Weta Argonath Enviro up for pre order

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely glad I got my order in before the POs closed

Definitely better to get your orders in sooner as opposed to later, but I'm sure that for those who missed the boat on this one it will be available again once they start shipping.

I think Weta held the last few back, so i think they'll be doing competitions to win one.....not sure how many cancellations there'll be as this seems to be their most popular LOTR item since they re-visited the line...

So glad I got my pre-order in on Day 1. Love the enviros and so glad to see them making a comeback! Looking forward to this one in Q2... :ent

There will be the usual cancellations and second chance type of sale. When it costs nothing to pre-order, the speculators, flippers, and "what the hell, it costs nothing..." types will jump in as well.

i dont like it this much to order it...it's good but it has not something that it can really atract me..:eek::eek::eek:

I didn't realize Weta allows this to be sold to toy stores now too. I just saw this becoming available (though same price) at BBTS.

I didn't realize Weta allows this to be sold to toy stores now too. I just saw this becoming available (though same price) at BBTS.

Same retail, but no international charges (bank charges, etc); I tried finding a board dealer first though, and couldn't. :monkey2

Oh ...... :confused:

I wanted to order this through Mike (Razor's Edge), but he wasn't stocking them.

The price is a little high. The Danbuy Mint Environs. were half the price and look much larger and better details than this.

The price is a little high. The Danbuy Mint Environs. were half the price and look much larger and better details than this.

:horror :horror

The Minas Tirith is nice, but the Barad Dur looks cheap and tacky. I'm really hoping Weta do a version so i can get rid of the DM one! I mean....a cheap looking light up eye? And the paint job is just awful. Not to mention the name plate. Nice for what they are, but not in Weta's league.
You can't really compare the DM pieces to the Weta pieces detail wise because the only one DM and Weta both made are Minas Tirith, and that's unfair because the Weta MT was made small for a DVD release.
There's a reason the DM pieces are half the price ;)

:horror :horror

The Minas Tirith is nice, but the Barad Dur looks cheap and tacky. I'm really hoping Weta do a version so i can get rid of the DM one! I mean....a cheap looking light up eye? And the paint job is just awful. Not to mention the name plate. Nice for what they are, but not in Weta's league.
You can't really compare the DM pieces to the Weta pieces detail wise because the only one DM and Weta both made are Minas Tirith, and that's unfair because the Weta MT was made small for a DVD release.
There's a reason the DM pieces are half the price ;)

Is it called Weta price gouging.......:monkey3

The Danbury Mint pieces are fantastic. The sculpt is comparable to the previously released Weta environments. The paint apps could have been done a little more subdued but in indirect lighting, they look fine.

The price was more than reasonable as well. DM could have continued releasing environments for a $100 bucks and I would have continued to have purchase them.

$200+ for the Weta Argonath may seem reasonable to some but to me it's just too much.

Back