number 1 US$7,900
Edition numbers 2-9 US$5,900
Edition numbers 10-50 US$4,500

I immediately sent a mail and would've liked n° 7, but I ain't gonna pay an extra grand for just some number, so I choose n° 33 which is the third best after 1 and 7 imo.

They are all handmade in WETA workshop New Zealand, so no Chinese factory ...
Your name will be engraved on the gun together with te edition number, limited to 50.

wow. ..... mmm yeeeeeahhhh... no way can I pay for even the cheapest one

im a little peaved, I guess you ahve to sign up for each and every raygun your interested in?
Ive signed up with them 3 times and still dont get all the raygun emails .... wtf?

thanks for the info though Vince ....

wow. ..... mmm yeeeeeahhhh... no way can I pay for even the cheapest one

im a little peaved, I guess you ahve to sign up for each and every raygun your interested in?
Ive signed up with them 3 times and still dont get all the raygun emails .... wtf?

thanks for the info though Vince ....

No, you get the info on regular guns with the normal newsletter.

For this one you had to sign up on a special list, because they weren't sure they would produce it.

Now they will, 50 pieces, I would like to know how many people allready ordered one ...

I've always loved the concept of these Weird Weta Rayguns but the Price they are at is inconceivable, do the good People at Weta realize the prices of these pieces means they are less likely too sell??? :confused:

one of the other things that holds me back is I cant imagine finding a buyer and getting my cost back if I ever needed to sell .....

one of the other things that holds me back is I cant imagine finding a buyer and getting my cost back if I ever needed to sell .....

Too true
I actually did see a Mini Raygun (The Manmelter) on a secondary market the other day for $50 which I thought was a good price considering there were only 500 made it ended up selling for $100

Vince,

couldn't agree more, I've ordered No 50!!!. Custom built at Weta to order, I couldn't be more excited.

Hi there

Thanks for your interest in Dr Grordbort's Rayguns. I'd like to answer a few of the questions above.

The new Ray-Blunderbuss "UNNATURAL SELECTOR" is now available for orders. First option is being given to those people who have registered interest https://www.wetanz.com/holics/index.php?itemid=741&catid=4

You can also keep up with all Weta announcements by signing up for our newsletters at https://www.wetanz.com/holics/mailing_lists.php

Why are our Rayguns priced at the level they are ? Well, please keep in mind the following :

Our Rayguns are works of art crafted by the same artists who work on our original movie art. These are the same Academy Award winning artists who work for Movie Directors such as Peter Jackson, James Cameron and Steven Spielberg.

Our Rayguns are made from cast metal. Once you hold one, feel the weight and the solid authenticity, I think you'll understand. No polystone here.

Our Rayguns are made by hand during design and manufacture.

Our Edition Sizes are low. The "UNNATURAL SELECTOR" is limited to 50 worldwide and is personally customised.

Dr Grordbort's Rayguns are scientifically proven to increase your manhood ! Just ask Leila Phantom ...

Leila_Blunderbus_420.jpg

hey thanks for dropping in with the info.

Ive subscribed to the email list on several occasions. When I tried to order the dingus directory, I had to email tech support cause once I subscribed it still wouldnt become available to order (that or the prints) for me. Finally a tech support phsyically enabled them for me. and with lightening fast service I will say.
I really dont know why I have so much trouble with the WETA mailing list.

I do have the other 3 Rayguns and theyre top notch.
Wish I could afford 1 of the 50, but it just aint happening ...

LOVE the line though, please keep them going .... :rock

PS:: we NEED polystone sculpts of the Broadmore characters / moonsters that go along with the art with these guys .. ....pretty please????

Back