Walt Disney World and Disneyland(s) Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the scores were announced for the Scavenger Hunt. Out of 498 teams, my team came in 16th. Not too shabby! I was pretty sure we were in the top 100... not the top 20!

So.. in retrospect, what kept us out of the top 10 (only 25 points away from that)?

Couple things I can think of that were pretty big:

1. Hotels. We didn't do hardly ANY of this zone but these hotels are so small that it would have been so easy to knock out the answers for all three hotels in no time at all.

2. Wasted time going on rides. There's so many questions that you definitely won't be able to cover it all. Skipping rides that had few points would have saved a lot of time. For example.. Pirates of the Caribbean gave us 3 points but cost us 15 minutes. We also wasted our time on Indiana Jones and we ALMOST wasted time going on splash mountain.

Thanks for the tips, I'll keep those in mind. Dunno if my team would be able to pass by the rides though. :lol What were the prizes like, or was it just for ____s and giggles? If its the latter I'm definitely hitting up the rides, score be damned.

Thanks for the tips, I'll keep those in mind. Dunno if my team would be able to pass by the rides though. :lol What were the prizes like, or was it just for ____s and giggles? If its the latter I'm definitely hitting up the rides, score be damned.

$3000 worth in disney goodies. It was a large box. I didn't really pay attention.

Let's see 3000 dollars in Disney goodies divided by four... No rides it is. :lol

Yah if you think about it though, it's a 2 day scavenger hunt for WDW and on top of that, 2 days of Destination D which is like a comic-con panel type set-up where you sit and watch all day.

That's FOUR DAYS of.... not doing anything vacation-esque. You'll have to be rich or live in Florida to pull that off.

elecTRONica has begun at Disney California Adventure! I'll go check it out this weekend and report my findings. :)

Yah if you think about it though, it's a 2 day scavenger hunt for WDW and on top of that, 2 days of Destination D which is like a comic-con panel type set-up where you sit and watch all day.

That's FOUR DAYS of.... not doing anything vacation-esque. You'll have to be rich or live in Florida to pull that off.

Lucky for me I can be from my front door to Magic Kingdom's front gate in about 45 minutes. It'd be 30 if it weren't for the seven seas lagoon. :lol

:lol Dunno if I'll do the other parts. I'm not a member of D23, is Destination D only open to members? I should probably join, but I figure its more temptation than I need.

:lol Dunno if I'll do the other parts. I'm not a member of D23, is Destination D only open to members? I should probably join, but I figure its more temptation than I need.

I *think* destination D is only open to members because it's a more limited event as opposed to the Disney Expo.

Here's a few random Disneyland shots. ELECTRONICA shots tomorrow!

I really want this collectible:
IMG_0345.jpg

Inside Snow White queue
IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_0615.jpg

Why is a raven like a writing desk?
IMG_0342.jpg

Haunted Mansion Holiday
IMG_0511.jpg

Leota
IMG_0566.jpg

Jack
IMG_0586.jpg

IMG_0594.jpg

Oogie Boogie
IMG_0610.jpg

Re: Walt Disney World and Dineyland(s) Discussion

Okay, one of my favorite things in all of WDW -

ry%3D400

I always shoot the Partners statue from the back. I think because it reminds me of that classic Babe Ruth photo.

Wow that's pretty cool.. :)

That's insane. I'm disappointed I didn't get to see security cart his sorry ass off.

From what I heard, that man was arrested and banned from Disney property. He can face criminal charges for using a baby as a weapon. Bus driver is on paid leave while they investigate.

Went to Disneyland again yesterday for a friend's birthday. It was packed but fun. Here's some shots...

Haunted Mansion Holiday
DL10242010_008.jpg

DL10242010_009.jpg

45 minute wait
DL10242010_011.jpg

The band is playing outside
DL10242010_024.jpg

A better shot of Leota than last time w/ Teddy in the background
DL10242010_036.jpg

The Oogie Boogie animatronic
DL10242010_067.jpg

Big Thunder Mountain