Vinyl Collections

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My pre-ordered / belated Christmas presents from my wife arrived yesterday:

JFy9euC.jpg

ECI1jSS.jpg

Congrats. :rock

I bought a new receiver today. Nothing fancy, but it will become the heart of my home theater once I can get more speakers and a PS4. I haven't been able to listen to records since September. Needed speakers, which I have now, but they are not compatible with my old receiver (which was ancient). Problem solved. Tomorrow I have the night off for the first time in 22 days and I will be gorging myself on four months worth of new, unplayed vinyl.

My receiver is definitely the weak link of my setup.

But it's also the piece that's hardest to justify splurging on, when it comes to "difference I'll notice from an upgrade" vs. "cost of a significant upgrade".

I had a Monteverdi from 1979. 25w.

The new one is Sony, 1015w. 7.2 channels at 145w each. It was money I didn't want to spend, but had no choice. I could have done better if I were more patient, I guess, but my thinking on it was exactly as you put it. The difference is not worth the money, and I can't afford a difference that would be.

I'll find out tomorrow if it was a good decision.

Last edited:
I have about 5 boxes of singles and one box of LP's I kept in my basement that had belonged to my grandmother, some pretty old stuff but I haven't really had time to go through it all.

This stuff doesn't really sell for much anymore it seems, or am I wrong?

I have about 5 boxes of singles and one box of LP's I kept in my basement that had belonged to my grandmother, some pretty old stuff but I haven't really had time to go through it all.

Only if newer versions aren't available, or they're something rare.

There's not a ton of rhyme or reason to what keeps value. Like Ween mentioned, if there hasn't been a re-issue, that will obviously help. Other than that, you'll just have to see what they've sold for by checking Completed Listings on eBay. Wild variations.

Victory.

attachment.php

attachment.php

If she has any 78 rpm's you might get lucky.

The triangle is a glass pyramid covering the board. Pieces are 24k gold plated, as are the figures at the corners, details on the board, and the falcon at the peak. Rooks are Luxor-style gates. Knights are cats. Bishops are ankhs. Pawns are falcons. King and queen are pharaonic burial masks.

Franklin Mint made it in the early 2000's.

Back