Statue War Machine (Captain America: Civil War) Iron Studios - 1/4 Scale Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And...War Machine (and BP) are being listed as "almost sold out" at SSC, if folks were planning to order there...

Anyone knows The dimension for the dioramas, Team captain (all 3 Figures) and Team iron man ( also all 3 figures)? I want to buy all 6 But i dont know how many space ist need

Anyone knows The dimension for the dioramas, Team captain (all 3 Figures) and Team iron man ( also all 3 figures)? I want to buy all 6 But i dont know how many space ist need
Well, going from the individual measurements and how the bases are supposed to go together, Team Cap should be 57 cm deep and 79 cm wide. XD That's a lot of space ...
Team Iron Man is harder to tell coz the bases connect a bit differently. :/

Well, going from the individual measurements and how the bases are supposed to go together, Team Cap should be 57 cm deep and 79 cm wide. XD That's a lot of space ...
Team Iron Man is harder to tell coz the bases connect a bit differently. :/
That Sounds good.
Pax from Ikea with Pax doors a 59cm die and 96cm wide.
So i hope the Iron man Team is also nearly 57 cm deep

Here the hole Diorama :
https://www.instagram.com/p/BQgZ8UmFt3H/

Wow that was fast!

Don't think BP will last much longer, w. upcoming BP movie hype. Figure folks *may* be waiting for the BP movie version, but IMO Civil War will always be a signature film, so think it's worth having figures from that movie.

Congrats to all who can pick up an awesome WM!:clap

I'll be getting this piece in today, and I can't wait to unbox it.

The Falcon and Black Panther arrived instock at Popcultcha/Australia around the same time as the US, but for whatever reason this piece was delayed by over a month; but at least I should be getting Winter Soldier by Monday, as it was posted out to me today.

So now (by Monday) with 4 pieces, there are only 2 more to go in this diorama collection.

Well I finally got the piece in, and if I was to use one word to describe this piece it would be 'imposing'.

With this being War Machine he's already a big guy, but I believe even so that he may be a bit too big on the 1/4 scale. He completely makes the Falcon diorama piece seem small in comparison.

It's a great piece, but I do have a few nitpicks-

I wish the shoulder cannon was able to be rotated, but unfortunately it's pretty much in a fixed position. That is of course if you peg it all the way in. If you leave the peg almost completely loose, but enough to balance the cannon you can pretty much rotate it as much as you may want, but the peg will be completely visable, especially from the back.

My main nitpick is that it's lights are powered by batteries, which I long suspected given that my three other Iron Studio pieces with light up functions are powered by batteries as well. Given that the entire piece is pretty much all wired to a single power source in the back, I don't think it would've added too much work or difficultly to power it via the mains from the base. Especially when you consider that there already are wires to provide power to one of the legs through what I can only assume is a hollow statue. Even so the piece was much heavier than I thought it would be. I may get a soap reactor or some other battery eliminator in the future. And it seems somewhat silly that the baton requires separate button cell batteries given that the hand itself which is holding the baton has its own individual light up function powered by the AAA batteries in the body!

My other nitpick which is more annoying than anything else is that there is a piece/s loose inside the main body of the statue. Sounds like a piece of metal, maybe a screw, and because the piece is hollow whatever is moving around inside makes quite a bit of noise. Have the same issue with my eFX Mjolnir and because of it I sometimes call it my baby's rattle.

Regarding the decals I understand why they used them but I wish they would've used some sort of dry transfer type or machine applied, because as well as they are applied you can notice that they're decals when the light hits them as you see the transparent outline of the 'sticker'.

And the base is at the same standard as the others in the line, which unfortunately means that imo it could've been done better, but it does the job.

My other recommendation is that when assembling this piece, in particular inserting the body in the base, go slowly or possibly risk removing a bit of paint off of the lower leg.

I'm glad I got this piece, and I can't wait until Monday when I get the Winter Soldier in.

IMG_0517.jpg

My pictures from my iPhone really don't do this piece justice. It seems to make it appear narrower/thinner than it actually is.

