VTS Toys - The Revenger Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I explained earlier, Punisher has the huge white skull on his chest on purpose to serve as his symbol, and it's a huge target for his enemies to shoot at, but it's where he has the most body armor protection. It was in a Punisher issue where he himself explains it. I just can't remember which issue.

Good for you. I realy don't care what one random writer wrote, Punisher as a villains wore tons of white, it doesn't make sense in a tactical manner, plus its obviously based on War Zone, which has a lightly sprayed symbol, so the lightly dusted white skull makes tons more sense. Don't remember Stevenson making a goofy speech about his skull being a beacon for bullets fired midline. :lecture

Last edited:
I was in a panic to secure pre-orders for this, believing, in light of the prices of the Art Figures versions and the general popularity of the character, it would sell out fast.

I'm surprised to see that OSB still has them available.

The 'Revenger' must be a well kept secret!

I think it will sell well enough, but I think you're right, it doesn't seem to have gotten the press that some figs do.

Good for you. I realy don't care what one random writer wrote, Punisher as a villains wore tons of white, it doesn't make sense in a tactical manner, plus its obviously based on War Zone, which has a lightly sprayed symbol, so the lightly dusted white skull makes tons more sense. Don't remember Stevenson making a goofy speech about his skull being a beacon for bullets fired midline.

This is also taken straight from Punisher's wikipedia page:
"The bright white skull in his chest is used both to intimidate his enemies and to lure their fire to the more heavily protected area of his armor. The design was supposedly taken from a Vietcong sniper he fought against during the Vietnam War."

This has been widely regarded as part of Punisher's backstory so it's not just some random writer. It's part of his character. If we're really talking about tactical advantage, why bother paint a faded skull on the chest at all then? Just go plain back or urban camo or something. He has a bright white skull in every iteration he's ever been in in the comics, including the MAX series which is suppose to be more realistic and mature. The skull is there for a reason so for the director to fade the skull actually makes little to no sense. BTW, I'm not trying to start an argument with you. Just sharing some facts I know about him since I'm a HUGE Punisher fan. I know you don't like the skull and that's fine, I'm just pointing out why the skull is important to his character.

Its obviously taken from certain writers, even on the Wiki, and still has nothing to do with the Warzone Punisher this reps. If you don't like the faded tactical skull maybe you should be doing Ebay searches for "Medicom Punisher" which sounds right up your alley. The only thing I could see them changing about the skull, as others who actually understand the source have already said, is making it the actual skull design used in Warzone, but the fade is actually damn close to perfect.

Lets agree to disagree at this point; I think 99% of the posters here regardless of what they plan to do with the figure understand what is is supposed to be.

Lets agree to disagree at this point; I think 99% of the posters here regardless of what they plan to do with the figure understand what is is supposed to be

not a problem. Like I said, I'm not here to argue with you. On a side not, I actually painted my Art Saves figure's skull bright white. I'll probably to it to this figure too. Just my preference. Regardless, this figure looks phenomenal.

not a problem. Like I said, I'm not here to argue with you. On a side not, I actually painted my Art Saves figure's skull bright white. I'll probably to it to this figure too. Just my preference. Regardless, this figure looks phenomenal.

:duff

Indeed it does.

I'd probably whiten it up, as well as try to get a nice trench to make it look like some of the Bradstreet art, but one, I'm good with the Warzone version and two, I'm lazy :lol

1510479_564606950280509_801679091_n.jpg

Re-posting this because I think the sculpt looks excellent. Works great as a Frank sculpt. :rock

Getting excited for this.

Darn, Fiend -- you got this for a steal at under 100?! and I thought its value can't get any better for the overall package! :)

Can't wait for this figure!

Re-posting this because I think the sculpt looks excellent. Works great as a Frank sculpt. :rock

Getting excited for this.

Awesome looking figure, and glad I ordered it...But in this picture, Im getting kind of a Steven Segal vibe...

Matt

oops...forgot the photo

I'm excited about this figure! I've been getting too used to paying the Hot Toys $200+ for some figures with too few accessories. This is a much welcome breath of fresh air. Anyone have input on the quality of other VTS figures and how they compare?

Back