Statue Weta - Azog the Defiler on Warg

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one will become rarer and rarer to get...The next film will make these $1500 plus I bet

Very True & with the release of Almighty Smaug the magnificent, the price will rise more as these will be a killer display together

If this guy in the next film comes charging into the Battle of the Five Armies with that Warg(pretty sure he does) This will be more of a wanted piece than it is today...and that is saying alot!...I bet for some of the present owners of this piece it's their grail right now. Not many will ever let these go...This is twice as rare as the Balrog....50% more Cave Trolls out there too...This one has a perfect ES...Get the Snow Troll as somewhat of a substitute for the Original CT...It's still the biggest Middle-Earth bargain out there and also has a very low ES of 500...God forbid PJ puts one in there in the BOTFA...instant grail it will become too

If you can swing it I'd say do it now before you regret it as long it's because you really want it and not just over all the hype surrounding it. If you do get it, make sure you follow through on selling those items that you mentioned though.

:duff

I definitely want it... I wasn't so sure about weta stuff in general, but it was seeing desolatio of smaug that really sealed it for me wanting this. My LOTR collection is small but has been a focus for me lately.

The only reason I didn't order it when it first went up was that I wasn't collecting statues at all. Only started getting statues about 6 months ago but have been shying away from 1/6 and other figures more and more since I started collecting these bigger beauties. I definitely won't be making the same mistake with Smaug!

I don't think so, but of course they will make one. Everyone is just waiting for Sdcc to see it I believe.

I haven't received the claw hand from Weta yet so Azog is making due until it arrives. :horror

Attachments

• azog-01.jpg
    azog-01.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 221
Thanks Josh.
There on top!!
Shall I put the witchking on the left on top instead of the smeagel?
It's now on the bottom on the right.

aoswlz.jpg

127/500 arrived today and it's one of the most stunning pieces I've opened for a long time.
6qxu6ldx.jpg

uo5jgn8b.jpg

5d6zsmky.jpg

The only thing I recognized is that there is a small gap (around 3mm) beneath his paws. Is this intended?
mev4r7y9.jpg

kqx799rp.jpg

Congrats! I think you'll be happy that you snagged Azog sooner rather than later.

Thanks. I'm pretty happy. My concession for spending the money is two-fold. 1, I'm not going to ship it from bbts until I sell the stuff to replace the money in savings and 2, I'm going to cancel a bunch of stuff I had on preorder, mostly transformers and some 1/6. Have to sacrifice less important stuff when making big purchases, and I'd rather have this beast on his beast than lots of other stuff. Hopefully I can unload what I'm selling soon and get this guy shipped in a month or so :)

I'm really enjoying collecting LOTR stuff. So far I just have Sauron PF and just bought the Dark Rider PF for $400. Wasn't sure I was going to like it, but it has suh great presence. Also have the Asmus Witch King, which despite being totally out of scale looks awesome next to Sauron. I think he will go well with this statue too, though I may upgrade to the Morgul Lord PF one day. Shame I got into LOTR PFs so late in the game.

Back