Walt Disney World and Disneyland(s) Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Backtracking a bit, here's Town Square
dl09292013_081.jpg

And the castle
dl09292013_064.jpg

Lego fun
dl09292013_049.jpg

Thanks, Grenouille!

Here's a few more
DL10122013_003.jpg

DL10122013_004.jpg

DL10122013_023.jpg

DL10122013_017.jpg

DL10122013_021.jpg

A few of the different looks of the Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy projections... scary screams and sounds not included.
DL101202013_034.jpg

DL101202013_036.jpg

DL101202013_039.jpg

DL101202013_040.jpg

Ghost Galaxy is the best! Almost wish it lasted more than the Halloween season.

Haha "almost" being the key word. Ultimately, I don't find it as scary as it should be and it makes the ride feel a little slower because the projections are so bright, you can see the track. But maybe that's because I know the ride so well from all the years riding it.

I do think they need to figure out a way to make it harder to predict where the ghost galaxy is going to show up.

At least the Haunted Mansion goes through Christmas
DL10122013_165.jpg

DL10122013_149.jpg

DL10122013_154.jpg

DL10122013_054.jpg

DL10122013_055.jpg

A new thing they added to the changing portraits is that a ghost of Zero flies in throughout
DL10122013_058.jpg

DL10122013_059.jpg

DL10122013_056.jpg

DL10122013_057.jpg

DL10122013_062.jpg

Really dug the little changes to the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay.

In regards to Ghost Galaxy, I agree it is a bit to bright with the projections, and they could stand to update it a bit, but the overall experience is pretty awesome. The music is, in my opinion, light years better than the normal version.

I'm like you, light or dark, I know all the turns and drops in SM by heart.

Yeah, the 'seeing the track' doesn't bother me, since in my mind I can basically see the track anyway.

I wouldn't mind them starting GG a bit earlier in the year, as later wouldn't make sense.

Why did I come into this thread? I was in WDW a month ago and I'm dying to get back already. We went twice this year. We went to Mickey's Halloween which was great! Splash Mountain at night, during fireworks is...magical. We still have candy from the trick or treating.

Great pics guys. I'm guessing TNBC pics are from Disneyland??

Why did I come into this thread? I was in WDW a month ago and I'm dying to get back already. We went twice this year. We went to Mickey's Halloween which was great! Splash Mountain at night, during fireworks is...magical. We still have candy from the trick or treating.

Great pics guys. I'm guessing TNBC pics are from Disneyland??

Yah, the Nightmare Before Christmas layover is only in Disneyland and Tokyo Disneyland.

I really want to getting Disneyland some time. The air fare is brutal from my end, though. My son would be in absolute heave in Cars land. Plus I'd really like to see California.

I really want to getting Disneyland some time. The air fare is brutal from my end, though. My son would be in absolute heave in Cars land. Plus I'd really like to see California.

Yah, you gotta do that trip! There's plenty of us that can give you some advice too when the time comes.

I hear you. Despite being Disney pervs, when my wife and I were still in NY, we never messed with Disneyland. We really wanted to do the trip, but couldn't rationalize the airfare prices. If we did, it'd be a few day trip instead of the week+ WDW trip, so obviously we went to Florida.

Now that we're here, both resorts are reasonable to get to. CA is close enough that airfare is low (sort of), and we can do the 3-4 night trips that would make no sense back east.

Of course, for you, it makes no financial sense to fly to DLR for the 3-4 days DLR needs at most. But if you can rent a car, maybe do Universal or something and make it a week trip, DLR is great. I'm WDW 4 Lyfe, but I'm not one of those idiotic "I prefer this so the other one sucks" people. DLR is awesome, and is a must do for any Disney fan. Seriously, I think it literally is required.

I'm WDW 4 Lyfe, but I'm not one of those idiotic "I prefer this so the other one sucks" people. DLR is awesome, and is a must do for any Disney fan. Seriously, I think it literally is required.

Oh I am! :::raises hand:::

WDW sucks! :nana:

:lol

That does look pretty cool. I love the Small World Christmas theme. It's actually the only time of the year I'll ride Small World. The other 10 months you couldn't pay me to sit through that torturous experience.

That does look pretty cool. I love the Small World Christmas theme. It's actually the only time of the year I'll ride Small World. The other 10 months you couldn't pay me to sit through that torturous experience.

LOL, I've gotten to the point where it no longer bothers me. It's definitely not a "let's go on it every trip" but it's not something I'd say no to if someone really wanted to do it.

I suppose things change when any trip is an opportunity to get better photos.

Back