Vintage Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah. I already played with them a bit :lol. Great thing about M.U.S.C.L.E. is its easy to get a lot for pretty cheap. I've got some extras I recently picked up so let me know if you're looking for any in particular.

Awesome, thanks! I have to dig out what I can find this weekend and I'll let you know.

Dug M.U.S.C.L.E. as a kid. Any time you could get more than one toy in one pack was a treat. Strangely I've never seen any in the wild...

Here's a couple guys a did pick up at a garage sale last fall. They aren't in the greatest shape, but for a buck and a half I coudn't leave them there.

Gizmos.jpg

That's a great score for the price! I love those old Gizmos and the Stripe they made too. Oddly, these have never come across my path in person. Maybe someday.

I had some M.U.S.C.L.E. figures when i was younger and i especially remember one i had that looked like one of these evil dudes from Krull in the pic posted below.

krullslayer.jpg

I can honestly say that I've NEVER seen Krull. :monkey4

I can't wait to get him. They typically run over $100 on eBay, but I managed to find one for about $45 that also has the Emperor and Anakin.

Yeah ebay has been pretty good lately with bargains. I just finally managed to pick up the Remco Mini-Monsters Play case unused for $30 dlvd. They usually run $50-60. It was a BIN so I jumped right on it. The seller wasn't a toy collector/dealer so they obviously didn't know what it was worth. :yess:

Now I just need carded GITD Wolfman and Mummy (ugh, not easy to find and not cheap) and a loose Monsterizer (double ugh, even harder to find and even more expensive). That would complete my collection which I've been trying to do for years now.

I honestly love Krull!!! But it's a flick I've enjoyed it since the 80', so I'm sure nostalgia has a lot to do with it.

Still you might as well check it out... if anything Liam Neeson is in it :duff

Does anyone else think this thread should be moved to general collectibles/action figures? Since this thread is about vintage toys you're really not going to see any posts of statues or props. This thread is 99% action figures.

Awesome, thanks! I have to dig out what I can find this weekend and I'll let you know.

That's a great score for the price! I love those old Gizmos and the Stripe they made too. Oddly, these have never come across my path in person. Maybe someday.

Krull i really enjoyed as a child, watched it more then once for sure. These days you might think Krull is a alright movie, its a Medieval/Sci-Fi flick and the most recognizable actor i'd say from this film is definitely Liam Neeson, soundtrack composed by James Horner and it fits perfect.

Something I've wanted for many years, but never did pick up for one reason or another. A real "grail" for me, as you might expect if you have ever seen my avatar:

DSC_0505.jpg

DSC_0506.jpg

Ah I see it is. It must've been moved because it was in the statue/props section when the forum was split.
Nah, I was just messing. I moved it after your post. :D

Yeah, the majority of my favorite Joe characters are listed there, with notable exceptions for Zartan and the Crimson Twins, who aren't listed because they weren't single packs. I would also like to have a carded Snake Eyes (V2), Firefly, Storm Shadow, and Dusty one of these days.

Such an amazing lineup on the back of that card

Yup, '85 was hands down my favourite year for Joe. :)

'86 wasn't too shabby either. I was hardcore into GI Joe both those years. Definitely the peak for me.

'85 was just a kickass year all around for toys... I've always looked on that year as when some of my favorite's came out. Probably helps I was also 7 at the time and at peak susceptibility to marketing :lol

Yup, '85 was hands down my favourite year for Joe. :)

'86 wasn't too shabby either. I was hardcore into GI Joe both those years. Definitely the peak for me.

83-86 were the best! 82 is included in 83 for me because of the new swivel arms and the 82 lineup was re-released in 83 with the new posable Arms...

Great score, Karam! Man, I love those vintage cardbacks!

'85 is definitely my favorite Joe year followed closely by '84. '84 had such a killer Cobra lineup! Baroness, Firefly, Copperhead, Wild Weasle, Storm Shadow, and my personel favorite Zartan. Then there's Scrap-Iron... A decent figure who's sadly overshadowed by his amazing piers.

Krull i really enjoyed as a child, watched it more then once for sure. These days you might think Krull is a alright movie, its a Medieval/Sci-Fi flick and the most recognizable actor i'd say from this film is definitely Liam Neeson, soundtrack composed by James Horner and it fits perfect.

Never saw Krull, but I saw Excalibur. Did Patrick Stewart ever have hair?

Thanks guys. It isn't AFA graded or whatever, and has some sticker wear on the top right corner you can see, but I just wanted a carded, peach-backed Flint in good condition, so I'm completely satisfied with this one.

I'm with Mando on the Joe years. '85 was, I think, the peak of the line in terms of combination of figure quality and character selection.

Back