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

IMG_0527.jpg

IMG_0528.jpg

Now I just have to find a place to display it.

Congrats to Phoenix and all who have gotten WM:clap - just a thought - that no-one so far has said anything like "and the paint is ****" or "can't believe what *&^% this is", or "I feel so ripped off" so think IS is doin' good so far:cool:. And think everyone's pics have been great.:clap

With this being War Machine he's already a big guy, but I believe even so that he may be a bit too big on the 1/4 scale. He completely makes the Falcon diorama piece seem small in comparison.

Maybe that was deliberate for WM, re the CW movie featurette saying WM in the film was supposed to be "like a tank" re the design?

My main nitpick is that it's lights are powered by batteries, which I long suspected given that my three other Iron Studio pieces with light up functions are powered by batteries as well. Given that the entire piece is pretty much all wired to a single power source in the back, I don't think it would've added too much work or difficultly to power it via the mains from the base. Especially when you consider that there already are wires to provide power to one of the legs through what I can only assume is a hollow statue. Even so the piece was much heavier than I thought it would be. I may get a soap reactor or some other battery eliminator in the future. And it seems somewhat silly that the baton requires separate button cell batteries given that the hand itself which is holding the baton has its own individual light up function powered by the AAA batteries in the body!

I dunno why all companies don't give folks options to run lights off a current, if they want.:dunno Maybe because internationally different countries use different currents?

My other nitpick which is more annoying than anything else is that there is a piece/s loose inside the main body of the statue. Sounds like a piece of metal, maybe a screw, and because the piece is hollow whatever is moving around inside makes quite a bit of noise. Have the same issue with my eFX Mjolnir and because of it I sometimes call it my baby's rattle.

Regarding the decals I understand why they used them but I wish they would've used some sort of dry transfer type or machine applied, because as well as they are applied you can notice that they're decals when the light hits them as you see the transparent outline of the 'sticker'.

Well, yeah.

And the base is at the same standard as the others in the line, which unfortunately means that imo it could've been done better, but it does the job.

For me, love these bases:love, the metallic paint, the old industrial vibe. Seem to be a poly core w. plastic around? If I had to nitpick, here, there, I'd say a bit more shading could have been done. But for me, I figure either time, or me doing a bit of paint would fix that - if I want. For me the mixed media - which to me in no way feels cheap - is fine, the pieces are stable and heavy enough already. Also, I figure every extra paint step must add to the cost, so for me am OK without a bit of extra shaded rocks and so on.

I'm glad I got this piece, and I can't wait until Monday when I get the Winter Soldier in.

LOL - one little remark - for me will have me chewing my nails $$$$. My own most-wanted piece:drool, and Falcon is sitting right here.:devil:devil:devil
And PopCultcha seems to be able to ship w. blinding speed. And maybe I can knock the price down w. those PC pennies...:panic::lol but glad you mentioned that OMG.:cool::drool

Was curious how it would fit in a Besta with doors.

Damn is this thing tall. Currently paired him with Falcon (without wings) as a stand in for Winter Soldier (but I've got a feeling his base is wider, and the current pairing just fits in the Besta at those angles).

IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_0536.jpg

IMG_0537.jpg
I don't really care that the doors are covering the base, because as I've mentioned previously I don't really care for them all too much - but I do love these statues.

IMG_0538.jpg
And that's a book under Panthers base in order to fit these two statues together in the one Besta cube.

He is.

Basically, IS is sticking with their larger 1/4 scale sizing they introduced with their AOU line (which seems closer to 1/3 scale).

He completely dwarfs the SS Mk1 and Mk2 WMS.

Not a fan of the lights on this one. They seem weak by comparison (can't tell from the pics) and they sort of bleed through his lenses. The red outlines should've been darker. They appear to be light pink when the lights are on.

20170412_001005_zpsnax0xfao.jpg

20170412_000514_zpsgszighpd.jpg

20170412_001131_zpsrvrazenl.jpg

Back