Vintage Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats! That's a sweet score. I've been kicking around the idea lately of trying to go after a full loose SW set. I probably have about 1/3 of the figures leftover from my childhood but they aren't complete so I'd probably start there.

Do it! Do it!

I've got the Delorean and Kitt; but I'd like to add the '89 Batmobile, A-Team van and Ecto-1 to round out the 80's vehicle collection. Would love a 1:18 spinner from Blade Runner and light cycle form Tron, but don't know if those will ever happen :huh

Not 1:18, but Medicom made a 1:24 spinner:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Japan-Medi...ultDomain_0&hash=item20c55f2204#ht_4101wt_986

Congrats! That's a sweet score. I've been kicking around the idea lately of trying to go after a full loose SW set. I probably have about 1/3 of the figures leftover from my childhood but they aren't complete so I'd probably start there.

The nice thing is that these figures aren't going anywhere. You can take your time getting everything and a full collection (minus telescoping sabres and other such nonsense) is totally within reach, whereas I just get burned out whenever I try and collect anything new, when it comes to Star Wars, anyway - it's frustrating, because whether it's a 3 3/4" toy or 12" high end figure, in a few years, they'll do a better version and the one you have will be all but worthless.

I would love to see Hasbro do up a limited number of vintage-style figures that Kenner never got around to doing, though. Prequel stuff might be a bit too much, since there's SOOO much, but even then, that might be pretty cool.

I actually just picked up a mint/unbroken EV-9D9 at the Ottawa Comiccon this weekend. He had it on the table for $100, but instantly dropped the price to $80.

EV-9D9.jpg

Who knows, I might have been able to talk him down a bit but $80 is a good price, I think, especially because I was a bit worried about buying this one online, what with the breakage issues...

This was the first Comicon in Ottawa, so the dealers weren't as numerous as I had hoped, but I got a small but decent score. Along with EV-9D9, I got a MISB Beast Wars TM Tarantulas, an RiD Arcee, and another (new) Techno Viper. Also got a couple signed pics of Lou Ferrigno. :)

The nice thing is that these figures aren't going anywhere. You can take your time getting everything and a full collection (minus telescoping sabres and other such nonsense) is totally within reach, whereas I just get burned out whenever I try and collect anything new, when it comes to Star Wars, anyway - it's frustrating, because whether it's a 3 3/4" toy or 12" high end figure, in a few years, they'll do a better version and the one you have will be all but worthless.

I totally agree!!! I like that there is a beginning and an end to a set or series. And for the most part there is a lot of it out there so if you take your time you can get alot for your money... And nice pick ups!!!

Here's something that I've been working on for a while. My friend picked this up in a lot last year and I've been trying to get him to sell it to me ever since. Well he finally caved:

458d02c5-a6f6-5e1a.jpg

It's not perfect. The roof is missing which is very common. And the worst part is that Magnum is missing the lower part of his right arm. Ouch, I know but due to the rarity of this and the sentimentality of it to me I honestly dont care. Hopefully I can replace the figure someday but for now I'm happy.

^^^

^^^

$80 for an EV-9D9 that is in good condition without jacked up legs is a good deal. He's really one of the hardest figures to find I think.

I totally agree!!! I like that there is a beginning and an end to a set or series. And for the most part there is a lot of it out there so if you take your time you can get alot for your money... And nice pick ups!!!

Thanks!

Yeah, every time I try and collect Star Wars stuff, I get burned out. Doesn't matter how cool it is - Sideshow, Lego, etc. There always seems to be a "better" version that comes out, plus things get out of hand, display-wise. There's just too much of it!

Nice score on the Magnum! The 3 3/4" TV stuff is just too cool. :)

$80 for an EV-9D9 that is in good condition without jacked up legs is a good deal. He's really one of the hardest figures to find I think.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting to find him, that's for sure. I didn't think I'd be spending as much as I did because of him - had to hit the bank machine for extra money!

Here's something that I've been working on for a while. My friend picked this up in a lot last year and I've been trying to get him to sell it to me ever since. Well he finally caved:

458d02c5-a6f6-5e1a.jpg

It's not perfect. The roof is missing which is very common. And the worst part is that Magnum is missing the lower part of his right arm. Ouch, I know but due to the rarity of this and the sentimentality of it to me I honestly dont care. Hopefully I can replace the figure someday but for now I'm happy.

Sweetness! That piece is on my 3 3/4 inch wishlist (along with Face's Vette), but I'd have to it in the box. The box could be beat to sheet, but I'd want that Magnum logo staring back at me. Nice score though.

Oh i'd kill for a boxed one but since a beat to death one would still bring way over 5 bills, i'll live with this for now. :cool:

Actually what i'd rather have is the single carded Magnum figure but thats even harder to find then the Ferrari boxset.

I recently bought back my 2 favorite toys from my childhood.I was born in 1976 and these toys were a bit before my time but my older cousin gave them to me when I was 6 and they became my grails at the time, those 2 bad ass action figures had an immediate impact on the kid that I was...I hold unto them until I had 11 years old, they were the last 2 toys I had kept but finally sold them at a yard sale when I started having interest in girls...lollll

Did you guess who they were....?

Kenner's Bionic Bigfoot and Mego's 12 Hulk !!!

Now back in the Worm's collection..:)

e97d22a5.jpg

386fd29f.jpg

093be5a2.jpg
I have that Bigfoot. It's not in as good a shape as yours though. Mine is missing the chest plate and I had to reattach the arms with a rubberband. LOL

I always wanted that Hulk but could never find it when I had the money so I never got it. :(

That Steve Austin is baddass! I always wanted one and Bigfoot too.

I've got a Lili Ledy Yoda coming. I'm not really a variant collector, but I've always wanted one of these because he's fairly different looking.

I've got a Lili Ledy Yoda coming. I'm not really a variant collector, but I've always wanted one of these because he's fairly different looking.

Is he? I'm not too well versed in the international figures.

In other news I'm jonesing for some M.U.S.C.L.E. figures...

In other news I'm jonesing for some M.U.S.C.L.E. figures...

You can never go wrong with M.U.S.C.L.E. :rock

Speaking of which I just scored this oddball Kinnikuman item; its basically a Spinja type set but the launcher is battery powered and a figure (slightly smaller than usual) fits inside the spinners.

kkn.jpg

kko.jpg

kkp.jpg

Oh Snap! That set looks SICK!!! Please tell me that you're going to play it and not leave it in the box. :rock

My M.U.S.C.L.E. interest got rebooted this past weekend when I picked up a toy crane machine at a yard sale for $2. I want to fill it with the figures. Unfortunately, I can't find most of mine right now. I need to find a good sized lot for cheap. This should help me get back on track for making (most) of a set, minus the rares.

Yeah. I already played with them a bit :lol. Great thing about M.U.S.C.L.E. is its easy to get a lot for pretty cheap. I've got some extras I recently picked up so let me know if you're looking for any in particular.

Dug M.U.S.C.L.E. as a kid. Any time you could get more than one toy in one pack was a treat. Strangely I've never seen any in the wild...

Here's a couple guys a did pick up at a garage sale last fall. They aren't in the greatest shape, but for a buck and a half I coudn't leave them there.

Gizmos.jpg

I had some M.U.S.C.L.E. figures when i was younger and i especially remember one i had that looked like one of these evil dudes from Krull in the pic posted below.

krullslayer.jpg

Back