Walt Disney World and Disneyland(s) Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone aware of the dates in November that usually offer free dining? I know teachers convention is off, but we are going after.

On Friday the 13th, both Disneyland and Disney's Hollywood Studios had Friday the 13th Parties going on until 1am. I heard reports of DHS running out of food hours before closing. That's ridiculous!!

I never cared much for Nightmare Before Christmas (it's okay, but I found it a bit... boring?) But the Haunted Mansion remodel is just done so well.

What's funny (not really, I guess, but to me) is that the first time I re-visited DLR as an adult was in 2010. I've been there there three other times since then, and have yet to see DLR's normal HM. The timing of my trips has either been when the NBC remodel is in effect, or when it's closed for remodeling.

And that is why Florida never does anything like this. They don't like to take a chance that anyone would come to the park when something they want to do is closed.

At Disneyland, they kinda don't care and know that people will return eventually. All the way back when Disneyland was the only thing around, i mean... they had no choice but to close things when it needed to be closed.

Actually, Disneyland wasn't a 7 day operation back then either It was closed several days a week to fix everything.

It's a shame that WDW doesn't get seasonal or extensive renovations like HM and Space Mountain respectively. But it makes sense, given where the average guest is coming from, how long they're staying, etc.

It's a shame that WDW doesn't get seasonal or extensive renovations like HM and Space Mountain respectively. But it makes sense, given where the average guest is coming from, how long they're staying, etc.

It's completely understandable...

but on that same token, I don't think there's enough rides for WDW to stay afloat if one does inevitably goes down. If you're in the Magic Kingdom (the most attraction heavy park in WDW) and Space Mountain goes down, all you have left is Big Thunder Mountain Railroad to satisfy your coaster needs in that park. For other coasters you'd have to go to Rock N Roller Coaster and Everest and then that's it.

Right now at disneyland Big Thunder has been closed all year and will be closed for even longer but... there's still Matterhorn Bobsleds, Space Mountain, and California Screamin within walking distance for coasters.

Whoa.... I think Disneyland and WDW are tied in the coaster category. Gadget's Go Coaster cancel's out The Great Goofini and Goofy's Sky School cancels out the Primeval Whirl.

It won't be until Seven Dwarfs Mine finally opens where Florida has the upper hand. And it's about time! Lookin' forward to seeing that one.

I think part of that is definitely knowing the inherent risks of a ride being down, and what you're going to get at either US Disney resort. If you want heavy thrills, go to Busch Gardens or even Universal (more so in FL for Universal).

So if I went and BTM or SM was closed, I'd definitely be disappointed, but considering you know your coaster fix won't be very easily satisfied at Disney, it's less heartbreaking. I'd be more sad if one of the more unique to Disney rides was down, like Soarin, Kilimanjaro, or Tower.

I think part of that is definitely knowing the inherent risks of a ride being down, and what you're going to get at either US Disney resort. If you want heavy thrills, go to Busch Gardens or even Universal (more so in FL for Universal).

So if I went and BTM or SM was closed, I'd definitely be disappointed, but considering you know your coaster fix won't be very easily satisfied at Disney, it's less heartbreaking. I'd be more sad if one of the more unique to Disney rides was down, like Soarin, Kilimanjaro, or Tower.

They're all Disney classics to me in a sense... and the reason I prefer Disney at the end of the day. I love the extreme coasters that places like six flags or Busch gardens provide, but omg, if they did them disney style? I could easily go there more often than once every few years.

Batman roller coaster especially is something that should have been enclosed and in the dark, gliding through skyscrapers and bat caves. Could you imagine?

They're all Disney classics to me in a sense... and the reason I prefer Disney at the end of the day. I love the extreme coasters that places like six flags or Busch gardens provide, but omg, if they did them disney style? I could easily go there more often than once every few years.

Oh no, I definitely know what you mean. I love BTM, SM (especially DLR's), Everest, etc. But to me they're like a Disney attraction that is a coaster, not a coaster in a Disney park. Screamin' is probably the exception to that, because while it might be the 'best' coaster, it's the least Disneyfied to me. So while they are coasters, and are obviously a different ride experience than Splash Mountain or Living With the Land, they all boil down to a Disney park experience. I just mean that "coaster needs" at Disney kind of go away for me, it's just different kinds of fun. That said, I'd sure as hell rather go on Space Mountain ten times than Storybook Land Boats.

Batman roller coaster especially is something that should have been enclosed and in the dark, gliding through skyscrapers and bat caves. Could you imagine?

That would be amazing. I think a ride vehicle like Big Bad Wolf's would work well for something like that.

Halloween is returning to Disneyland Paris again and judging from the first pictures of various bloggers and twitter feeds it looks amazing. It's a shame I won't be attending it this year since the Halloween theme is so much fun.

Walt's American Restaurant during Halloween by mnewcourt, on Flickr

My next trip to Disneyland Paris is planned for January 2014 and I'll be able to just catch the Christmas season. From what I've read this Christmas season could be very jolly indeed with a new dreams show and such.

Ofcourse I'll try to shoot us much pictures as I can. In the mean time for the new one's in this thread. Check out my
Disneyland Paris sets.

And some pictures I haven't posted here.

Flo's V8 Cafe by mnewcourt, on Flickr

Hyperion by mnewcourt, on Flickr

Hyperion by mnewcourt, on Flickr

Alien by mnewcourt, on Flickr

Some Discoveryland detail shots:

Discovery land by mnewcourt, on Flickr

To close the post with.

Sleeping Beauty Castle by mnewcourt, on Flickr

Thank you for the Paris pics! Wow, that Discoveryland thing is falling to pieces!

Halloweentime is at Disneyland too!
dl09292013_081.jpg

dl09292013_064.jpg

The Markethouse, which used to be a quaint little coffee/candy store has been completely gutted and re-opened as a Starbucks. It looks nice and will serve the park guests well but a part of me is sad because I used to work in that shop and there is zero resemblance of what it used to be inside. (also gutted was the Disneyana shop next door to become seating)
dl09292013_079.jpg

Oh and at the entrance of the park, the fabulous five are presented as pumpkins:
dl09292013_004.jpg

dl09292013_002.jpg

dl09292013_001.jpg

dl09292013_003.jpg

dl09292013_005.jpg

The last time I was at a Disney part was DLR for last Halloween. So spacing out while looking at those pics made me think, "Oh yeah, I was just there... Wait, no I wasn't."

Heading up to Disneyland Sun and Mon, will be the second time in 2 weeks. Pretty stoked to finally see the Mickey and the Magical Map show, missed it last week.

Funny, no matter how many times I go I still do the countdown and get super giddy.

:yess:

Heading up to Disneyland Sun and Mon, will be the second time in 2 weeks. Pretty stoked to finally see the Mickey and the Magical Map show, missed it last week.

Funny, no matter how many times I go I still do the countdown and get super giddy.

:yess:

You've got the Disney spirit! :clap

Here's some decorations in Frontierland.
dl09292013_015.jpg

dl09292013_017.jpg

dl09292013_019.jpg

dl09292013_018.jpg

And the Big Thunder Ranch area is all pumpkined o ut
dl09292013_020.jpg

dl09292013_026.jpg

dl09292013_027.jpg

dl09292013_030.jpg

Back