Vinyl Collectible Star Wars Dolls

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisMc73

Freakalicious
Reaction score
So I think I've decided to jump on these as my first try into the premium world of action figure collecting. I might also step up into the 1/6 scale SS dolls too, but I love these VCD looks, the cartoon looking heads etc.

So, anywhere you think I should start looking for secondary market ones?
Looks like the ones I'm finding online are about $50 - $150 dollars each.

Any tips or tricks to helping me get my collection complete would be great to hear.

Thanks!

Ok so there are two different Medicom Figures for Yoda:

This one:
4342.jpg

And this one:
900148.jpg

I guess the obvious one goes along with the "cartoony" look of the other VCD figures; but that first Yoda is more along the lines of the detail and realism of the 1/6 scale figures, same with the Jawa, I'm guess I need to find the more "cartoony" ones to go into that set, and the more detailed ones go along with the 1/6 scale figure set?

900147.jpg

Yep, you got it. The VCD can refer to either the stylized "Super Deformed" figures, or the smaller non-standard body 1/6 figures.

Don't know much about prices on the cartoony ones, but I think some of them sell for decent money. I usually check completed eBay auctions... and also check the commerce section as I know they get listed here from time to time.

This is the check list I'm after now...minus the oversized ones, not after them.

Toy Vinyl Collectible Dolls
  • Black Hole Stormtrooper (2007 SDCC) – 1,000
  • C-3PO
  • Clone Trooper
  • 501st Clonetrooper (2006 SDCC)
  • Darth Maul
  • Darth Vader
  • Darth Vader (Oversized) – 600
  • Jawa
  • R2-D2
  • Royal Guard
  • Shadow Guard (2008 SDCC) – 600
  • Stormtrooper
  • TC-14
  • TIE Fighter Pilot
  • Wicket
  • Yoda

Yep, you got it. The VCD can refer to either the stylized "Super Deformed" figures, or the smaller non-standard body 1/6 figures.

Don't know much about prices on the cartoony ones, but I think some of them sell for decent money. I usually check completed eBay auctions... and also check the commerce section as I know they get listed here from time to time.

Galacticboy, I wrote you an email, I'm the current high bidder on your 20 Clone Wars Animated figures on ebay...was asking you if I could save money by picking up those figures, if I win, since you live in Stillwater and I live in OKC? Funny you found me on here.

there are 2 boba fetts as well..............esb & rotj color schemes.

Galacticboy, I wrote you an email, I'm the current high bidder on your 20 Clone Wars Animated figures on ebay...was asking you if I could save money by picking up those figures, if I win, since you live in Stillwater and I live in OKC? Funny you found me on here.

:lol :lol :lol

Sorry I didn't get back to you on that yet... I'll send you a PM.

Nice, wonder why its not on this check list, probably newer than the check list? I want one...guess I need to find a more up to date list?

Dude,
I have my collection up for sale if you're interested.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2233475#post2233475

Let me go see...

(few mins later)

Nice start that would give me huh...wow, why did you buy two of the stormtrooper and royal guards? Just curious. Wonder if I just got all the set but the two doubles if you would do a little cheaper? Maybe I just need two of them anyway...hehehe...for extra support. Oh and why you dumping them now...just curious again.

The "realistic" looking Star Wars VCD's are numbered in the normal VCD line, while the "super deformed" versions were in the VCD Special line and usually an exclusive of some type. I don't know if I have these completely up to date, but these are from the figure checklists we keep on the board here...

Vinyl Collectible Dolls
MEDVCD-086 Star Wars 1/6 Yoda
MEDVCD-114 Star Wars WICKET
MEDVCD-122 Star Wars Mini VCD Darth Vader
MEDVCD-123 Star Wars Mini VCD Darth Maul
MEDVCD-124 Star Wars Mini VCD Jango Fett
MEDVCD-129 Star Wars Jawa

Vinyl Collectible Dolls Special
MEDVCDSP-022 Star Wars Boba Fett ROTJ Version (WCC18 & StarWarsShop.com Exclusive) 2004
MEDVCDSP-027 Star Wars Darth Vader (Medicom Toy Exhibition 2005 Exclusive) (1505 & 500 split exclusive) 2005
MEDVCDSP-028 Star Wars Boba Fett ESB Version (WCC20 & StarWarsShop.com Exclusive) (1000 & 505 & 500 split exclusive) 2005
MEDVCDSP-039 Star Wars Stormtrooper (WCC21 Exclusive) 2005
MEDVCDSP-053 Star Wars Clone Trooper (Medicom Toy 10th Anniversary Exhibition Exclusive) 2006
MEDVCDSP-058 Star Wars Clone Trooper 501st Blue Version (Blister Direct & SDCC 2006 Exclusive) 1000
MEDVCDSP-065 Star Wars Tie Fighter Pilot (Wonder Festival 2006 Exclusive) (1506 & 500 split exclusvie) 2006
MEDVCDSP-074 Star Wars Shadow Stormtrooper (Wonder Festival 2007 & SDCC 2007 Exclusive) (1507 & 500 split exclusive) 2007
MEDVCDSP-080 Star Wars Royal Guard (Medicom Toy Exhibition 2007 & SDCC 2007 Exclusive) 2007
MEDVCDSP-090 Star Wars C-3PO (Blister Direct Exclusive)
MEDVCDSP-093 Star Wars Shadow Guard (SDCC Exclusive)
MEDVCDSP-095 Star Wars Darth Vader Over-Size (Blister Direct & Sideshow Exclusive) (400 & 600 split exlcusive) 1000
MEDVCDSP-098 Star Wars TC-14 The Phantom Menace (Blister Direct Exclusive)
MEDVCDSP-133 Star Wars Yoda
MEDVCDSP-146 Star Wars Darth Maul
MEDVCDSP-161 Star Wars R2-D2<!-- / message --><!-- edit note -->

Last edited:
Thank you for this post above, much appreciation to you.
But now I'm even more confused...

It appears the first set of ones you listed appear to be cartoony yet still different than the ones I've been seeing...

Example:
MEDVCD-123 Star Wars Mini VCD Darth Maul (Hadn't see before and MUCH cooler looking that the first)
medvcd-123.jpg

MEDVCDSP-??? Star Wars Darth Maul (2nd set you listed and the one I've seen on SS)
Darth Maul
VCD
Vinyl Collectible
Item Number: 900150
Manufactured by: Medicom Toy
900150_press01-001.jpg

I think I'm after the ones in the bottom check list, the ones up top aren't as cool looking IMHO.

Last edited:
Just saw your last post, and you're updates help, and I'm 99% sure I just want the 2nd list...not sure what that first list is, but the dolls aren't as cool.

Back