Statue Weta - Azog the Defiler on Warg

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And why did i not know that? Hmm

You can see the faces really well on the life-size statue WETA had at SDCC. In a wired way that was part of the reason I had to add Azog to my collection of bad guys from middle earth. I really liked him in the movie but him wearing the faces of his victims as his kilt just made him that much more evil and fun to look at. Can't wait to see this one in person.
nujehy5a.jpg

Sorry for the crappy pic. But for those that haven't seen. Just google it and you can see what I'm talking about.

Picked mine up today and you definitely don't appreciate the size from the pictures until you have it in hand. But unfortunately my experience was spoiled since I'm missing the claw hand and there's a fairly large blotch of white paint on the right paw. Also noticed the right forearm with the mace is not the same color and style as the rest of the flesh. :(

Yeah, it sucks when you're looking forward to something and it arrives with issues. But I'm going to assume Weta will take care of it. The biggest problem is the missing claw hand.

The claw hand is easy to replace. If you are missing the wolf, then that's a big problem.

My first from Weta and it's screaming grail ... heavy as hell and super dynamic pose ... the metal frame keeps it center balanced despite the obvious leaning of the warg (feels like it will tip over but it doesn't) !!! Beautiful !!

Img_0216a_zpsd33206fc.jpg

Img_0212a_zpsee25a999.jpg

Back