Weta Gil-Galad Statue 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WtchKng

Freakalicious
CF Supporter
Reaction score
What are your thoughts? I like it. But $699 for a 1:6 is what turns me off.
1687559275435.png

Last edited:
The stated dollar price just gets the $ switched to a £ for UK collectors, putting this at $880 for me…

That sounds terrible- but I ordered it anyway! Got him on a layaway plan so hopefully he won’t come out for a year and I can pay nice and slowly. I recently received the new Elindil which is a damn fine piece. Isildur and Elindil are my favourite Weta pieces so I had to get Gil Galad to match. Wish I’d picked up the Elven Warrior back in the day when I had the opportunity.

My Prologue display shelf headroom is only 50cm so looks like I’ll have to relocate the whole thing to accommodate that damn, beautiful staff.
Apparently his shield is undersized, according to grumblings on facebook. It does look a little small but I also always found them to be designed a little too large in the movie anyway so it’s not actually something that bothers me, even at this absurd price point.

The stated dollar price just gets the $ switched to a £ for UK collectors, putting this at $880 for me…

That sounds terrible- but I ordered it anyway! Got him on a layaway plan so hopefully he won’t come out for a year and I can pay nice and slowly. I recently received the new Elindil which is a damn fine piece. Isildur and Elindil are my favourite Weta pieces so I had to get Gil Galad to match. Wish I’d picked up the Elven Warrior back in the day when I had the opportunity.

My Prologue display shelf headroom is only 50cm so looks like I’ll have to relocate the whole thing to accommodate that damn, beautiful staff.
Apparently his shield is undersized, according to grumblings on facebook. It does look a little small but I also always found them to be designed a little too large in the movie anyway so it’s not actually something that bothers me, even at this absurd price point.
Congrats on pre ordering it. Really can't fault anyone who does. Paying it off nice and slowly like you said. :) Does ease the pain. As far as the size of the shield. On Facebook Weta has made a point to say that the size is accurate to the real life costume. I have Elendil too. Great statue. As you know Darkside has the Elven Warrior. Unfortunately not in 1:6.

True, the staff is beautiful. You will find a place. I have Weta's Thranduil On The Throne coming next week. Talk about finding space! The spot i have picked it is tight. Will know for sure next week. $699 too much for Gil-Galad? When i'm getting Thranduil? :) Detail, and especially size, IMHO is my answer to that. Plus it's a must have to me. Again, congrats!

It’s a fantastic looking piece, it really is but too rich for me at that price unfortunately, plus I just don’t have the display space.

Guess I’ll just have to stick with my old SSW bust of him :lol

It’s a fantastic looking piece, it really is but too rich for me at that price unfortunately, plus I just don’t have the display space.

Guess I’ll just have to stick with my old SSW bust of him :lol
Asmus has a figure on the way and their prologue stuff has been decent enough so far so that’ll be a far more affordable way to get this character in your display.

Price in the U.K. just increased to £775 which translates to $987.32 USD…

If I’d have waited for that price jump, it would definitely be a no thank you.

Seems they managed to set a decent ES of 737 for this even with the sky high price.
That’s 350 less than Elendil so I guess not everyone was suckered into completing the Last Alliance leaders display.
I wonder, if Weta had simply matched the price of Elendil, they may have actually sold more copies and made more money…

Yep its nice but a very VERY easy pass at that price point. Elendil turned out to be perhaps their best 1:6 statue ever and that was pushing it at $150 less.

Their Sauron will forever be remembered as flipped pauldrons that they refused to fix even when it super easy with them being a separate magnetized pair of parts. Weta lost many customers permanently over how they handled that me included.

Their Sauron will forever be remembered as flipped pauldrons that they refused to fix even when it super easy with them being a separate magnetized pair of parts. Weta lost many customers permanently over how they handled that me included.
What?! :slap
:lol

I PO'd that originally but eventually canceled because I just had a feeling...

Yep its nice but a very VERY easy pass at that price point. Elendil turned out to be perhaps their best 1:6 statue ever and that was pushing it at $150 less.

No they didn’t

Sure did. Never buying from them again and I'm not the only one. Edition sizes since quite telling though I bet that's more due to inflation etc but I know they made less money on the companion pieces Elendil and now Gil-Galad despite the last one being priced like a quarter scale figure.

Sure did. Never buying from them again and I'm not the only one. Edition sizes since quite telling though I bet that's more due to inflation etc but I know they made less money on the companion pieces Elendil and now Gil-Galad despite the last one being priced like a quarter scale figure.

Oh well, sucks for you. Meanwhile Weta continue going on bringing out amazing and popular statues. Look at the amazing things revealed this week, and the excitement collectors have shown for them.

I like the new little treebeard, but not enough. Obviously if it "sucked" for me I wouldn't stop buying their product, but when they on a $1000 statue make a mistake that is easy to fix, hell it wouldn't even have to be a free fix , but they chose to stiff over 1400 people ordering Sauron that speaks volumes of them as a company and as they do not sell cheap items buying from them is higher risk then I'll take, plus I don't like being scammed.

I might one day track down Elendil on the secondhand market, but giving Weta my money direct is over and out. And $699 for Gil-Galad made me laugh when I saw the reveal. It's nice but no where near $700 nice. Didnt give any of the wow effect both Sauron and Elendil did either. Windtunnel much.

Weta isn’t trying to scam you. The pauldrons was a genuine mistake that nobody noticed when it was revealed, or when it went up for order, and when someone did eventually point it out, most people didn’t care. Since all the statues had already been ordered, it would be a massive task for Weta to replace the pauldrons for every statue. The product was shown and people bought what was put on offer, sold as seen. The owners certainly aren’t bombarding Weta demanding their money back, they still see it as a fantastic statue.

For what it's worth (even though I cancelled) it is a great looking piece. It's unfortunate the pauldrons were done incorrectly, and could have been corrected to make Sauron as "perfect" as could be. Could have, should have been done all on Weta's dime.

No idea when another Sauron will be made to compare so it is what it is...

I passed on the latest Sauron due to the pose.
He’s the centrepiece of my 1/6 LOTR collection and, despite all the inferiorities of the Sideshow/Weta piece, that pose just wins every time.

Back