Walt Disney World and Disneyland(s) Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new effects look awesome. On my next trip, I look forward to seeing them during one of the two hours a day the ride isn't broken.

haha, maybe it's a matter of odds because it's only been shut down on me once or twice..... in my lifetime. I'd so want to be on the ride when it shuts down though. Just to be evacuated and to walk through the ride would be awesome.

haha, maybe it's a matter of odds because it's only been shut down on me once or twice..... in my lifetime. I'd so want to be on the ride when it shuts down though. Just to be evacuated and to walk through the ride would be awesome.

The first DLR trip I took after it opened was in 2010, and have been there four times since. Every trip, every day, it was closed for a minimum of four hours. Some days longer than that, and my last trip it was completely closed.

But yeah, that'd be one of my favorite rides to have to walk out from.

The Indiana Jones ride broke down during my last visit to Disneyland. Unfortunately, I wasn't riding the ride at the time but was waiting in line. I was in that little room that shows that Salla video. They played that over and over for awhile. Then some over head lights came on and the Salla video was turned off. They even turned off the sound of the projector in the background. It was funny to see the projector reel still spin without the sound effect. :rotfl

All the while my son needed to use the bathroom. :clap

Just another "magic moment" at Disneyland. :wink1:

Heading out to test the Magic Bands again this weekend. Finally got in the group that gets to personalize the bands! I'll take some pics.

Heading out to test the Magic Bands again this weekend. Finally got in the group that gets to personalize the bands! I'll take some pics.

Please do, and also let us know how it works and how you like them.

I'll do a writeup with photos. The magicbands are great if you are a planner. You get three fastpasses scheduled before hand for the day. I've heard people argue that is limited but how many do people normally get? The current plan only allows for one fastpass per ticket at a time and then the best rides run out before you get back to them. With this system you'll have the fastpasses before you ever step foot in the park. Plus you can even change the times and rides during the day through a phone app in case you know you'll miss your time.

I'll do a writeup with photos. The magicbands are great if you are a planner. You get three fastpasses scheduled before hand for the day. I've heard people argue that is limited but how many do people normally get? The current plan only allows for one fastpass per ticket at a time and then the best rides run out before you get back to them. With this system you'll have the fastpasses before you ever step foot in the park. Plus you can even change the times and rides during the day through a phone app in case you know you'll miss your time.

I agree it is awesome and I think three is plenty. I think last year we only managed to get two fast passes a day for the Toy Story ride at Disney Studios. We managed to ride it three times a day I think. Right away in the morning, got a fast pass, then rode it, then went back for the fast pass then we could usually get one more.

On an average day, we'd have maybe 8-10. The "one at a time" concept isn't true, since when you get a FP for Toy Story or some other attraction that has a wait time much later on, they just make you wait about an hour before getting your next one. A lot of this reasoning is geared towards people who show up to parks at noon, and are surprised that Soarin' is booked until 9PM at best.

And with the scheduling, won't that depend on availability? I'd assume there'd be a limit to how many FPs can be in a certain time window. So if you realize you can't make your reserved Test Track FP time slot, and want to reschedule it, that time slot might already be filled up.

As for some specifics I've been trying to find out - So it is only three per day, full stop? Not three per day per park? And what about the park hopping aspect? Right now, it says 3 per day in one park, and that you can't book multiple parks.

I thought that was for the "Fastpass+" system. Not normal Fastpasses.

My understanding is that Fastpass+ is very limited quantity pre-reservation Fastpasses issued before you get into the park. Regular Fastpasses are taken from kiosks outside the rides, like always. They limit the numbers on Fastpass+ so the Fastpass+ people can't take all the Fastpasses before the regular Fastpass people even get to the park.

My understanding was that you could choose either Fastpass or Fastpass+ ... but not both. They may be using the armband beta testing to also beta test Fastpass+.

SnakeDoc

The new effects look awesome. On my next trip, I look forward to seeing them during one of the two hours a day the ride isn't broken.

Ha ha ha, the last three times i went to the park it has been broken while i was in line, just got off the ride or was walking up to it. :mad:

I went on Sunday to ride Indy again. Hopped right on! hahaha I feel bad for you guys.

Has anyone been to Disney world for halloween? We are thinking of going second week of October. We have been there before, but not during this season. Do they decorate the parks alot?
Thanks!

I was at Disney last week and noticed the changes on the Indy ride!
Had a blast, one day @ Disneyland and one day @ California Adventure... I finally got on California Screamin' :panic:

Sorry to hear about your camera Coheteboy :(... love all your pics...

Has anyone been to Disney world for halloween? We are thinking of going second week of October. We have been there before, but not during this season. Do they decorate the parks alot?
Thanks!

It's a lot of fun. The parks get decorated, but it's mostly MK that gets the Halloween love.

The Halloween Party is great, and worth the extra admission.

Horror Nights over at USF is amazing, should you be so inclined.

Thanks!

Yeah the Magic Kingdom is decorated and lit up for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. My favorite is the ghost lady that tells stories outside the line for the Haunted Mansion and the Headless Horseman riding through the park

Thanks for the responses!
Is the park decorated alot for halloween?
And are the characters dressed in halloween costumes all of the time or just at mickeys not so scary party?

Thanks!

This is my absolute, favorite time to go. Time it so you are there for the Halloween party and food and wine festival. Like going this time of year, even over Christmas time. Food you can try at Epcot is really good and the candy you get from the party, you,will be eating for a year....

Yes, Magic Kingdom will be decorated the entire time. They will have a lot of villains out that you don't normally get to see.

Back