Wanted

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: customs

Yea, it's only me that has it in for him - he should know that by now.:toast

No I'll have to respectfully disagree with hulkfan and SideshowDusty. Sideshow does indeed have it in for certain people. I know this because I am one of them. How else would you explain the constant disregard for my requests for either a 1/4 Anna Valerious or a 1/4 Selene. :p :naughty ;)

First off, we dust this idea off every once in a while to give SS a swift kick.

It is too easy to rest on one's laurels for previous successful works and not keep one's nose to the grind stone.

Any individual or company can be guity of this. We all make mistakes and get sloppy from time to time.

The constant threat of talent taking away business is ever looming in the background and it often takes the fans and collectors to remind our favorite companies that we do have choices in products.

That said, it is important for us to wait and see what reaction SS has to our concerns, complaints and suggestions. It generally takes 6 months or so to see any noticeable results. And that said, SS now knows we will be watching for a reaction.

About the replacements: most problems we can see can be repaired with dilligent repainting. It seems silly to repeat the work of others rather than repairing mistakes, if any.

In lines like Buffy and others, there is bound to be new and improved product. For those who have seen some of the samples of new works, we know that it is coming.

SS just needs to know that its customers do care about quality and that the work of its staff is not going unappreciated. There is not much worse that not noticing how good the excellent work is. It feels like :bang

If you don't demand quality and show that you appreciate it, a lot of enthusiasm is taken out of the artists doing the high quality work.

If Sideshow does not satisfy the needs of its customeers, they know very well that there is Gentle Giant, Neca, BBi,Art Asylum, Palisades, MacFarlane, etc, etc all ready to fill the void.

From time to time, everyone needs a reminder. It is the fans' job to remind them either good or bad.

Right! Listen up! Stop all this squabbling now!
(Yeah OK my kids are on 9 weeks summer vacation so I'm getting real used to yelling in a voice that would make R.Lee Ermey shiver!)
I love this board because people are so varied in their opinions and the amount of mutual respect is awe inspiring. Looks like I missed a humdinger with Dooley dissing Ironman, but at the end of the day we are all here because we invest a lot of time (and money) in S/S, either by working there (for all you lucky people sweltering in the Valley), or by buying the labours (UK spelling!!!) of their love to display on our shelves.
Not all S/S product is perfect but it's by far the best on the market in very many areas.
So thanks to the Sideshow people for their friendly and constructive comments. (Sorry Dusty, I know I'm fickle but Andy is my hero again after some optimistic Buffy comments he made in another thread!!!) and Ironman thanks for your support in my quest for a figure that Dave (quite reasonably) said would not sell so would probably not be made.
I will continue to plead for what I personally regard to be essential figures, in the full knowledge that the commercial interests of Sideshow must prevail, or there will be no Sideshow!!!
Like Miskatonic Nick, I just don't want another 90% complete collection, which we shall now call the "Crusher" syndrome after the missing member of our Star Trek TNG 12" collections.
So Dave, I want Monica Reyes and Skinner and as my Mom says "he who wants never gets" but hell I'm gonna keep on whining!
:grouphug ,:toast

Oh hell, Mrs TVdude still hasn't forgiven me for lusting after Dusty:thwak

lines

I agree Sideshow figures, while picked upon on this board thanks to the high expectations they've set for themselves, still have the best 12" figures. The news that they may be slowing down on certain lines to concentrate on more universally popular and lucrative lines is a smart business move but takes away from the attention the smaller lines have recieved from them in the past, attention well deserved. While the Buffy lines future, for instance, remains to be seen I'll keep buying them while Sideshow is making them. After that I'll turn to customizing to finish off the cast of characters I want in my collection. Hopefully Sideshow continues such lines and I never have to. I'm glad they have the Star Wars 12" line and was a huge fan of the Lucasverse at one time, but have to admit seeing Star Wars everywhere for almost all of my 34 years has frankly gotten kinda old to me. So I'll stick with the Buffy and Highlander lines until they're depleted then see if anything else comes along to hold my interest.

Back