WATCHMEN Movie Discussion (book SPOILERS)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WATCHMEN Movie Discussion (SPOILERS)

Man I was pissed - they didn't have the trailer in front of TDK, instead we get Swing Vote and The Day the Earth Stood Still? Damned Arclight.

And Terminator where you can hardly see anything.

They showed the Terminator one as well-- but The Watchmen trailer really looked good on the big screen.

Man I was pissed - they didn't have the trailer in front of TDK, instead we get Swing Vote and The Day the Earth Stood Still? Damned Arclight.

And Terminator where you can hardly see anything.

Aw, that sucks. I saw Dark Knight twice on IMAX and they had the preview both times. The reaction of the crowd was different both times I saw it.

I saw Dark Knight Friday morning at 3:20 am and everyone clapped and cheered for the trailer. Next I saw it Saturday morning at 1:40 am and it was like no one had a clue as to what they were looking at.

I have friends who have not read Watchmen and I am really jealous that they get to read it for the first time.

This movie looks like it will be the real deal.

Nobody in town knew what Watchmen was when the trailer played. It was actually amusing listening to people guess which comic adaptation it was. I heard people saying, "Green Lantern?" and "Thor?" and when it finally said "Watchmen" at the end, you heard a little bit of "Oh." Like they had heard of it but weren't familiar enough to recognize it by the images in the trailer.

They will just have to wait and see for themselves...

Yeah, that's what I tried to tell my Wife... That the trailer may have looked busy, but the source material was amazing. I tried to tell her that she had NO idea what she would be in for when she watches it. :rock2

My Watchmen novel is being shipped to me. I should receive it Monday. I can't wait to find out what it's all about!:banana

Watchmen is required reading for any self proclaimed comic book fan. It's funny that "comic book movies" attract so many people, yet most have never even touched a comic book.

WATCHMEN is especially a different animal. It is so dense in thematic content and plot that it would probably take the average, non-reading Joe 3-4 readings to understand.

WATCHMEN is especially a different animal. It is so dense in thematic content and plot that it would probably take the average, non-reading Joe 3-4 readings to understand.

Exactly. It's a deep, multi-layered epic that will probably sail over a few people's heads. I remember reading it and being so floored by all that happened, that I immediately started over and read it again. Just to soak it in and fully understand what went down.

I am kinda sad I have no idea what this movie is about. I know it was a comic but watching the trailer it looks like a typical Frank Miller book. :dunno Should I read the book? :confused:

I am kinda sad I have no idea what this movie is about. I know it was a comic but watching the trailer it looks like a typical Frank Miller book. :dunno Should I read the book? :confused:

Good lord yes! I didn't pick up Frank Miller stuff until Sin City came out and was supremely impressed with his stuff after doing so!

Good lord yes! I didn't pick up Frank Miller stuff until Sin City came out and was supremely impressed with his stuff after doing so!

Cool! I will have to check this out. I was kinda put off by the guy that looks like Batman or the Owl I think they call him. I will check this out though.

First of all, it's not Frank Miller... it's Alan Moore (a much better writer, imho). Secondly, YES... get and read the graphic novel ASAP!

First of all, it's not Frank Miller... it's Alan Moore (a much better writer, imho). Secondly, YES... get and read the graphic novel ASAP!

Ahh see I don't even know my stuff. I liked V so if this is the same guy I guess I should pick it up ASAP! Thanks for the correction Irish! :duff

Yeah, I honestly can't imagine you not loving it. As much as I really like V FOR VENDETTA, it's not at all in the same league as WATCHMEN.

V for Vendetta = OK/Good

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen = Fun/Clever

From Hell = Dense

Watchmen = Magnificent

Back