Weta Argonath Enviro up for pre order

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:blissy Wow, the Argonath is way cool! I got #218 and am happy with everything about this piece:D The display box is nice too. The color of this Argonath is much lighter that the DVD set one.

:goodpost: geez this one looks great, i kinda wish i would've stuck to the enviroment line up, there was some great pieces in that series.

:blissy Wow, the Argonath is way cool! I got #218 and am happy with everything about this piece:D The display box is nice too. The color of this Argonath is much lighter that the DVD set one.

:goodpost:

AWESOME to hear! Glad it's painted lighter...more screen accurate! I should have mine in-hand sometime this week!!! :clap

The paint job is really good, with variation in rocks rather than uniform gray. I guess weta learned their lesson with helms deep. A little pricier than I would have liked but the low ES is great. One of my favorite scenes in the film.

I got mine today. Awesome, it is so good to see LOTR environments again. Very good quality.

I really, really like this environment. :love

4642919310_92b29e9ab3_b.jpg

4642919520_55b04365f4_b.jpg

4642306599_9739ed2803_b.jpg

4642919934_abe6d8a4be_b.jpg

4642920140_e6fbe93821_b.jpg

4642307089_604ceca78a_b.jpg

4642307269_a833109004_b.jpg

4642994253_a982c55326_b.jpg

I am perhaps the only one that has admitted to getting this piece, opening it and immediately selling it to another collector. The piece just felt so small for 200 dollars and is easily lost amongst the larger sized pieces that seem to in vogue now (SS PF, diorama, LSB). Something else I noticed was the size similarity to Bag End. Now those with an exclusive on order with the Argonath in hand, imagine how small those interior details will be for double the money. Myself, and I never thought I'd say this, I am canceling the exclusive (ES is too high for an exclusive anyway) and using some Weta points to grab the open edition Bag End, saving 125 dollars in the process.

The Argonath did have very nice detail but somehow the scale just didn't seem current to me.

The Argonath did have very nice detail but somehow the scale just didn't seem current to me.

It's not supposed to be 'current', it's supposed to fit in with Weta's earlier environments. Fair enough if you don't own any of them, but surely it'd still look good on its own. I certainly wouldn't put it next to a PF!! There'd be far more disappointed collectors if Weta bucked the trend and released a super size version of this that didn't fit in with the collection. Not all collectors are 'latest is greatest' and 'bigger is better' types.

These environments looks fantastic when properly paired with the right thematic choices. I have the Helm's Deep environment flanked by a SS/W Berserker statue and a Galadhrim bust. My Golden Hall at Edoras environment is similarly grouped with the statue and bust of Theoden. It's all in how you situate them

I'm sort of going backwards now, though, and away from the "Bigger is Better" trend. Too many PFs just becomes obnoxious eventually. The smaller scales (1/6 and below) are so much more tasteful, and display better and more efficiently when collected in large quantities.

These environments looks fantastic when properly paired with the right thematic choices. I have the Helm's Deep environment flanked by a SS/W Berserker statue and a Galadhrim bust. My Golden Hall at Edoras environment is similarly grouped with the statue and bust of Theoden. It's all in how you situate them

I'm sort of going backwards now, though, and away from the "Bigger is Better" trend. Too many PFs just becomes obnoxious eventually. The smaller scales (1/6 and below) are so much more tasteful, and display better and more efficiently when collected in large quantities.

I have to agree there as well, the size of the PFs is sort of obnoxious. I guess it all depends on where you display them. The environments would look good as a knick-knack on a bookshelf but are lost in a collecting room. I just don't see how people justified the price, environment starvation?

Frodo Eyes, I wasn't asking for a PF sized environment but was hoping for something in scale with Moria I guess. Anyway, this was zero loss for me and some other collector is a new happy owner that missed out last time.

It's not supposed to be 'current', it's supposed to fit in with Weta's earlier environments. Fair enough if you don't own any of them, but surely it'd still look good on its own. I certainly wouldn't put it next to a PF!! There'd be far more disappointed collectors if Weta bucked the trend and released a super size version of this that didn't fit in with the collection. Not all collectors are 'latest is greatest' and 'bigger is better' types.

I would also note that I had never seen the bookends in person and was shocked to see they too were in this scale because surely they don't function as bookends being so small and light???

Keep in mind that from a collecting standpoint, having a shelf full of these enviros on the same scale will stand out. That's how I've grouped mine, and this is definitely a welcomed release!

If you think small is not worth it due to scale, I believe the ability of something this small to have so much detail is always a great topic for discussion. Case in point is the much sought after Orthanc.

On that note, I can't wait for Weta to steamroll their other unproduced enviros in this scale! Bring on Rivendell, Lothlorien and Cirith Ungol! Looks like Prancing Pony is in the bag since they already listed it in the Argonath artwork box.

Keep in mind that from a collecting standpoint, having a shelf full of these enviros on the same scale will stand out. That's how I've grouped mine, and this is definitely a welcomed release!

If you think small is not worth it due to scale, I believe the ability of something this small to have so much detail is always a great topic for discussion. Case in point is the much sought after Orthanc.

On that note, I can't wait for Weta to steamroll their other unproduced enviros in this scale! Bring on Rivendell, Lothlorien and Cirith Ungol! Looks like Prancing Pony is in the bag since they already listed it in the Argonath artwork box.

:exactly: To each his own and I'm very pleased with mine. The Prancing Pony does indeed look good. :hi5:

Back