Walt Disney World and Disneyland(s) Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a pretty great shirt.

My wife and I have discussed buying into Polynesian as our second DVC home resort. This would be once the dust has settled. I know you can say 'they should have researched it', but I genuinely feel bad for anyone who's stayed at the Polynesian recently. It is an absolute disaster right now with the construction. But while I haven't stayed there yet (I've wandered around, and seen plenty from the monorail), I am very excited for it. Unlimited Dole Whip doesn't hurt, either.

And the Orlando Trader Sam's better get that Hawaiian burger with the pineapple ring. :drool:drool:drool

edit: Regarding the "Trader Sam's = Indy movies" theory - I hope that means Orlando doesn't get the equivalent of Temple. :gah:

edit: Regarding the "Trader Sam's = Indy movies" theory - I hope that means Orlando doesn't get the equivalent of Temple. :gah:

You take that back! While Raiders is the best Indy movie, Temple is my favorite. FAVORITE. I love it. I watch that one more often because it's fun. It also is bigger, bolder, more fun... and that's what you want a tiki bar to be.

You take that back! While Raiders is the best Indy movie, Temple is my favorite. FAVORITE. I love it. I watch that one more often because it's fun. It also is bigger, bolder, more fun... and that's what you want a tiki bar to be.

Hmm... okay I'll buy that logic for a tiki bar.

But for me, Temple is a VERY far third. Temple should be happy Crystal Skull came along with its fridges and vines, and Le Beefs, just so KOTCS enabled Temple to lose the "worst" title.

Hmm... okay I'll buy that logic for a tiki bar.

But for me, Temple is a VERY far third. Temple should be happy Crystal Skull came along with its fridges and vines, and Le Beefs, just so KOTCS enabled Temple to lose the "worst" title.

Haha, I love Temple of Doom. It's campy and out there, but man the action is so good. The music is the best of the three and it pretty much set the tone for every Indiana Jones ride out there (with some booby traps from Raiders thrown in the mix).

Crystal Skull... there is nothing redeeming from that movie. Nothing. And yet, when it's on, I can't turn away.

Haha, I love Temple of Doom. It's campy and out there, but man the action is so good. The music is the best of the three and it pretty much set the tone for every Indiana Jones ride out there (with some booby traps from Raiders thrown in the mix).

For me, Temple is okay, but it really suffers in comparison to the other two. And despite being set in the same era, Temple feels the most 80's of the three by far.

And normally I get that car crash mentality for being unable to avoid movies, but I have literally never watched two minutes of that KOTCS on TV. Once in the theater, never again.

I don't mind TOD so much, but agree that its definitely third in my book from the trilogy, with Raiders first, and Last Crusade second.

They're all my favorites!

Really what it is, is that as entertaining as Last Crusade is, it's more comedy and light than I really want it to be, as if they were trying to compensate for how dark Temple of Doom got. Raiders is pretty much perfect and set the tone. Temple of Doom went way dark and crazy (but I loved it), and Last Crusade was too funny. It's good comedy, don't get me wrong... but just a tad too much.

But anyway... weren't we talking about Trader Sam's? :)

Attraction Posters (30 different) from the Japan parks via a magazine called "Disney Resort":

Disney Resort Story #08 Attraction Poster (Swiss Family Treehouse) copy.jpg
Disney Resort Story #06 Attraction Poster (Journey to the Center of the Earth) copy.jpg
Disney Resort Story #07 Attraction Poster (Big Thunder Mountain) copy.jpg
Disney Resort Story #05 Attraction Poster (Country Bear Theater) copy.jpg

Last edited:
I love this thread, and hate it at the same time because it immediately brings back my desire to go to WDW. I should upload my pictures from 2 years ago when I was there last.

So what's the big focal point then for that park? Did they or do they plan on replacing it with something? Anyway, here are some pictures from my last visit. The quality isn't the best, but not terrible.

P1010479.JPG

P1010480.JPG

P1010496.JPG

P1010517.JPG

P1010523.JPG

My wife has never seen HS without the hat. She is sad to see it go. It just wasn't as iconic as the other three and they happen to serve a purpose. We won't be back till next Christmas, so we won't get to see it again. With the closing of the back lot tour and American idol, HS will be going through some major changes. Hopefully they close that terrible Pirates "ride"

Back