Statue Weta - Azog the Defiler on Warg

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right?!
I would say a $500 dollar mark up is pretty good for a statue that was just released last month! Like Cartman said I wouldn't sell mine for $1200. It will be interesting to see where it's at in a few years from now. I'm just glad I got mine when I did otherwise I'd be SOL.

Well, either the deal fell through or the same seller has another one for sale.:dunno It's at $811 with 20 bids and ends tomorrow night.

Ugh... Can buy this for $1050 right now, but I can't bring myself to spend that kinda money. I have enough stuff to sell to cover the retail price, not that mark up.

Weta told me yesterday they won't know if my waitlist will convert until next month. I feel like I should jump on $1050 though, cause i can always easily make my money back on it if I need to and my waitlist converts.... Damn this statue!

Well the one for $1050 went away. Oh well, kinda glad it went quickly... i was getting tempted to spring for it.

Bbts is where they had one for $1050 (I was including shipping). They had the one and then it sold out, but it's still listed as preorder sold out, so maybe they still haven't fulfilled all the preorders... Or that's just a mistake.

I'm hoping the waitlist will convert, but am also stalking wbshop, since they seem to get all the weta stuff.

Finally got mine today, and let me just say, he's a BEAST! Have one issue with a spot on the foot where the paint chipped off leaving a divot behind, but i'm just going to fill it and paint.

ydusybeh.jpg

Last edited:
Good offer on Azog for someone in Australia who may want to sell. Im keen on picking this up so if anyone is interested sent us a PM...

Finally got mine today, and let me just say, he's a BEAST! Have one issue with a spot on the foot where the paint chipped off leaving a divot behind, but i'm just going to fill it and paint.

ydusybeh.jpg

Congrats! That's a sweet collection you got there! I really like the way the busts look with the PF's!
I have the Predator 2 maquette on flex because there's no way I can afford the one you have.:)
Glad BBTS came through for you.

Well, either the deal fell through or the same seller has another one for sale.:dunno It's at $811 with 20 bids and ends tomorrow night.

I just noticed it sold for $1200 again. So I guess that's market value? Not that I'm selling mine but I'm feeling pretty good about paying $699 for it.:)

Ugh... Bbts has ore for $999. I so want this, and know that it is good price compared to ebay, but I just. Can't. Drop. That. Cash.

I have a bday party on sunday. If I get a boatload of unexpected cash and it is still available... Maybe.

Great looking statue. If I still collected LOTR, this one would of been an easy for me.

Congrats to those who own it. I can see it easily going for 1,500$ soon with the low edition size it has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just noticed it sold for $1200 again. So I guess that's market value? Not that I'm selling mine but I'm feeling pretty good about paying $699 for it.:)

The guy must be a dealer (looking at his feedback) because he has his third one for sale now.

Ugh... Bbts has ore for $999. I so want this, and know that it is good price compared to ebay, but I just. Can't. Drop. That. Cash.

I have a bday party on sunday. If I get a boatload of unexpected cash and it is still available... Maybe.

Good Luck, hope it works out.:duff

Didn't want to collect any hobbit stuff, mainly Azog because I think he looks fake in the new films, but damn he's not in polystone. So happy that I pulled the trigger on that one.

Last edited:
I'm feeling a little more encouraged that I will get one for closer to retail if Weta wait list doesn't come through. There is still one available from from bbts for $1000, the last one on ebay for $910. The ones on ebay for $1200 and up don't seem to be moving right now.

I'm sure eventually the price will level out at around $1200, but looks like the initial craze at $1500 was the normal immediate sold out hysteria, now comes the drop closer and closer to retail as people who wanted to get $1200-1500 want to get rid of them quickly, then it will go back up after those disappear. So it seems. Holding out...

Last one sold for only $910 :panic: :lol

Yeah, I saw that. The poor seller:monkey2 had to practically give it away.:lol

I don't think we'll see any more super-crazy e-bay prices while Azog is still in stock at places like BBTS (even though they're selling it for a grand). After that they'll probably creep up a little again.

Yeah, I saw that. The poor seller:monkey2 had to practically give it away.:lol

I don't think we'll see any more super-crazy e-bay prices while Azog is still in stock at places like BBTS (even though they're selling it for a grand). After that they'll probably creep up a little again.
Yeah that was me who won the auction, I'm through the roof.
I told the seller I'd give him more because of his trouble sending to Australia and his help before. Can't wait:yess:

Back