Vintage Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loved Colorforms as a kid, but I never had the Gremlins set. I don't know which I liked more: Colorforms or Shrinky Dinks.

Colorforms were more fun to me. The whole customization aspect and artwork. I couldn't color for crap so my Shrinky Dinks looked like crap.

Some additions to my wax pack collection:

adeze5us.jpg

u2y2eses.jpg

Love the art on the Jaws 2 wax pack! I've been thinking about getting the box. I guess they never did Jaws trading cards? I've never seen them anywhere.

Love the art on the Jaws 2 wax pack! I've been thinking about getting the box. I guess they never did Jaws trading cards? I've never seen them anywhere.

Nope, nothing for the first film unfortunately. The box itself for Jaws 2 is really nice looking.

I bought a bunch of Orginal TMNT movie cards from my Local TRU last year in 2013. Talk about old new stock:rotfl

qOMW6UX.jpg

QMorpxJ.jpg

They must have been hiding in the back room for over20 years lol

Some shots of my m.u.s.c.l.e figures.
I had Roller man as a kid so decided to buy another as well as a few more ;)

tumblr_nbvvmgX97f1tu688to2_500.jpg

tumblr_nbvvmgX97f1tu688to1_500.jpg

tumblr_nbw9bbCzV11tu688to1_500.jpg

^^ I loved those figures when they came out. Unfortunately, I'm sure they ended up in a garage sale or were lost when I was younger because I don't have any of them now.

Found a Thundercats Thunderclaw over the weekend. Anybody pick up anything good lately?

Nice pickup! I've actually put my vintage toy collecting on hold at the moment. We moved and I finally got my own office to display things, however the space is smaller than I had originally planned for. This is going to cause me to cut the toy collection in half. So in the meantime I halted the hunt.

BUT...

I did actually get back into retro gaming (NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, etc.). Picked up quite a few lots cheap lately. I'll post some pics later.

I've be on a nostalgia kick the last few months. Picked up some Kenner Star Wars, Tomy Tron figures, complete Max Ray and Ace McCloud Centurions, some early MOTU, a few Thundercats, the die-cast lion Voltron. Basically putting together some of the stuff I remember having as kid. Once I grab a few more Star Wars pieces and a Thundercats Hammerhand, it's on to MASK. Looking forward to having the Rhino again.

I've be on a nostalgia kick the last few months. Picked up some Kenner Star Wars, Tomy Tron figures, complete Max Ray and Ace McCloud Centurions, some early MOTU, a few Thundercats, the die-cast lion Voltron. Basically putting together some of the stuff I remember having as kid. Once I grab a few more Star Wars pieces and a Thundercats Hammerhand, it's on to MASK. Looking forward to having the Rhino again.

Of all the MASK stuff I have, a really nice Rhino is the one I'm missing and would like the most. I have one in bits a pieces but it's not the best shape.

I haven't been able to find anything lately on my vintage hunts. I generally like to find things in stores, rather than online, and I'm really picky about the condition, so that really limits my purchases.

I haven't been able to find anything lately on my vintage hunts. I generally like to find things in stores, rather than online, and I'm really picky about the condition, so that really limits my purchases.

I know exactly what you mean. There aren't many places around here to find vintage toys but I will hit up he occasional toy show. I'll be setting up at one in 2 weeks so I'm sure I'll be on the lookout for the last few things I need to finish up some lines.

Nice pickup! I've actually put my vintage toy collecting on hold at the moment. We moved and I finally got my own office to display things, however the space is smaller than I had originally planned for. This is going to cause me to cut the toy collection in half. So in the meantime I halted the hunt.

BUT...

I did actually get back into retro gaming (NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, etc.). Picked up quite a few lots cheap lately. I'll post some pics later.

That's a shame. I hate hurting for space. I've got so many things just tucked away in the toy closet because there's no way i could have it all out.

I actually picked up the big NES Advantage controller with the joystick and giant buttons at the thrift store a couple months back. Retro-brited my NES and controllers then lost all interest in hunting for games. Its something I'd love to get into at some point though.

Those are some pretty solid pick ups!

I'm the same way. Its more satisfying finding something in the wild in great condition than risking an ebay find. Unfortunately I've had to turn to the internet for the majority of my Super Powers guys.

I've been fairly quite on the vintage front... bought a few Super Powers figures about a month or two ago, but nothing since them. But I've got designs on more figures I'm hoping to add. But I'm about to be slammed with Pre-orders coming due from Sideshow and HT, so might have to quite it down a bit until after the first of the year :lol

Back