War of the Planet of the Apes (July 14, 2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw this last night and loved it. Very powerful moments. Was happy to see a little cameo from Koba, even though it wasn't "real". The trailer had an awesome shot of apes in war paint looking savage as hell aiming arrows at something. I didn't see that sequence in the movie (it would have been in the first scene with the battle in the woods).

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'm hoping this is still in the theaters for another week or 2. I get back to the States next week and would love to take my family to see this in the theaters.

Down to one theater with one showing a day. Saw it one more time tonight. It's the best movie of the summer as far as I'm concerned.

I hope there ends up being a good box set of the three of this series put together with some nice extras.
While some of the Neca figures are still peg warmers here, it was disappointing that there was no figures for this one. Heck, a rehash of Caesar (without the war paint) and some updated packaging for the new movie would have been cool. A deluxe figure of Caesar on horseback with a shotgun would have rocked...just something special from this film to acknowledge Serkis fine work here.

I just am blown away that we had three strong movies for this "reboot "...congrats to all involved. ..This series is a keeper.

Down to one theater with one showing a day. Saw it one more time tonight. It's the best movie of the summer as far as I'm concerned.

I hope there ends up being a good box set of the three of this series put together with some nice extras.
While some of the Neca figures are still peg warmers here, it was disappointing that there was no figures for this one. Heck, a rehash of Caesar (without the war paint) and some updated packaging for the new movie would have been cool. A deluxe figure of Caesar on horseback with a shotgun would have rocked...just something special from this film to acknowledge Serkis fine work here.

I just am blown away that we had three strong movies for this "reboot "...congrats to all involved. ..This series is a keeper.

I keep hoping somebody will pick up the license again

Got back from my European vacation 3 days ago. Just bought tix for this online. Will finally be seeing this with my family on Tuesday. Really looking forward to it.

Saw this last night with the family. What a great movie. Lots of plot and emotion in the movie. Just a great story and a nice wrap up/end to the trilogy. One of the best movies I've seen this year.

Planet of the Apes is the best reboot of a franchise I can think of. Others have tried and failed (i.e. Ghostbusters, Robocop, Clash of the Titans etc.) Trouble is as good as POTA is, I don’t think they made a “dent” in POP Culture.

Not sure if it was movie companies decision but they failed Lesson one in making movies…….”TOYS” for kids.

And they didn't even make one of the Apes Asian!

Sure they did; Orangutans are an Asian species. :D

apes-17.jpg

giphy(19).gif

Back