Vintage Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just picked up another mini grail that I've wanted since childhood:

458d02c5-1411-719c.jpg

I'm also working on another classic figure/car combo, I should have it soon. :cool:

Nice. Every now and then I look for those but I'm trying to get them sealed. Michael isn't pretty hard to get nor too expensive, but KIT is another story.

Thanks! Theres usually 1 or 2 sealed ones on eBay at any given time if you want to spend $300-400 for it. I have a buddy who's a huge KR fan and is buying a sealed one to open.

458d02c5-1411-719c.jpg

I'm also working on another classic figure/car combo, I should have it soon. :cool:

Wow that is very cool. $300-400 sealed, eh? What about loose?

Good post Slade; makes quite a bit of sense :lecture

Thanks buddy!

Good post Slade; makes quite a bit of sense :lecture

Thanks buddy!

Agreed, i'd say those are completely accurate.

Thanks

Shogun Warriors actually came out in 1977 or 78. Maybe your referring to the Chogokin line issued by Bandai/Popy in 1973? They're the first anime robot toys produced with metal (Translation: Cho: Super Gokin: Metal) Also Chogokin was the material used to create Mazinger Z in the anime (Mazinger Z was the very first Chogokin made in 1973 GA-01)

That is what I meant, the diecast Chogokin line from 1973, which led to Shogun Warriors

Did you just make that up?

I ask because its fairly impressive. I disagree about the Artist Age though.

And where's the Dark Age? Maybe during the 80's. Golden Age seems a little too long. Wasn't there a difficult period for Toy companies in the late 80's? Didn't Kenner go under Hasbro in that time? Maybe not so "golden" a time for them.

I did and thanks. I think if anything the surge to produce smaller figures in the mid 70's to the mid 80's could be an era, starting with FP and Mego through until 1984-86 with Secret Wars and Super Powers and the end of Star Wars. At first it was to cut cost b/c oil was expensive, which made plastic expensive. Then Star Wars just killed it with figures AND vehicles and GI Joe went to the extreme with the "bigger is better" concept with vehicles.

"Licensing Era" could be more like 1983-1993.

Kenner folding into Hasbro is a footnote, like Mego passing on the Star Wars line.

458d02c5-1411-719c.jpg

A great piece! My brother surprised me with Kitt for a Xmas present 2 years ago. He's not real knowledgeable, but ended up getting a real nice loose one :rock :rock :rock

So I bought a repro SW cardback off eBay recently. Sadly, it just doesn't look as good as the originals, so now I'm thinking about picking up some of those. It just never ends. :lol

The new DST K.I.T.T. looks like it might be a good alternative to the old Kenner one which I still have. Looks like the Michael Knight figure will fit.

DMC11772.jpg

So I bought a repro SW cardback off eBay recently. Sadly, it just doesn't look as good as the originals, so now I'm thinking about picking up some of those. It just never ends. :lol

Buying Repro car backs bad mmm kay.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of repro cards either. They're good from far but far from good. Are you looking to buy just cardbacks now or carded figures?

The new DST K.I.T.T. looks like it might be a good alternative to the old Kenner one which I still have. Looks like the Michael Knight figure will fit.

DMC11772.jpg

Wow, that's really nice and the first I've seen of it. The DST Delorean was 1:15 scale which is about right with the Kenner. My buddy has one on order so I'm anxious to see it in person.

Buying Repro car backs bad mmm kay.

I thought it would look nice to have mint cardbacks behind mint figures, but they just look too clean and fake. I would rather have a nice vintage card. I learned my lesson. :lol

Yeah, I'm not a fan of repro cards either. They're good from far but far from good. Are you looking to buy just cardbacks now or carded figures?

I'm looking at just cardbacks now. There are some nice ones on eBay and Rebelscum, so I figure I can pick some up here and there. I'm also hoping to find some at CVI in August.

I thought it would look nice to have mint cardbacks behind mint figures, but they just look too clean and fake. I would rather have a nice vintage card. I learned my lesson. :lol

I'm looking at just cardbacks now. There are some nice ones on eBay and Rebelscum, so I figure I can pick some up here and there. I'm also hoping to find some at CVI in August.

Did they really turn out that bad? the Joe card aren't perfect but they're ok.

Did they really turn out that bad? the Joe card aren't perfect but they're ok.

I think the lack of being glossy like the real cardback is what kills it. I knew not to expect a glossy card, but I guess I didn't realize how much I would notice that until I had one in hand.

Or maybe I'm just a picky old fart. :lol

I snagged a vintage snowtrooper on an empire card off eBay last night. Bubble is clear with no dents and the card looks pristine. One small price tag is the only flaw. Buy it Now was $175 but I offered him $130 and he took it. I think I got a pretty good deal. And I've been wanting an MOC snowdrop per for a long time now.
:yess:

I snagged a vintage snowtrooper on an empire card off eBay last night. Bubble is clear with no dents and the card looks pristine. One small price tag is the only flaw. Buy it Now was $175 but I offered him $130 and he took it. I think I got a pretty good deal. And I've been wanting an MOC snowdrop per for a long time now.
:yess:

Congrats! That's a sweet score. I've been kicking around the idea lately of trying to go after a full loose SW set. I probably have about 1/3 of the figures leftover from my childhood but they aren't complete so I'd probably start there.

Wow, that's really nice and the first I've seen of it. The DST Delorean was 1:15 scale which is about right with the Kenner. My buddy has one on order so I'm anxious to see it in person.

That looks really nice... although I've already made a few 1:18 die cast purchases so I think I'll just stick with that scale for all future vehicle purchases.

I've got the Delorean and Kitt; but I'd like to add the '89 Batmobile, A-Team van and Ecto-1 to round out the 80's vehicle collection. Would love a 1:18 spinner from Blade Runner and light cycle form Tron, but don't know if those will ever happen :huh

Back