Walt Disney World and Disneyland(s) Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw them as well last week, a park representative gave my wife and I demo. He said you can get Fast Pass tickets and make reservations in advance using the app and bracelet. No need to run through the park trying to get fast passes. Looks promising.

Completely unrelated ... I did get to see the new MagicBands in action at WDW ... wristbands with RFID chips that replace park tickets, fastpasses, Fastpass+, photopasses, room keys, dining reservations, etc.

I didn't have one, personally. They're apparently in limited use for people staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge and Contemporary, but will be rolled out at WDW later this year. They look nice and durable. People who had them could simply waive them in front of a Mickey-ear thing at the front of the park, or fastpass kiosk, or fastpass entrance, or whatever ...

disney-magic-band-elite-daily.jpg

dis-magicband-7.jpg

Looks like it would save the hassle of having to shuffle through a pocket full of fastpasses, ticket/roomkeys, photopasses, etc. to do anything.

SnakeDoc

I knew the USF HP area was eating a bunch of Amity, but I didn't realize it was the whole space.

My negative feelings regarding Transformers have been downgraded from "annoyed" to "meh".

Do we know how the logistics of the new HP addition will work. Like, if you buy a 1 day 1 park ticket, can you only do each park's HP attractions?

I think you have to buy a 2 park ticket to be able to ride the train.
But if you buy a 1 park ticket you cannot ride it. (I know it sounds obvious but oh well :dunno )

Islands and the old park will be connected by the train but that's it. Each side will be apart from each other.

I forgot to mention that the Gringotts Wizarding Bank roller coaster will have 3D screens too. So it is kind of like the Mummy ride. Half of the ride is 3D the other half of the ride is roller coaster.

I Think Voldemort might make an appearance but that is only a rumor right now

Also, the top of the building will have a moving Dragon on the outside of the ride. I guess it will be an animatronic but it is not going to be inside the ride, you will be able to see it outside in the street

potter-usf-car-front.jpg

potter-usf-car-rear.jpg

My wife and I skipped this year's Disney trip in order to knock down some bills. Not having an annual trip was, to us, a herculean effort.

Now, the planning for June 2014 begins. This must be what a crackhead feels like when they get a fix.

For those wondering what the train between the HP sections will be like then I'd suggest watching this video of King Kong 3d at Universal California. Should be the exact same technology. And nothing has been finalized on how tickets will work between the sections.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGeTHueErfE[/ame]

Obviously they are not going to let you in to both parks with the price of one ticket.
They also cannot close both Potter sides of the park to have people only go to that and paying the price of one ticket.
people will most likely have to get the two park ticket to go on the train and stuff.

One GREAT thing about that new Mickey's Magical Map show is that King Louie, my favorite Disney character of all time, FINALLY gets an upgraded suit!

f74l.jpg

I can't wait to see him in the new show... this recent technology of costumed characters having moving facial parts is really amazing! I'm glad that King Louie got this upgrade!:clap

Hope this new design finds it's way to the walk-around (sans moving parts) version. Here's a shot of him in a parade from our last visit:

winter2012disneyland201.jpg

What's up with his hair? King Louie is NOT bald! :gah:

Although, I myself have been losing quite a bit up there. :monkey2

I never noticed this before but, comparing it to the new version, the old face looks like he's tripping on acid :horror

For those wonderinthang what the train between the HP sections will be like then I'd suggest watching this video of King Kong 3d at Universal California. Should be the exact same technology. And nothing has been finalized on how tickets will work between the sections.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGeTHueErfE

That attraction is awesome. Much better than the older puppet they had before the fire claimed it.

The entire tram is sitting on a pneumatic platform and so theres bumps and vibrations throughout the entire sequence. :clap

That attraction is awesome. Much better than the older puppet they had before the fire claimed it.

The entire tram is sitting on a pneumatic platform and so theres bumps and vibrations throughout the entire sequence. :clap

I Think that's how the Potter train ride will be too. The train gets attacked or something along those lines. so it will be awesome.

https://micechat.com/37890-miceage-tomorrowland-starwars/

Meanwhile, Disney’s purchase 10 months ago of Lucasfilm turned the plans to remake Disneyland’s Tomorrowland on its ear. Out were ride concepts based on Tron and Marvel, and in was a Star Wars invasion of nearly the entire land. Disneyland operations teams don’t want the park in construction mode for the 60th Anniversary, so the plan to remake Tomorrowland is now being broken up into two phases.

The first phase is planned to get underway this winter with the closing of Captain EO and major “placemaking” work on the existing buildings that mostly date from 1967. The 15 months of work would wrap up by early spring 2015 in time for the 60th, and leave a new Star Wars 3D movie in the old Captain EO theater, new destinations programmed into Star Tours based on the seventh Star Wars movie to be released in summer 2015, and a freshened aesthetic to the buildings surrounding Space Mountain. Once the 60th Anniversary begins to wind down, the real work begins on plans to build a Star Wars speeder bike coaster on the old PeopleMover tracks, plus more Star Wars eye candy and freshened facilities throughout the land.

The biggest of the Star Wars offerings wouldn’t open until after the 60th is over, and the construction in Anaheim’s Tomorrowland would be in conjunction to a similar Star Wars expansion for Disney’s Hollywood Studios out in WDW.

Sounds good!

In sad news, my camera was swiped while I was at Disneyland sunday night. So I'm mega sad. It's like losing a limb. I still have most of my lenses and my flash, but gone is my whole day of photography, Canon 5D Mark II, and my 24-70 mm lens That's about $4000 worth of stuff.

I'm gonna go into a corner and cry now.

Sounds good!

In sad news, my camera was swiped while I was at Disneyland sunday night. So I'm mega sad. It's like losing a limb. I still have most of my lenses and my flash, but gone is my whole day of photography, Canon 5D Mark II, and my 24-70 mm lens That's about $4000 worth of stuff.

That is freaking awful!

OMG!! Dude that's horrible!! So sorry man. It was definitely swiped and not lost? Maybe someone turned it in?

Sounds good!

OMG!! Dude that's horrible!! So sorry man. It was definitely swiped and not lost? Maybe someone turned it in?

If someone turned it in, I definitely would have found it that night, as there was a cast member (face paint station) just 2-5 feet away from the bench I was on.

A good person would have:

a) said "hey, you forgot your camera!"

or

b) turned it in to the cast member nearby

or

c) returned it to city hall

But the more I think about it, the more I don't think I left my camera. There was a family two benches away.... when I returned to the scene, that same family was spread out over the three benches including the one I was on. They recognized that I was there earlier and even got up to look for the camera..... but the people next to me were long gone.

I know it was the person who sat on the bench next to me... but i was too glued to my darn phone to notice.

Back