Vintage Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno Deak, the clear lack of Star Wars vernacular in this post makes me question whether or not Karamzov80 is deserving of any vintage goodness :lecture :lol

We may have to implement a quiz, or standardized testing to see if people are worthy :lol

Always in motion is the future.

Maybe ask some questions that are only OT-relevant and not tainted by the PT. Or some quotes.

Double true! Bros before Sam. :wave

"Echo Station Three-T-Eight. We've spotted big walkers."

:panic:

If you're nice to Flosi he'll PM you some "big walkers".

It's funny, that R2 is quite pricey, but it's probably the least desired of all the POTF figures for me. I mean, I've already got the first R2, then there's the sensor scope version I'll have to get as well... Kind of feel silly having to get all these R2s that basically look the same. I'll get it eventually for completion's sake, but I'm in no rush. It's almost like more of a variant.

He's one of the hardest to find mint. It's SCIENCE!

I gotta say that I love this thread.

winston.jpg

I dunno Deak, the clear lack of Star Wars vernacular in this post makes me question whether or not Karamzov80 is deserving of any vintage goodness :lecture :lol

We may have to implement a quiz, or standardized testing to see if people are worthy :lol
Perhaps you're right, and I should restrict my vintage collecting to stuff I actually collected as a kid. Star Wars is clearly the inferior toy line anyway. Yo Joe, _____es!

l.jpg

l.jpg

It's funny, that R2 is quite pricey, but it's probably the least desired of all the POTF figures for me. I mean, I've already got the first R2, then there's the sensor scope version I'll have to get as well... Kind of feel silly having to get all these R2s that basically look the same. I'll get it eventually for completion's sake, but I'm in no rush. It's almost like more of a variant.

I considered just having one R2 and C-3PO. but found as I got further along I felt I needed them more :lol

Sippycup R2 really is not that great of a figure, but sometimes you just gotta give in :lol

Perhaps you're right, and I should restrict my vintage collecting to stuff I actually collected as a kid. Star Wars is clearly the inferior toy line anyway. Yo Joe, _____es!

l.jpg

l.jpg

:lol :lol Nice... now tell me that is not your collection. If it is I think you might have to take over this thread :lol

No no no. If it was, trust me, I would be showing it off at every chance, putting links to pics in my signature, changing my user title to "greatest unopened Joe collection in the world, _____es! Etc." :lol I actually don't have any unopened Joe stuff, though I've considered picking a few up. . .

He's one of the hardest to find mint. It's SCIENCE!

Why is that, anyway? Just because of the stickers? The "lightsabre launch" mechanism?

I know I'll get him eventually, but I didn't know he was hard to find MINT, just hard to find like any POTF figure... I'm interested in what I should be looking for here.

Perhaps you're right, and I should restrict my vintage collecting to stuff I actually collected as a kid. Star Wars is clearly the inferior toy line anyway. Yo Joe, _____es![/img]

Agreed! But Kenner's 3 3/4" line is still a nice one to collect - and EASIER, imo, as long as you're not going for the variants. Way too many RAH Joes to be a completist, as far as I'm concerned - and too much stuff after '86 is hit or miss...

I considered just having one R2 and C-3PO. but found as I got further along I felt I needed them more :lol

Sippycup R2 really is not that great of a figure, but sometimes you just gotta give in :lol

lol, yeah, like I said, I'll get him eventually, if only to display with Jedi Luke, so I have the original with Farmboy Luke, etc.

I started this quest a few months ago...

thundercats-collectiona.JPG

-Zoid

Congrats! They display very well.

I started this quest a few months ago...

thundercats-collectiona.JPG

-Zoid

Looking good Prop! :rock

Why is that, anyway? Just because of the stickers? The "lightsabre launch" mechanism?

It's the sticker and because he's a white figure. That's also science. :lol

Yeah, they're all in a box, as are my vintage Transformers, Super Powers, and Secret Wars stuff. I guess I'm a sad excuse for a vintage collector :(

This is a shot from several years ago. Nothing too impressive, though I have all the figures I wanted.

P1010031-1.jpg

Oh, ok. You're off the hook...for now.

:lecture :lecture

Me too ! I need more than him ! LOL.

We'll see if my scraps are good enough for you guys.

I can't remember if I had posted this or not. Some Secret Wars love. I'd love to pick up a Constrictor & Iceman some day.

topbook2.jpg

I need the 3 European ones as well... could also do with a less worn Captain America and a Daredevil w/his weapon.

The red color on my Daredevil bleeds through fairly often, but I guess that is a universal issue with him.

Back