Vinyl Collectible Star Wars Dolls

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just saw your last post, and you're updates help, and I'm 99% sure I just want the 2nd list...not sure what that first list is, but the dolls aren't as cool.

Yeah, those three "mini's" in the regular VCD line are kind of a mystery... but they are smaller than the super-deformed line you are after and don't really fit.

So what does the list I found that has 16, not including the two Boba Fett's have that your list of 16 doesn't and vice versa?
Could be that list I found has some wrong stuff in it?

Vinyl Collectible Dolls Special
  1. MEDVCDSP-022 Star Wars Boba Fett ROTJ Version (WCC18 & StarWarsShop.com Exclusive) 2004
  2. MEDVCDSP-027 Star Wars Darth Vader (Medicom Toy Exhibition 2005 Exclusive) (1505 & 500 split exclusive) 2005
  3. MEDVCDSP-028 Star Wars Boba Fett ESB Version (WCC20 & StarWarsShop.com Exclusive) (1000 & 505 & 500 split exclusive) 2005
  4. MEDVCDSP-039 Star Wars Stormtrooper (WCC21 Exclusive) 2005
  5. MEDVCDSP-053 Star Wars Clone Trooper (Medicom Toy 10th Anniversary Exhibition Exclusive) 2006
  6. MEDVCDSP-058 Star Wars Clone Trooper 501st Blue Version (Blister Direct & SDCC 2006 Exclusive) 1000
  7. MEDVCDSP-065 Star Wars Tie Fighter Pilot (Wonder Festival 2006 Exclusive) (1506 & 500 split exclusvie) 2006
  8. MEDVCDSP-074 Star Wars Shadow Stormtrooper (Wonder Festival 2007 & SDCC 2007 Exclusive) (1507 & 500 split exclusive) 2007
  9. MEDVCDSP-080 Star Wars Royal Guard (Medicom Toy Exhibition 2007 & SDCC 2007 Exclusive) 2007
  10. MEDVCDSP-090 Star Wars C-3PO (Blister Direct Exclusive)
  11. MEDVCDSP-093 Star Wars Shadow Guard (SDCC Exclusive)
  12. MEDVCDSP-095 Star Wars Darth Vader Over-Size (Blister Direct & Sideshow Exclusive) (400 & 600 split exlcusive) 1000
  13. MEDVCDSP-098 Star Wars TC-14 The Phantom Menace (Blister Direct Exclusive)
  14. MEDVCDSP-133 Star Wars Yoda
  15. MEDVCDSP-146 Star Wars Darth Maul
  16. MEDVCDSP-161 Star Wars R2-D2
<!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->

1. Black Hole Stormtrooper (2007 SDCC) – 1,000
  2. C-3PO
  3. Clone Trooper
  4. 501st Clonetrooper (2006 SDCC)
  5. Darth Maul
  6. Darth Vader
  7. Darth Vader (Oversized) – 600
  8. Jawa
  9. R2-D2
  10. Royal Guard
  11. Shadow Guard (2008 SDCC) – 600
  12. Stormtrooper
  13. TC-14
  14. TIE Fighter Pilot
  15. Wicket
  16. Yoda

Your list included the "realistic" Yoda, Jawa and Wicket, but didn't include the last three from my list, Yoda, Maul and R2.

Also, here is Medicom's web site that will help you a lot!

https://www.medicomtoy.co.jp/index.html

Once the page opens, you will see a grey box area on the right center. Click the "PRODUCT LIST" link... on the next page you'll see the different product types. Click "VINYL COLLECTIBLE DOLLS" link... you'll then see a list of licenses for the VCD's... click "STAR WARS" link. This will show you a list of all the Star Wars VCDs, regular and special... click on one of the pictures and a description will open. Even though it is in Japanese, you can see the number and whether or not it is in the special line... use something like Goggle Translate if you want to see an approximation of the text (but don't hold your breath!). Also, if you want to see others, be sure and use the "BACK" link at the bottom right corner of the description and not the back button in your web browser or you'll have to start all over again! :rotfl

Let me go see...

(few mins later)

Nice start that would give me huh...wow, why did you buy two of the stormtrooper and royal guards? Just curious. Wonder if I just got all the set but the two doubles if you would do a little cheaper? Maybe I just need two of them anyway...hehehe...for extra support. Oh and why you dumping them now...just curious again.

PM Replied...

Cool, thanks again. So I'd want everyone in that list except the realistic Yoda, Wicket and Jawa?

I think you are after only the ones in the "SPECIAL" VCD line... those are the super-deformed ones, all of the same size. The three mini's, while similar, don't really fit and the Yoda, Wicket and Jawa in the regular line are "realistic" and meant to go with Medicom's 1/6th Star Wars line.

I think you are after only the ones in the "SPECIAL" VCD line... those are the super-deformed ones, all of the same size. The three mini's, while similar, don't really fit and the Yoda, Wicket and Jawa in the regular line are "realistic" and meant to go with Medicom's 1/6th Star Wars line.

Finally I understand! And those would be the ones with MEDVCDSP-### in them, with the SP = Special.

Thanks! Man when I get this set done, and move onto the 1/6 scale ones, I'm going to be learning and asking a lot more questions I just know it.

Finally I understand! And those would be the ones with MEDVCDSP-### in them, with the SP = Special.

Thanks! Man when I get this set done, and move onto the 1/6 scale ones, I'm going to be learning and asking a lot more questions I just know it.

This will help for the 1/6th line...

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33044

...that is our ongoing figure checklist. As you can see, the Medicom listing needs a lot of work... or someone who can read Japanese to translate for me and let me know the names and numbers for a lot of the figures! :rotfl

I found a good price on the Darth Maul on ebay; would you all purchase the insurance for these? How much is insurance usually on something like this?

This will help for the 1/6th line...

or someone who can read Japanese to translate for me and let me know the names and numbers for a lot of the figures! :rotfl

Can't some browsers translate for us? Surely if not, we can find a collector online that knows how to? I would offer up to try to tackle this issue for some benefits...:D

I found a good price on the Darth Maul on ebay; would you all purchase the insurance for these? How much is insurance usually on something like this?

If it is a reputable seller, based on feedback, insurance isn't absolutely necessary due to breakage or anything... these won't get damaged too easy unless the entire package is damaged. Having said that, it is always a good idea to get insurance because you never know when a package will go missing...

Can't some browsers translate for us? Surely if not, we can find a collector online that knows how to? I would offer up to try to tackle this issue for some benefits...:D

Yeah, there are translators like Goggle Translate, etc. but Japanese is very difficult to translate automatically with a browser. I've asked before if any of our Japanese speaking members could translate, but none ever volunteered...

If its not too much more, guess I'll get the insurance, as I'm afraid they'll ship it in a box that gets crushed or something...knowing my luck.

Chris... if you have any Hastings around you check there. I've seen these at the local Hastings in Stillwater and I know they've been discounted in the past.

Chris... if you have any Hastings around you check there. I've seen these at the local Hastings in Stillwater and I know they've been discounted in the past.

Ok, thanks, I think the only Hastings I know if is in Norman.
Where the Sooners just :whip the Cowboys last night. JK!

Looks like Hastings sells a nice lot of the 12" sideshow figures...

Last edited:
Back