Weta Daily Planet (pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gabberjawa

Baggins, James Baggins
Reaction score
srdp1fn1.jpg

srdp3cu2.jpg

srdp2mg0.jpg

Looks very good. Although I do not have money at this time, I might interest with this if the prices will drop (which I presume will not be the case for this statue as it is the most loved one of this line)

Congrats and thanks for the pics

eBAY has a couple that I saw that were $249.99 buy it now. Don't know how reliable it was, but I saw it last night. I SOOOOOOO wish I could get this. I LOVE superman, and this is the best out of the weta ones. :( :( :(

I almost bought this a minute ago. Dark Shadow was having a free shipping on orders over $100 sale and the Daily Planet was listed as in stock. But I tried to add it to my cart and it said that it was not available. Couldn't afford it anyway, but it was so much larger and impressive when I saw it in person that I would like to have one some day.

tomandshell said:
I almost bought this a minute ago. Dark Shadow was having a free shipping on orders over $100 sale and the Daily Planet was listed as in stock. But I tried to add it to my cart and it said that it was not available. Couldn't afford it anyway, but it was so much larger and impressive when I saw it in person that I would like to have one some day.

I considered picking it up also from him. I did some research on prices as well after seeing these pics.

I was strong enough to resist ordering...for now.

Check out Cap's pics here:

https://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=33879&page=1&pp=10

Last edited:
these statues are HUGE!!!! Pretty good price for such a big statue. I will just wait it out. Hope the price will go down like the Narnia or Kong statues.

I don't know why the weta pieces are depreciating in value? They are so much superior in quality than most other companies. Hopefully, Adam will have them at a better price down the road.

carbo-fation said:
I don't know why the weta pieces are depreciating in value? They are so much superior in quality than most other companies. Hopefully, Adam will have them at a better price down the road.

you got me there. I, myself, am wondering why. These are highly detailed and BIG. I'm not complaining since I can then afford them.

unless I misunderstand your post (above) you answered your own question. If [enough] people aren't willing to buy products at their MSRP then certainly the price will go down/they'll depreciate in value.

I don't think I'll ever buy one of those. I'm not really captured by it all. I saw the movie about 2 days ago, and even if I kind of liked it (Routh did a fantastic job!!), the best thing about it was that it's dedicated to Christopher and Dana Reeve.

We just sold the last Daily Planet earlier today and are down to the last piece on just every other one. With the ES being very low on these pieces and the retailers getting quite allocated on this stuff, I do not see it being like the Narnia and Kong pieces. I think these will sell quick and disappear for a while.

Returning Son, limited to 500 pieces, will be the one people will track down later on as they try to get the complete set of 4.

Most people don't see themselves buying all 4 right now but I think later down the line they might...

Back