Watching For The First Time Tonight: Highlander - Director's Cut

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NSFolsom

I Ain't Fraid Of No Ghost
Reaction score
Yes, that's right. I'm 28 and I've never seen it. I don't know too much about it. But... I'm about to rectify that tonight with a screening of...

Highlander_1_poster.jpg

I'm sure this will make a number of you very happy. The timing of this doesn't have anything to with, well... anything. I just have been wanting to see what the fuss was about after all these freakin' years, ya know?

So, anyway... I'll be sitting here watching it in my room. I may be adding comments as I watch. Feel free to add your own. Whatever you wish to contribute. You could even watch it "with" me. Maybe that's a little creepy...?

And remember, THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!!!

Oh! I almost forgot... Is there a metallurgist in the house?

EDIT: HOLY *****! POST # 666! :lol :monkey5

:rock :rock :rock :rock Now you will see why the Kurgan is such a bad ass and worthy of a Krusade!!!!! :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

I am so sorry for you! Please don't waste your time. The opening scene with the wrestler should say it all. :monkey3

King Darkness said:
This 100% true!!!

Damn straight!! From the score to the script... just never given it's due. And the Kurgan really made it stand out in my mind. He was the perfect villain to make Connor a better lead.

BadMoon said:
I am so sorry for you! Please don't waste your time. The opening scene with the wrestler should say it all. :monkey3

If you're not gonna be constructive go away!

DarkArtist81 said:
Damn straight!! From the score to the script... just never given it's due. And the Kurgan really made it stand out in my mind. He was the perfect villain to make Connor a better lead.

Yeah, Kurgan is like the cherry on top. He makes the PERFECT villian, and only stands to make this movie even better.

King I am trying to be constructive. I am telling this poor soul not to watch this movie. This is one of the dumbest sci fi movies to date. LOL! I mean it! It really is. I think that is why you all like it so much. Kinda like the kids that used to come to school all in black with white makeup on. They were all the same yet they claimed that they were original and thats why they did that. Come on! This movie is average at best. That's why Sideshow did a mediocre job both sculpting and painting them.

BadMoon said:
King I am trying to be constructive. I am telling this poor soul not to watch this movie. This is one of the dumbest sci fi movies to date. LOL! I mean it! It really is. I think that is why you all like it so much. Kinda like the kids that used to come to school all in black with white makeup on. They were all the same yet they claimed that they were original and thats why they did that. Come on! This movie is average at best. That's why Sideshow did a mediocre job both sculpting and painting them.

You can quit speaking now, we are all done listening.

Dont listen Nick. Give the movie a chance, thats what most people dont do.

BadMoon said:

poo poo on you!! I will admit I am not a fan of Lambert but the story is itself is very interesting and well done imo. Plus, the scenes with the Kurgan are just so f'n great!!! He is a bad ass through and through and Clancy Brown nailed that role!!!! All in all....it's a very entertaining movie, which is EXACTLY what I expected it to be. :D :D :D

I dont want this to become a Highlander bashing thread, its Nicks thread so I will now bow out and see what Nick has to say about the movie.

King Darkness said:
You can quit speaking now, we are all done listening.

Dont listen Nick. Give the movie a chance, thats what most people dont do.

Very true.... lots of people will immediately write it off because they have seen bits of one of the lackluster sequels or listened to negative word of mouth. It's just like any film... some will love it, some will hate it.

I say it rocks, and if you are a like minded individual... I would think you would too. :cool:

Back