Watching For The First Time Tonight: Highlander - Director's Cut

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shaun-o said:
Bad Moon=Bad Apple:mad: :nono

Highlander is one of my all time favorite cheesy Sci-Fi movies along with Star Wars, Planet of the Apes and Night of the Living Dead. I hope you enjoyed it as that.

Reading the Kurgans posts is always fun. I just wish Shai was still here fighting the good fight with you guys.

Long Live the Kurgans
:viking :rock :rock

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock I do not know you Shaun-o but you are now very kool in my book!!!!

Highlander is a great fantasy film (It's not Sci-fi Badmoon, learn the diffrence). As far as the sequels go I really like Endgame, but Endgame should only be watched if you know the show good. Other wise you may say who's this Duncan guy? Any way, Huge Fan of Highlander, I don't see how any sci-fi/fantasy fan can not like it to some degree.

Also, I didn't know Shai was banned?

Highlander is one of THE most underrated films of all time. Sure its campy but it was made in the 80s, there are more than a handful of films in the 80s that didn't have its fair share of camp or cheese and are still highly regarded. Remember one thing, the premise at hand, the fact that Immortals are walking the Earth having this competition for the ONE in plain sight and all the history involved made this film really unique. Brown really stole his film and the Kurgan was really one the best villains out there. He was so separated from humanity that it made MacLeod's search to be part of humanity brillantly encapulated. While I agree Highlander is not Academy Award worthy (save in the mind of Ricky Bobby) it is definitely a good time, interesting to watch and a nice usage of 2 hours of freedom. Finally, who can argue with a soundtrack comprised completely by Queen? Two BIG thumbs up in my book.

Viva El Kurgan! :lol

The Mike said:
Highlander is one of THE most underrated films of all time. Sure its campy but it was made in the 80s, there are more than a handful of films in the 80s that didn't have its fair share of camp or cheese and are still highly regarded. Remember one thing, the premise at hand, the fact that Immortals are walking the Earth having this competition for the ONE in plain sight and all the history involved made this film really unique. Brown really stole his film and the Kurgan was really one the best villains out there. He was so separated from humanity that it made MacLeod's search to be part of humanity brillantly encapulated. While I agree Highlander is not Academy Award worthy (save in the mind of Ricky Bobby) it is definitely a good time, interesting to watch and a nice usage of 2 hours of freedom. Finally, who can argue with a soundtrack comprised completely by Queen? Two BIG thumbs up in my book.

:rock :rock :rock :rock A MOST EXCELLENT POST!!!!! :rock :rock :rock

The Mike said:

Wonderfully stated!!

shaun-o said:
Bad Moon=Bad Apple:mad: :nono

Highlander is one of my all time favorite cheesy Sci-Fi movies along with Star Wars, Planet of the Apes and Night of the Living Dead. I hope you enjoyed it as that.

Reading the Kurgans posts is always fun. I just wish Shai was still here fighting the good fight with you guys.

Long Live the Kurgans
:viking :rock :rock

You sir, are a scholar and a kick ass mo-fo:rock

May you name be added to the DO NOT KILL LIST!!!

A friend to the Krusade you shall always be:rock

King Darkness said:
Wonderfully stated!!

Hmmm... quite.
butler.jpg
butler.jpg
butler.jpg
butler.jpg
butler.jpg

pixletwin said:
Hmmm... quite.
butler.jpg
butler.jpg
butler.jpg
butler.jpg
butler.jpg

:lol :lol :lol :lol

I think the shear AWESOMENESS of Highlander may have killer Nick:monkey2

Just goes to show, you should never try watching Highlander for the first time alone and in a weakend state.

You will be missed NSFolsom.

R.I.P Nick.

He died with the Kurgan in his heart.

King Darkness said:
I think the shear AWESOMENESS of Highlander may have killer Nick:monkey2

Just goes to show, you should never try watching Highlander for the first time alone and in a weakend state.

You will be missed NSFolsom.

R.I.P Nick.

He died with the Kurgan in his heart.

:lol :lol :lol :rock :rock :rock I was wondering what happened to poor Nick!!!

Watched The Highlander last weekend after being on the boards for a couple of months, wondering what all the banners about the kurgan was about.
kurgan was was an excellant villian and it was a fun movie, best bit was "hello pretty" cant stop doing this impression, replaced my palpatine for now.
After watching it started to look at a modern Conner from sideshow.
Last knight i watched number 2 and that was just rubbish and i cant believe it directed by Irvin Kershner

ian1138 said:
Last knight i watched number 2 and that was just rubbish and i cant believe it directed by Irvin Kershner

Highlander 2?!?!?

I dont know they made another one. I have no idea of what you speak!!!

There was only one!!!! ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

King Darkness said:
Highlander 2?!?!?

I dont know they made another one. I have no idea of what you speak!!!

There was only one!!!! ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

There Can (shoulda) be(en) Only One!!!​

Also a most kickass post by the Mike... I submit him for the "Do Not Kill" list as well :rock

galactiboy said:
There Can (shoulda) be(en) Only One!!!​

Also a most kickass post by the Mike... I submit him for the "Do Not Kill" list as well :rock

Mike if officailly added to the DO NO KILL list!!!!

Back