Statue War Machine (Captain America: Civil War) Iron Studios - 1/4 Scale Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
which do you like best out of the three?

For me, nothing touches the original MK1 by SWS/Legacy, but the IS is a close second (those damn lights). I'm a fan of their 1/4 scale sizing. It just seems like you are getting a nice quality piece for your money. The paint job on this thing almost matches the one on the MK1, as if they were both produced by SWS/Legacy.

The MK2 seems out of place with that sleek, black paint job. I know the story is that Stark redesigned it that way to reduce the bulk/tank look of the MK1.

I'm getting the rest in the series with the exception of Cap/WS. Still undecided on those.

thanks for your thoughts. I have the 2 SS versions and want this too...just going to try and find a bit of a deal...which may not happen given the small edition size.

For me, nothing touches the original MK1 by SWS/Legacy, but the IS is a close second (those damn lights). I'm a fan of their 1/4 scale sizing. It just seems like you are getting a nice quality piece for your money. The paint job on this thing almost matches the one on the MK1, as if they were both produced by SWS/Legacy.

The MK2 seems out of place with that sleek, black paint job. I know the story is that Stark redesigned it that way to reduce the bulk/tank look of the MK1.

I'm getting the rest in the series with the exception of Cap/WS. Still undecided on those.

Broken War Machine packed and shipped back this morning. Now the hunt begins again! LOL!!!

:(

So not fun returning stuff. Smashing stuff is no fun either.

More $$$$ than he was for the U.S. at SSC:horror, but I had great luck with Popcultcha if you really want WM. Got a perfect WS and Falcon from them earlier this year, that "E2 shipping" was impressively fast to the U.S., they're used to international customers. And they did respond when I had questions. Not saying they are always perfect:dunno but I would order from them again, for sure. I like their "Pennies" program too. Plus they will return/exchange stuff.

I figure LOL just "give up a couple of 1/6 HTs and you spent the same". And "at least you are happy w. your 1/4s that you will keep for years even if you did just drop more $$$ at the hardware store for supplies for the display cabinet you are hacking because you love your IS 1/4 Civil War statues so much." That's what I tell myself anyway.:monkey3

Good luck with getting a WM!

:(

So not fun returning stuff. Smashing stuff is no fun either.

More $$$$ than he was for the U.S. at SSC:horror, but I had great luck with Popcultcha if you really want WM. Got a perfect WS and Falcon from them earlier this year, that "E2 shipping" was impressively fast to the U.S., they're used to international customers. And they did respond when I had questions. Not saying they are always perfect:dunno but I would order from them again, for sure. I like their "Pennies" program too. Plus they will return/exchange stuff.

I figure LOL just "give up a couple of 1/6 HTs and you spent the same". And "at least you are happy w. your 1/4s that you will keep for years even if you did just drop more $$$ at the hardware store for supplies for the display cabinet you are hacking because you love your IS 1/4 Civil War statues so much." That's what I tell myself anyway.:monkey3

Good luck with getting a WM!

I've been looking at their website, just trying to decide which one to order first. Secret Compass has them but very expensive. I've already decided I'm gonna need a custom piece of furniture to display them properly. LOL! Thanks for the recommendation.

I've been looking at their website, just trying to decide which one to order first. Secret Compass has them but very expensive. I've already decided I'm gonna need a custom piece of furniture to display them properly. LOL! Thanks for the recommendation.

LOL - wrong thread but IMO while WS is my fav character and IS did a spectacular job - he's still at SSC tho; sold out at Pop - argh - I'll just say I am so impressed with Falcon:love. WM I guess is easier to manage as is Bucky (vertical space) but I've got Falcon, Bucky and Cap in a temp spot - and man, IMO it's worth dealing with Falcon's real estate needs. It's the wingspread - just EPIC. Not to mention IMO a stellar, dynamic, complicated figure. Amazing paint and sculpt.

But good to know you can't go wrong, really. Was thinking about WM as he seems hard to get now. But promised self to start saving for Infinity War!:cool:

Even broken he was very impressive, I had to put batteries in and check out the lights. He is so much larger than Cap or WS, I can see how much impact the six altogether would have. I have an idea of how I want to display them too, and that includes a pedestal base somewhere around 55 inches high three ft by four ft. lol I saw a display table in a local store that was almost perfect but they wouldn't sell one. �� And I did try! Lol!

IMG_3719.jpg My War Machine arrived yesterday in good shape. Here's a quick pic of him and the WM markIII Hot Toy version. He's huge! I was surprised how big he is.

Thanks! I was sweating opening that big box up! LOL! The base on this one is better painted with shading more like the Cap and WS bases. The first ones base almost looked like it hadn't been done at all. I've got to find that TV a new home. Lol! I'll try and get better pics when Falcon and BP are delivered. They're supposed to be delivered this week.

Thanks! I was sweating opening that big box up! LOL! The base on this one is better painted with shading more like the Cap and WS bases. The first ones base almost looked like it hadn't been done at all. I've got to find that TV a new home. Lol! I'll try and get better pics when Falcon and BP are delivered. They're supposed to be delivered this week.

Argh, know all about the *angst* opening those boxes - LOL sometimes I have to force myself - LOL the DRAMA of collecting! Especially when I am praying for no googly eyes.

PS. Re TV wall mount? Crossin' my fingers for you re BP and Falcon 'coz they ARE incredible pieces (and I kinda feel the BP movie will really put Black Panther on the map - IMO inevitable when a film comes out unless it's a real bomb - and there may be a flood of BPs then but I will always think this BP is one of the best that was ever done, thanks to stellar details and sculpt)

Back