VTS Toys - The Revenger Sixth Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the update! This turned out to be an impressive piece for $120! I like that the headsculpt became a mix of Ray Stevenson from the movie and Tim Bradstreet's art on Punisher covers :)

I wonder why they put the Thomas Jane Punisher skull on his vest?

attachment.php

So...I'm seeing breakdowns of this figure being sold on Ebay already from Armymenstore (ridiculous prices btw). Does that mean people already have this in hand or what? I thought it was like 4 weeks out from being released. Urban Samurai is the worst at updates. They have no clue what they're doing over there.

Getting mine from Monkey Depot. I hope it's not too much longer of a wait. Some of these figures get delayed for so long I have to double-check that I DID get an order in.

This is the only final product photos I saw online. I wish the figure was futzed better, but at least we get a good view of the headsculpt.

1513327_564606990280505_1479651200_n.jpg

1512499_564606976947173_163531418_n.jpg

379698_564607003613837_1209511670_n.jpg

1526346_564606890280515_461272421_n.jpg

1455874_564606886947182_2039243297_n.jpg

1513258_564606910280513_44171294_n.jpg

1496632_564606876947183_576581202_n.jpg

1510479_564606950280509_801679091_n.jpg

Damn the HS looks great!

I agree. When I started thinking that this is a 1/6 scale figure based on Tim Bradstreet's art and not the War Zone movie, the HS looked even better to my eyes :)

I also think that the paint app is superb. I wish Sideshoe GI Joes would get as good a paintjob as headsculpts from Art Figures, DAM, and Soldier Story.

I agree. When I started thinking that this is a 1/6 scale figure based on Tim Bradstreet's art and not the War Zone movie, the HS looked even better to my eyes.

Exactly :)

I'm using him as a "generic" Punisher and will be customizing him a bit so I was judging the HS on the merits as a generic HS and not as based on Ray Stevenson.

look great overall. My only complaint, and it's same one I had with the Art Saves figure, why is the skull so faded? The skull is meant to be seen as a symbol of fear and a large "target" for Punisher's enemies since that's actually where the most body armor is. As the Punisher explains this himself in one of the books (I forgot which one)

I agree. When I started thinking that this is a 1/6 scale figure based on Tim Bradstreet's art and not the War Zone movie, the HS looked even better to my eyes :)

I also think that the paint app is superb. I wish Sideshoe GI Joes would get as good a paintjob as headsculpts from Art Figures, DAM, and Soldier Story.

:exactly:

Its uncanny, were they trying to make a "better looking" Stevenson or were they going straight up for Bradstreet's look. It can do great as the movie figure (I never cared for the Art figure sculpt it reminded me too much of Bill Murray) or especially as you mention, bradstreet's Punisher.

punishercoverTB.jpg

It was pale in the War Zone film. I think it was on the commentary that the director explained they weren't initially going to use the skull at all, but in the end made a compromise.

I like the faded skull for a couple reasons. If they were going for a "supervillain" fighting Spiderman or Daredevil in the classic Punisher costume I'd agree about a bright skull, but since this is a tactical Punisher, why the hell would you want a bright white skull? :lol

The supervillain Punisher also wears bright white gloves and boots as well which I think are missing for obvious reasons as well.

That's exactly why I like it, reminds me of the Bradstreet covers. I think the sculpt looks great. I dig the box too.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I like the faded skull for a couple reasons. If they were going for a "supervillain" fighting Spiderman or Daredevil in the classic Punisher costume I'd agree about a bright skull, but since this is a tactical Punisher, why the hell would you want a bright white skull?

As I explained earlier, Punisher has the huge white skull on his chest on purpose to serve as his symbol, and it's a huge target for his enemies to shoot at, but it's where he has the most body armor protection. It was in a Punisher issue where he himself explains it. I just can't remember which issue.

Back