Vintage Medicom Aliens and Predators (for the lols)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vareika

Super Freak
Reaction score
Saw these on the bay and had to pick them up for $20 each. I know what some of you are thinking and I agree - they probably are not worth it considering I could have picked up a few of those nifty little Neca Predators figures for the price of $60. But I'm a big fan of vintage stuff, especially since these look way too ":rotfl" to pass on.

From left to right: Medicom Alien vs. Predator Special set, Real Action Series Predator, and Real Action Series Alien
001.JPG

When you come across a Preda"turd" you know without a question
002.JPG

Super awesome, "spacesuit" arms lol
006.JPG

With exception to the feet and head/dreads, everything is soft plastic, much like a toy duck your kids play with in the tub
007.JPG

As soon as I thought I'd :rotfl enough, I saw the extra hands and feet that came with the figure...and yes alien came with similar set of extra hands
005.JPG

Alien redeemed itself a little, actually looks pretty decent for such an old figure
008.JPG

The entire body suit uses the soft plastic previously mentioned...I've found my kid's new rubber ducky
009.JPG

more after the break...

Re: Vintage Medicom Aliens and Predators

As for the Alien vs. Predator Set, they were individually wrapped in plastic so I'm not opening them yet. Even so, I had to share some pictures.

Close up of the front box art
016.JPG

More LOLs for everyone!
010.JPG

Predator 2 armor? I dig that
011.JPG

Predator 1 mask? BIG LOL
014.JPG

Another box-art showing the P2 armor + P1 bio mask - the bio mask actually looks decent
017.JPG

Thanks for looking =). Figures are packed up and gone into storage for now :rotfl

Last edited:
Never saw what that special set's Alien looked like. From the box art, the head sculpt seems pretty good.

haha...I'm not to keen on likliness, but based on what I could make out of it through the plastic bag it looked kind of funny...notice the bad paint job on the teeth haha...

015.JPG

Ha, their P1 Bio looks better than the HT version... :lol

I actually really like these and want one now.
Congrats

Got a whole set of these back when they were first released. The glow Alien was pretty cool, but these have sure aged badly. Cant bring myself to get rid of them though.

i regretted buying these back when they came out. they're not the last Medi figures i regretted buying either. although, the "Special" 2-pack is slightly nicer than the RAH figures. what an awful company, i don't get how they can ask for high-end prices when they're anything but.

haha im curious actually, how much were these when they came out (approx converting to the $'s value now for example)?

haha im curious actually, how much were these when they came out (approx converting to the $'s value now for example)?

I don't know what they retailed for originally... but I do know that they were very hard to find when I was in Japan in 2000 and when I did find them they were usually in the $100+ range.

Glow in the dark and clear variants did not sell for as much, but the regular versions and the odd Big Chap version of the Alien sold for a lot.

But you also have to keep in mind that 11 years ago these didn't look that bad and no one was really doing 1/6 figures will so many uniquely sculpted pieces.

Got a whole set of these back when they were first released. The glow Alien was pretty cool, but these have sure aged badly. Cant bring myself to get rid of them though.

That is a great collection :lol Only variants you appear to be missing are the all gray Alien and the Predator shown in the first post (the fabric coverings instead of sculpted rubber).

I don't know what they retailed for originally... but I do know that they were very hard to find when I was in Japan in 2000 and when I did find them they were usually in the $100+ range.

Glow in the dark and clear variants did not sell for as much, but the regular versions and the odd Big Chap version of the Alien sold for a lot.

But you also have to keep in mind that 11 years ago these didn't look that bad and no one was really doing 1/6 figures will so many uniquely sculpted pieces.

hehe thanks for info...I think they are still quite fun to have

The new RAH Alien is pretty good. As far as oldies go, my favorite was the 1995 10" Kenner Ultimate Predator. Awesome sculpt. Barely any articulation, but still...

The new RAH Alien is pretty good. As far as oldies go, my favorite was the 1995 10" Kenner Ultimate Predator. Awesome sculpt. Barely any articulation, but still...
I've always loved that one, never bought it though. That was the one I always dreamed of getting when I was a little kid playing with my 5 inch kenner A/P figures. :lol

Really enjoyed your review of the RAH Alien. I believe these are under rated figures.
B.

i think i paid a little over $100 a pop for the RAH figures. i got the 2-pack clearanced out at my local comic shop for like $30. i wish i hadn't.

somewhat off-topic. does anybody still have the Tsukuda 1/5 scale alien figures? i have a few and they were pretty damn nice for then they came out.

Back