Vintage Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found a new box of trading cards today at a local comic shop. Even comes with a little poster of the photo on top the box. They also had a box of Indy ToD but the top of the box was jacked up bad. I was gutted. Half tempted to pick it up anyways just to get the full packs and see about finding an empty box, but I don't know how easy it would be to find one in good condition.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Wow, that's a gorgeous box! And to get the poster too is rare. Those came in the cases I believe and not every box. I actually have a trading card haul myself. A friend picked up a full box of TRON cards and she knew I needed them so we traded. Crossed that one off the list. I think at this point I almost have a full box of every property that I have focus collections of. Only thing missing would be Universal Monsters. The Creature Feature boxes are a bit more than I want to pay for at the moment.

Yesterday I also set up at a toy show to sell off part of my collection. I didn't have any luck selling the vintage stuff unfortunately but I did make some nice scores. I'll get some pics tomorrow.

Did you buy more than sell again? :thwak

No, not at all. I picked up a few things for my girls. There honestly wasn't much that I wanted. There were a bunch of vintage SW figures but everything was over priced. I had only picked up a carded Coast Patrol figure set from M.A.S.K. for myself ($10) until they had an auction late in the day. I managed to win a lot of 7 carded Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure figures for $20! There were dupes but it was easily $100+ worth of figures. No complaint there.

Congrats on that TRON box. I would love to see a pic. That's great that you are almost complete with the trading card boxes. I've still got a list and it's slow going.

Wow, that's a gorgeous box! And to get the poster too is rare. Those came in the cases I believe and not every box. I actually have a trading card haul myself. A friend picked up a full box of TRON cards and she knew I needed them so we traded. Crossed that one off the list. I think at this point I almost have a full box of every property that I have focus collections of. Only thing missing would be Universal Monsters. The Creature Feature boxes are a bit more than I want to pay for at the moment.

Yesterday I also set up at a toy show to sell off part of my collection. I didn't have any luck selling the vintage stuff unfortunately but I did make some nice scores. I'll get some pics tomorrow.

Been a long time since new posts. Here's a gun I picked up not too long ago. My collection of realistic looking 80's toy guns grows.

I have been to a lot of yard sales and such in my adulthood and haven't really ever come across anything great vintage wise. Maybe some decent comics here and there, but nothing to write home about. I don't know how you guys find all of this great stuff.

I still have, in perfectly working condition, my original nintendo and gameboy, and I've been toying with the idea of getting more games for them. Mike Tyson's Punch Out and Super Mario 2 come to mind as some great titles I never had as a kid.

e55e45f1973b9f46589c7de97c878a91_zps2544d914.jpg

Found this in a branson flea market few weeks back, hadn't seen one in the wild! And great price I thought

Found this in a branson flea market few weeks back, hadn't seen one in the wild! And great price I thought

:rock

Awesome! I used to have this game as a kid. Who knows what happened to it. I've seen it once in the wild and the seller wanted $60 for it.

All the pieces still there? That's a great price!

HOLY ****!!! :horror

I love that game. It's been on my want list for quite a while.

It's been quite some time since I bought a vintage toy, been too into retro gaming lately. A buddy did give me 2 sealed puzzles for my Black Hole collection. I'm hoping to make some progress on my office this weekend so I'll try to post some collection pics.

Yes all pieces were inside. Unfortunately the cashier person needed to collect the price tag and end up tearing off a piece of the yellow cover along with the sticker.

On a side note downtown Branson had a lot of cool shops including a "Five & Dime" that had been there for 30+ years.. I was checking out all the various stuffs when I saw up high along the walls original 80s cabbage patch kid dolls.. All original stock no longer for sale but being used for displays.. And then I noticed this and let out an audible gasp. Faded from 30 years of fluorescents but damn impressive to see in the wild.
c466725537f40d8d95ec1efe97d994b5_zps88290880.jpg

Attachments

• c466725537f40d8d95ec1efe97d994b5_zps88290880.jpg
    750.5 KB · Views: 220
A buddy of mine had one and the box is MASSIVE. The box was the same width and height of his couch and you could actually climb into it. We put the FLAGG together and it was a lot of fun. I never had one as a kid so it was quite fulfilling.

Yes all pieces were inside. Unfortunately the cashier person needed to collect the price tag and end up tearing off a piece of the yellow cover along with the sticker.

On a side note downtown Branson had a lot of cool shops including a "Five & Dime" that had been there for 30+ years.. I was checking out all the various stuffs when I saw up high along the walls original 80s cabbage patch kid dolls.. All original stock no longer for sale but being used for displays.. And then I noticed this and let out an audible gasp. Faded from 30 years of fluorescents but damn impressive to see in the wild.

That sounds like the place I went into when I visited Branson in October.

Back