Welcome to Camp Crystal Lake: Show Us Some JASON!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only a FOOL would compare a 1:1 bust to a 1:6 sculpt. What are smoking man? You serious?

And to top it off it's NOT EVEN AN ACCURATE 1:1 Version of the Stan Winston makeup. It looks cool, but it's not Accurate!

So here's what I'm going to do for you. Since you don't collect 1/6, here's a link for an Innacurate version of Stan Winston Jason, by Crash, that happens to be for sale! Now Scram!
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115147

Last edited:
Only a FOOL would compare a 1:1 bust to a 1:6 sculpt. What are smoking man? You serious?

And to top it off it's NOT EVEN AN ACCURATE 1:1 Version of the Stan Winston makeup. It looks cool, but it's not Accurate!

So here's what I'm going to do for you. Since you don't collect 1/6, here's a link for an Innacurate version of Stan Winston Jason, by Crash, that happens to be for sale! Now Scram!
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115147

Hey turbo, it sounds like your running a little too much boost :rotfl You do understand that the Crash and Beto sculpts are pretty much mirror images of one another...only the Beto sculpt is lacking the fine - definine details as seen in the still i posted. Quite frankly, it seems that Beto used Crash's HLM as a reference. There are a very scarce amount of high quality pictures of the Winston Make-up from the STRAIGHT ON ANGLE...and Crash is the definitive, benchmark representation.

My side by side comparison spoke volumes regarding accuracy. If you still cannot see that the likeness after my apples to apples comparison, it tells me you are blinded by your Beto fanboyism rendering you are unable to tell right from wrong. This sort of thing happens all then time when collectors get tunnel vision.

The pictures posted in the for sale thread are lousy don't give Crash's sculpt a fair shake. Quite possible from an iphone and the close-up utilized a flash, as well all know is the worst thing to do when photographing collectibles.

:lecture

You must own one of those Hideous Crash Jason's, that's the only reason I can come up with on why your trying to defend it so much. If there are very few reference points for the authentic Stan Winston makeup, than Crash would have naturally created an interpretive version of it....so by default it's not ACCURATE! If you want to allege that Beto used Crash's bust as a reference, well then you gotta ask him. But personally I don't see any resemblance. In fact I even made a suggestion once to add more creases to the sculpt, somthing like Crash's, but it isn't accurate.
HELLZ YEA I'm a fan of Beto because I'm a fan of accuracy or as close to accurate as you can get. To achieve that level of detail in 1/6 is a marvel. We're talking 1/6 here. I'm not concerned in the least about 1:1.

Last edited:
hey amigos just relax!!
this is some of the references I used
3btsz4ud2.jpg
3bts001.jpg
this is the original mask and as you can see its vey smooth skin texture I think the texture in the crash mask is excessive, but thats only my opinion, and yes of course is very similar to my sculpt because for shure we use the same reference material and of course I use the crash mask as a basic reference too, but never was my intention make a shrunken version of that mask, so what is the problem??? just stay happy!!
[ame]https://youtu.be/Y5ov3Pv1EhA[/ame]

Last edited:
Awesome sculpt Beto. It's a home run as far as I'm concerned. And thanks for the reference pics.And turbo, I do not own the Hideous Looking Man.

Have a nice evening gentleman!

hey amigos just relax!!
this is some of the references I used
3btsz4ud2.jpg
3bts001.jpg
this is the original mask and as you can see its vey smooth skin texture I think the texture in the crash mask is excessive, but thats only my opinion, and yes of course is very similar to my sculpt because for shure we use the same reference material and of course I use the crash mask as a basic reference too, but never was my intention make a shrunken version of that mask, so what is the problem??? just stay happy!!
https://youtu.be/Y5ov3Pv1EhA

why is it that they did not use that?

why is it that they did not use that?

They did for mostly the entire movie which you can see if you pay close attention (Beto pointed it out to me). But what I got from Ricard Brooker himself was that the producers/film makers thought it might be too scary when it came to the full reveal scene, so they re did it to resemble more of the original jason look.

