Statue Weta - Azog the Defiler on Warg

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...when I first saw it I was like hey. but after reading the description of his piece and where he got the photo it doesnt bother me really...He was told it was ok...I'm not gonna fret about it. thanks for the heads up

Exactly, there was nothing deceptive going on. I would be flattered if someone thought my pics could help sell something.:lol

Dude you just make freakin sure those screws holding up the brackets are into the wood or metal studs and not just in the sheetrock/plaster..that's 60 plus pounds you got up there full time...I dont like it..hm hm...good luck...here's another scenario...all 4 of those statues will break if this goes bad...I'm talking $3500 worth or more?...just something to think about...

I know thinking about it has been making me nervous. All six screws are sunk into the wood studs and I put six more in L brackets on top sunk into the studs as well to keep it from flipping over. I'm probably still going to change it soon though. They wouldn't stand an ice cubs chance in hell even a mid sized earthquake. The thought of Azog and the Berserker falling down like a water fall on to Sauron the DROM and soon Morgul Lord is pretty horrible to think about.:acme Unfortunately the though of that water fall has been playing in my head since Sunday when I put it up. I just need to figure out a better way to display them together or secure the statues themselves to the walls with wire or something. :dunno I'm open to ideas if anyone has some.

I know thinking about it has been making me nervous. All six screws are sunk into the wood studs and I put six more in L brackets on top sunk into the studs as well to keep it from flipping over. I'm probably still going to change it soon though. They wouldn't stand an ice cubs chance in hell even a mid sized earthquake. The thought of Azog and the Berserker falling down like a water fall on to Sauron the DROM and soon Morgul Lord is pretty horrible to think about.:acme Unfortunately the though of that water fall has been playing in my head since Sunday when I put it up. I just need to figure out a better way to display them together or secure the statues themselves to the walls with wire or something. :dunno I'm open to ideas if anyone has some.

If the wood studs have the support then good...but an earthquake can definitely ruin things...If you believe the brackets as well as the shelf are secure enough I would add a front edge or lip on to the shelf to prevent the statues from sliding or bouncing off the shelf in case of a small earthquake of a 6.0 or less...anything crazy like 7.0 or above comes up who gives a crap about the shelf...worry about the whole house as well as life itself...Most all of my shelving has a front edge lip to em to prevent sliding off.

If the wood studs have the support then good...but an earthquake can definitely ruin things...If you believe the brackets as well as the shelf are secure enough I would add a front edge or lip on to the shelf to prevent the statues from sliding or bouncing off the shelf in case of a small earthquake of a 6.0 or less...anything crazy like 7.0 or above comes up who gives a crap about the shelf...worry about the whole house as well as life itself...Most all of my shelving has a front edge lip to em to prevent sliding off.

That’s a really good idea Adolfo my Dad mentioned that the other day too. I'm going to try and add an edge this weekend.
Your right if we have an earthquake 6.0- 7.0 and up I'll have bigger things to worry about other then my collection. I called my insurance a few weeks back and I am covered in the case of an earthquake though it would still royally suck. For some reason though I doubt I'm covered if I'm just a dumb *** and don’t hang my shelves properly and they fall down.:duh So I think I'll get bigger stronger brackets just to be extra safe.

Word of advice to anyone getting this thing, or that hasn't unboxed him yet. Put him where your going to keep him… :lol Seriously, adjusting the positioning of this thing is a pain in the butt… so heavy and awkward. I hope i finally have him in a permanent spot.

Word of advice to anyone getting this thing, or that hasn't unboxed him yet. Put him where your going to keep him… :lol Seriously, adjusting the positioning of this thing is a pain in the butt… so heavy and awkward. I hope i finally have him in a permanent spot.
Damn,
received it today and only wanted to make a quick check and repack it in the box.

Those guys are killing it because I would asume they were already making money on it at $699. I wonder how long BBTS well be able to keep getting them?

Those guys are killing it because I would asume they were already making money on it at $699. I wonder how long BBTS well be able to keep getting them?

My guess is it is the same few they had originally and someone buys it and then cancels it. No reason for them not to just put all the stock they have up at once. Though it is possible that weta is sending them out in chunks. The rep at weta I spoke to did say he wouldn't be done processing orders so that he couldl et me know if one is availabke for my wait list until apri.

That was me. I had to sell all my non Middle Earth collectibles to be able to afford him, but I know he will be worth every penny.

I've been wondering if I have enough to sell to cover $1000. I have enough to sell for $800 for sure.

My guess is it is the same few they had originally and someone buys it and then cancels it. No reason for them not to just put all the stock they have up at once. Though it is possible that weta is sending them out in chunks. The rep at weta I spoke to did say he wouldn't be done processing orders so that he couldl et me know if one is availabke for my wait list until apri.

the one i got was because of a card cancellation. they didn't have any extras.

i'm on the weta waitlist, but considering it (should) go out as an email to everyone on it, i wasn't willing to take the chance and miss out.

the one i got was because of a card cancellation. they didn't have any extras.

i'm on the weta waitlist, but considering it (should) go out as an email to everyone on it, i wasn't willing to take the chance and miss out.

Is that how weta's wait list works? An email goes out to everyone on the list that one (or however many) are available and then whoever responds first gets it?

So... if I sell my 1/6 Midas, one of my masterpiece voltrons, my sdcc galactus bust, my custom MP skywarp transformer, and my 3rd party insecticons, I think all of that will just about cover buying azog for $1000... but I'll never move all that stuff before it goes out of stock at bbts again... I COULD just take the money out of savings for it and repay it when I sell the stuff... but that's a game I try not to play. But damn, every time it comes back in stock at bbts it taunts me. TAUNTS ME!

If it were me I'd pull the trigger. I don't think it's going to get any cheaper. I bought mine because I wanted Azog. But after having it I love the the warg more then Azog! I don't see how you could top these two.
y4u6u2uj.jpg

Is that how weta's wait list works? An email goes out to everyone on the list that one (or however many) are available and then whoever responds first gets it?

So... if I sell my 1/6 Midas, one of my masterpiece voltrons, my sdcc galactus bust, my custom MP skywarp transformer, and my 3rd party insecticons, I think all of that will just about cover buying azog for $1000... but I'll never move all that stuff before it goes out of stock at bbts again... I COULD just take the money out of savings for it and repay it when I sell the stuff... but that's a game I try not to play. But damn, every time it comes back in stock at bbts it taunts me. TAUNTS ME!

If you can swing it I'd say do it now before you regret it as long it's because you really want it and not just over all the hype surrounding it. If you do get it, make sure you follow through on selling those items that you mentioned though.

:duff

that is what I was told when I first got on the waitlist. Maybe they have changed their mind, but I doubt it.

if you can get it now, do it. Don't hesitate. I guarantee you will regret it. I've been regretting not getting the cave troll statue for years.

This one will become rarer and rarer to get...The next film will make these $1500 plus I bet

Back