Statue Weta - Azog the Defiler on Warg

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I missed it multiple times myself. Before my 3rd or 4th viewing I saw a video that showed the digital making of Azog and caught this bit of info. Needless to say when I saw it the next time I looked for it and sure enough you can see it.

do you have the link for this video ?

awesome video and love the latest pics of the statue. manu bennet is my favorite actor from spartacus and i'm glad to see he's nailing azog.

AWESOME video...very cool to see how far technology has come...he looks SO REAL!!

Just curious, those that don't like the Sideshow statues because the bases aren't plain and distract from the actual statue, will you be ordering this?

I swore that I would only collect 1:4 stuff but I can't stop looking at this. Please hurry up and sell out before I succumb and change my mind. :panic: :lol

Just curious, those that don't like the Sideshow statues because the bases aren't plain and distract from the actual statue, will you be ordering this?

I swore that I would only collect 1:4 stuff but I can't stop looking at this. Please hurry up and sell out before I succumb and change my mind. :panic: :lol

If you don't succumb you might feel like scum.

Actually no, i'm not ;)

Actual detail on the base suits some statues more than others. For larger statues like the rider series, a bit of a base adds to it - like on the Legolas and Gimli on Arod statue that i have. It gives something to the statue.

On individual stand-alone character statues, i do prefer a black base as it looks more elegant and does allow for the focus to be solely on the character.

Just my personal taste.

Hope that helps :wave

It won't make it any longer than that. It's selling super quick.

It does. It takes a super special piece to get that title from me. This might be the first one in The Hobbit line.

Tim from Weta reported this has hit low stock.

Ok, ok; I signed up this morning. :exactly:

Was trying to decide between all the 1/6 dwarves/Gandalf/Bilbo OR Azog + the 6 (Thorin, Balin, Dwalin, Gandalf, Bilbo and Bombur) I already got, but it's probably better to just go for all of them instead, to avoid confusion and too much thought :lecture

Ok, ok; I signed up this morning. :exactly:

Was trying to decide between all the 1/6 dwarves/Gandalf/Bilbo OR Azog + the 6 (Thorin, Balin, Dwalin, Gandalf, Bilbo and Bombur) I already got, but it's probably better to just go for all of them instead, to avoid confusion and too much thought :lecture

Go for all of them if you can afford it.

listed as low stock on weta's website. order now or forever regret it!!! this will be the jewel of the hobbit collection.

This could leave a lot of people kicking themselves later.

Actually no, i'm not ;)...

You don't count, don't you have the Aragorn Maquette? I know you prefer the plain bases but that hasn't stopped you in the past from picking up other items you like with sculpted bases. I'm just curious about the die hard plain base people if this makes a difference or not.

...This could leave a lot of people kicking themselves later.

See my problem is that although this is a great looking statue, I think I'm being drawn to the edition size knowing that it may be desirable in the future. I can guarantee you that even though I may like this a lot, if I saw that it was selling for double the price on eBay, I would probably not hesitate to let it go.

Back