If you have it on blu ray, in the beginning where Jason is standing in between the clothing in the backyard, pause it quickly and you can see he is wearing the Winston makeup. Also he is wearing the Winston hood throughout the movie. Except for the barn hanging and of course the dream sequence. If you compare the side of the head/ears to those scene, you can see the difference between the Winston and final version.

Supposedly there was a 3rd makeup created but no solid pictures of it ever surfaced. There is one picture with Richard Brooker in what looks to be a variation on the Winston makeup standing with Stan Winstons and some of the actors, but I think that was the "stunt mask" of the Winston look. Which maybe what he is wearing during the dream sequence of when he is "attacking" the girl in the woods.

Ok, I've been looking for a website that I used to have saved before I got my computer worked on and had my favorites list deleted. It was a site that made movie accurate jason masks but also had machetes and hoods. They would make each Jason mask custom made to your preference. You could build your own by buying a blank mask or any other mask from all the Friday movies. They range from varying degrees of battle damage for each film . Whatever you wanted they could do. But like I said they could sell you a blank mask or chevrons or straps etc. They also sold hoods and had what they called a 'budget hood" that was cheaper for us poor folk. Anyone know what Im taking about please help me out

Last edited:
Crash has a sick version of the HLM...and Beto's version is on point as well. Its more difficult to get the look exact on a 1/6 scale compared to a 1/1 scale....but both pieces are great.

Beto...anyway of getting the heads? I missed the sign up for a full figure....I'll just have to create the body myself....let me know.

Here's part of my Jason collection:

OnesCustoms 7" Remake:
OnesCustoms%20Jason%20Remake%207%27%27%20Figure%2007.JPG

OnesCustoms%20Jason%20Remake%207%27%27%20Figure%2009.JPG

OnesCustoms 7" Part 8:
OnesCustoms%20Jason%20Part%208%207%27%27%20Figure%2001.JPG

OnesCustoms%20Jason%20Part%208%207%27%27%20Figure%2007.JPG

Terry Cruikshank Part 7 & 8 18" Dolls:
Jason%20Part%208%20Terry%20Cruikshanks%20Doll%2010.jpg

1/6 Figures - Roy by OnesCustoms, Part 3 Betomatali headsculpt, figure assembled and painted by Doug, and Part 2, ss, repainted and haired by Doug, on modified body with ss part 3 arms:

Photo%20Sep%2018%2C%203%2056%2044%20AM.jpg

Photo%20Sep%2018%2C%204%2025%2027%20AM.jpg

Photo%20Sep%2018%2C%204%2026%2029%20AM.jpg

Photo%20Sep%2018%2C%204%2026%2046%20AM.jpg

Photo%20Sep%2018%2C%204%2027%2017%20AM.jpg

Last edited:
Doh! Okay...fixed the pics...and while I'm at it, here's a couple more Jasons, mostly model kits.

One of my favorite pieces, battle scene, about 18" model kit:
Photo%20Sep%2018%2C%204%2000%2011%20AM.jpg

Jason X Budgie Kits 1/6:
Photo%20Sep%2018%2C%204%2000%2047%20AM.jpg

Kaiyodo 1/6 kit:
Photo%20Sep%2018%2C%204%2001%2006%20AM.jpg

Screaming 1/4 kit:
Photo%20Sep%2018%2C%204%2001%2031%20AM.jpg

Screaming 1/6 kit:
Photo%20Sep%2018%2C%204%2001%2056%20AM.jpg

Clayguy Young Jason:
Photo%20Sep%2018%2C%204%2002%2056%20AM.jpg

1:1 Resin Mask/Bust:
Photo%20Sep%2018%2C%204%2002%2040%20AM.jpg

OnesCustoms Young Jason 1/6:
OnesCustoms%20Jason%20Part%201%20Figure%2001.JPG

Thanks! Yeah, that part 2 bust is pretty crazy. I bought the part 3 headsculpt from Beto last year. I think he only sold a few. It's not the same sculpt as his new one but I still think its perfect. One of my favorite figures.

Back