Weta Daily Planet (pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SolidLiquidFox said:
Most people don't see themselves buying all 4 right now but I think later down the line they might...

...specially with part 2 and 3 in the works.

I really don't see people being completists on these. Returning Son and Fallen Hero are so incredibly huge and show an unconscious Superman. I can't imagine there being any demand for them at all.

SolidLiquidFox said:
Returning Son, limited to 500 pieces, will be the one people will track down later on as they try to get the complete set of 4.

Most people don't see themselves buying all 4 right now but I think later down the line they might...

Returning Son is a very nice piece IMO, anyone have "in hand" pics of it?

Darklord Dave said:
I really don't see people being completists on these. Returning Son and Fallen Hero are so incredibly huge and show an unconscious Superman. I can't imagine there being any demand for them at all.

Actually, I've seen a surprising amount of people have gone 'all in'- I think because there are only four pieces, they figure "eh, what the hell".

I'm really glad in a way that two of them are quarter scale, which I'm simply not interested in. The Lex would've been a must have for me in 1/6. Disaster averted indeed!

pjam said:
Thanks SLF, it is an interesting piece... Martha detail and expression is there.

They obviously were going for some type of Michaelangelo pose and it comes out very well. The detail on Ma Kent is impressive. The expression on Kal-el comes up a bit short.

SolidLiquidFox said:
They obviously were going for some type of Michaelangelo pose and it comes out very well. The detail on Ma Kent is impressive. The expression on Kal-el comes up a bit short.

I agree, I had seen some very early finished proto piece shots and Kal-el 's suit looked far more detailed, i.e. "finished"...

but here in the prod piece it seems his suit and pose seems more "rubbery" and less detailed but yeah Ma Kent is superb looking...

carbo-fation said:
Man...I have no willpower whatsoever. I caved in and bought the disaster averted piece from Adam at DSC.

That's a really nice piece c-f! Congrats! :D

carbo-fation said:
Man...I have no willpower whatsoever. I caved in and bought the disaster averted piece from Adam at DSC.

....Ash, just don't forget to save up in the side for SDCC next year :eek:

Back