Westworld HBO series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they can sustain the quality of its storytelling the viewership will follow. I don't really care if it runs half as many seasons as GoT as long as they keep the stories tight throughout. I've watched the first two episodes more times than I have watched any of GoT's. Yay me. Just so much detail, subtleties, mysteries to take in.

This was amusing. I found a link to the official Westworld site, which is set up like a resort site. You can ask questions to a "host" in an automated chat.

First I asked "Who is the man in black?"

MIB.jpg

And also...

maze.png

:lol

This was amusing. I found a link to the official Westworld site, which is set up like a resort site. You can ask questions to a "host" in an automated chat.

First I asked "Who is the man in black?"

View attachment 297946

And also...

View attachment 297947

:lol

Why does the line, "The Maze is Not For You" creep me out? Seems very foreboding. I must be bringing my own baggage into this.

I'm finding, the more I think about this show, the more it gets under my skin and makes my anticipation grow.

I was actually a little bummed on Sunday when I remembered that I had watched the second episode early, I had been looking forward to it all day.

I can only speculate - I never even saw the original movie - but it sounds like a dare.

I only saw bits and pieces when I was a kid, I remember very little of it. Mostly just Yul with his revealed robot face.

Yeah, I'm finding the show quite fascinating...
The hostess at the beginning of the second episode said something about it being up to the newcomers to see how far they could go sounds very interesting. It seems it's exactly what the Man in Black is trying to find out... how far he can go. And the entire park is in on it, why else would the little girl tell him "the maze is not for you"?

It's definitely a cool exploration of the AI trope. And I'll say this - IMO Jonathan Nolan on his own has already surpassed his brother in conveying human emotion and heart. And using robots, no less.

So the man in black never leaves like other guests? He did say he was born in the park.

:dunno Why not. MIB created this Westworld. Dr. Ford is a robot trying to improve on MIB's creation to try to trap him there. So all this brutality is his way of trying to get to the next level, hence the maze, so he can try to escape! :wave:monkey3

I don't think it's true but just heard a theory that Lee, the narrative writer, is Jonathan Nolan's proxy for Zack Snyder. :lol

There is a resemblance in his looks and clothes but I like Zack Snyder. I get why people say he doesn't get the source material, but he still tries his best and is a great visualist.

There is a resemblance in his looks and clothes but I like Zack Snyder. I get why people say he doesn't get the source material, but he still tries his best and is a great visualist.

I agree with everything except I can't say I like him any more. The good will Watchmen generated in me has been exhausted. But he is undeniably talented as a visualist.

I just admire how he keeps working despite all the negative reviews BvS got. i felt so bad for him when he was asked about them during the press tour.

Back