Statue War Machine (Captain America: Civil War) Iron Studios - 1/4 Scale Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How are there no in-hand pics/reviews yet? Mine is scheduled to arrive on Friday, and I'm on the complete opposite side of the country than SS; it takes stuff a week to get to me.

Where are the pics?! :D

How are there no in-hand pics/reviews yet? Mine is scheduled to arrive on Friday, and I'm on the complete opposite side of the country than SS; it takes stuff a week to get to me.

Where are the pics?! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZb1fggvsK4
Evento Expo Disney 2016 em São Paulo
WM at about 3:40 and 4:40 (as well as Falcon, BP...)

There might have been more pics if IS would spend more on marketing...not sure how many folks even know about IS or at least the 1/4 releases - and too, maybe the 1/10 line is more popular being more affordable.:dunno

No pics that I've been able to find tho no expert. Just a few instas/vids production and prototype.

iron_studios_warmachine_production.jpg

iron_studios_warmachine2.jpg

iron_studios_warmachine.jpg

Folks here may be the first in-hand reviews. Does look incredible tho.

Yeah, I wasn't asking about pics in general. Just being on the east coast I'm used to seeing people post in-hand pics/declare they've received theirs while mine is still in transit.

I know the price was prohibitive, but I'm just surprised there isn't more activity in here now that it's shipped.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Unfortunately Popcultcha (Australia) hasn't received their stock in yet.

So chances are that this time someone from the US will post pics before I do.

Not very consistent with the edition size are they, with 470 for BP And 350 for Falcon.

Probably has to do with # ordered.

Anyway, got mine today. What a beast.

20170210_131331.jpg

Baby hand for scale.
20170210_131522.jpg

20170210_131548.jpg

Interestingly, they've embedded headphone jacks into the polystone to serve as connectors for the hands. I assume these are for powering the lights in the hands/staff... but funny story... I cannot for the life of my find any sort of switch for the supposed LEDs anywhere on the statue. No sort of instructions supplied, so I'll keep looking.
20170210_131733.jpg

20170210_132216.jpg

20170210_132220.jpg

^^^Looks great, congrats! love the paint apps and gray shading.

Okay, finally found it! There is a rather well-hidden panel on the back attached with magnets. Inside, a case for 2 AAA batteries and the switch, which powers eyes, arc reactor, palm and boot repulsors. If your hands don't light up, for flicker, check for a thin film of paint on the jack that may be messing with the connection.
20170210_150922.jpg

Rhodey's bat has its own LED and power supply/switch, but it's a non-standard battery. Not sure what type, and there are no markings. I've asked IS if they can tell me.
20170210_151205.jpg

LEDs are nice and bright!
20170210_151344.jpg

thanks for the pics and your review. I don't need a third version of him, but if a deal presents itself I will bite.

this is definitely better that SS recent offering.

Thanks for the pics.

Kinda disappointed that it's powered by multiple batteries, but I'm not surprised given that as far as I know none of their pieces are powered by an ac adapter etc (and I can just imagine the uproar when people receive their Darth Vaders!)

Given that I'll probably never use the 'baton' I may look at getting either a Soap reactor or other battery eliminator to power the main lights by remote.

Sadly your pics won't load on taptalk :(

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Sadly your pics won't load on taptalk :(

I get that problem with more than half the pictures on Tapatalk :/ Really frustrating, haven't found a fix.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Weird. Pics load just fine for me on Tapatalk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Please tell me there's a cover for the batteries on his back.

^^^Looks great, congrats! love the paint apps and gray shading.

Ditto!
Looks like another spectacular IS piece, congrats! :clap:clap:clap

Thank you for posting the pics too,:) he really makes a statement; paint looks great - just an awesome War Machine:rock. Great that the lights are bright as well - can imagine how good it looks in dim light.

Now if Bucky, Cap, and IM are that good:horror (and the U.S. Falcon re-makes are coming along *sigh*)

Yeah that no back cover is a no go for me. You can never display it in front of glass.

Back