Statue Weta Announces Barad-Dur

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tempted to buy this again. Sold my previous a while back and I have a nice chunk of weta dollars. I wonder how fast it will sell out this time?

It'll definitely sell out. For me it's a must have piece, if there's nothing else you want from Weta the dollars you have saved will knock the price down which may make it easier to purchase a second time. There's also other "things" hinted at on the horizon though....

It'll definitely sell out. For me it's a must have piece, if there's nothing else you want from Weta the dollars you have saved will knock the price down which may make it easier to purchase a second time. There's also other "things" hinted at on the horizon though....
I know it will eventually, but how fast is what I wished I knew. I just don't know if I would keep it again. It is smaller than any of my other LOTR pieces and I just keep wishing there was an eye like with the old Danbury one I used to have. Unless Weta gets into 1/4 to fill some of the SS PF gaps I am just not sure what else I would get from them otherwise though. That Smaug bust looks nice, but I already have their other full figure one.

I just got mine right before Christmas and it is quite impressive. If I can't find the right space to display, I could see myself selling it though. It could use a very subtle paint touch up to make it pop in certain spaces, give it some forced shadowing and highlights. The detail is insane though and it is very impressive.

An eye would really complete it. There is a custom but I don't like the look of it in pictures.

I know it will eventually, but how fast is what I wished I knew. I just don't know if I would keep it again. It is smaller than any of my other LOTR pieces and I just keep wishing there was an eye like with the old Danbury one I used to have. Unless Weta gets into 1/4 to fill some of the SS PF gaps I am just not sure what else I would get from them otherwise though. That Smaug bust looks nice, but I already have their other full figure one.

I'd say save your dollars and wait until SDCC to see what gets previewed.

Just received the custom "eye" piece from Uli. It looks amazing and really brings life to the Weta Barad Dur.

These pics do not do it justice.

IMG_1614.jpg

IMG_1616.jpg

FYI-Low stock on this already in NZ and US, UK is already sold out. I went ahead and ordered as I had a lot of Weta dollars to use and other than the Smaug bust there is really nothing else I want from them right now. The bust is an open ES so I can gamble to possibly get a discount on it, this will probably skyrocket again when it sells out.

I sent a message, but they are not open till Sunday so will have to wait and see. Not sure if they would cover the extra shipping if they had to ship me one from the NZ warehouse.

Shipping from NZ sounds like a lot, has Weta been known to do that before? Definitely send them your order confirmation. That at least should strengthen your case. Hope it works out for you, this is still my fav ME environment.

Back