WATCHMEN Movie Discussion (book SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WATCHMEN Movie Discussion (SPOILERS)

Did you ever read the graphic novel ?

I did when I was a freshman in college so its been a while. It was a friends copy so I've got my own coming so I can reread it again.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Guess I need to check out From Hell and V in their graphic novel forms cause I liked both movies quite a bit.

The FROM HELL graphic novel is so much better than the movie, it's not even funny.

However, in some ways, I actually prefer the V FOR VENDETTA film over the book, which feels like sacrilege. :google

And, King Darkness, are you hooked yet??? :rock

The FROM HELL graphic novel is so much better than the movie, it's not even funny.

However, in some ways, I actually prefer the V FOR VENDETTA film over the book, which feels like sacrilege. :google

Will have to check them out.

I LOVED V the movie, read the comic, and was disappointed. So, Im never going to see the movie, then read the book. Book/ then Movie.

Here's a photo of one of my prized possessions... The leather-bound slip-cased edition.

Feel the same way. I think the art in the V graphic novel makes it hard to see who or what is going on and detracts from the book.

Saw the trailer the other day and was just taken back by how amazing it is!
I didn't get the same scope from reading the book so many years ago, but then again, the Black Freighter kinda dragged the pace of reading and sometimes, taxed my patience.
I think this will work so much better without the Black Freighter mini comic shoved in between, but I'm glad to see it's being made as a animated direct to DVD movie instead of being altogether left out.
Interesting how they dealt with Doctor Manhattan's nudity, they might've specially edited out his genitalia for the trailer, but it works without it.
I really can't wait to see this next year! :D

I'd already had my mind thoroughly blown when I saw the trailer on YouTube, it was just Glorious on the big screen. WATCHMEN is gonna kick so much ass it ain't even funny! :rock

The tagline doesn't make any sense but the pic is awesome!

2682025497_2427962fe7.jpg

Oh...that makes it less cool then and it shouldn't have been posted... :lol

razz.gif
razz.gif
razz.gif

:D

Like some others here (though we're in the minority, it appears), I'd never heard of Watchmen, so when I saw the trailer before the Batman movie I was blown away and utterly intrigued.

Stopped by 5 different bookstores on my way home yesterday (I live 30 miles from work) and EVERY one of them said the same thing - they'd sold out of their Watchmen stock in the 3 days since Friday's opening of Batman.

Fortunately, my last stop was a comic store close by my house who said they were getting in new stock Wednesday and they are to hold one for me.

Looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about!

Like some others here (though we're in the minority, it appears), I'd never heard of Watchmen, so when I saw the trailer before the Batman movie I was blown away and utterly intrigued.

Stopped by 5 different bookstores on my way home yesterday (I live 30 miles from work) and EVERY one of them said the same thing - they'd sold out of their Watchmen stock in the 3 days since Friday's opening of Batman.

Fortunately, my last stop was a comic store close by my house who said they were getting in new stock Wednesday and they are to hold one for me.

Looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about!

Yea, the movie seems to spur people into read the novel, which is great. It's kinda sad for our society thought, that the only way a person would read the book is that there is a movie about it.....:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Back